• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I could use a little help isolating a problem

Fazzar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
290
I've got an older Alienware computer that suddenly went to hell performance-wise. It can barely run any game and in fact hangs up when just opening a browser or any other windows program.

It's Vista and I've tried many troubleshooting ideas such as: scandisk, chkdsk, defrag, disk-clean up, multiple virus scans, ad-aware, driver cleaner, etc. I've uninstalled everything I can and tried all of the above again.

Any ideas on how I can narrow this down?

Thanks in advance.
 
Dodgy memory? I'd start with removing memory sticks and see if anything changes.
 
Vista is the first hurdle. You should dump that. this is the opportune time. otherwise i would do a fresh install, which model AW is it, i have a myriad of troubleshooting notes from all of mine, ive had em all since the giant Clevo brick 900 series..
 
Update the SSD's firmware.

Wait, did you actually run defrag on a SSD?
 
Back
Top