• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I apologize, Please Help me?? =D..

swirly said:
Yes that has to be the problem , I do not have the manuals , but there is instructions the put the jumpers on , I can barely read them and I do not want to take all 4 drives out.. That will be a real pain in my crack..

Better go get some Preperation [H] then :rolleyes:

Take out the drives and make sure there jumpers are set correctly and you won't have a problem.
 
I am going to wait until tomorrow to call a technician so he can stress himself getting it done so when I come home from school.. I will have a pc..
 
Will I be able to install Windows XP if I get my CD-RW drive reading it even if my hardrive is not being recognized??
 
no, because windows goes onto your harddrive? but if you boot with the cd, dah nvm just you need everything to work to get windows. i guess just update us tomorrow.. :(
 
synergy321 said:
no, because windows goes onto your harddrive? but if you boot with the cd, dah nvm just you need everything to work to get windows. i guess just update us tomorrow.. :(
Yea don't even worry about it, 3 pages of posts that he hasn't listened to one of them yet. Reading this thread front to back, he definately needs to pay someone else to fix this for him. Honestly you might even want them to install windows and get it setup for you. It'll make your life, and ours much easier.
 
liquidtrance123 said:
Yea don't even worry about it, 3 pages of posts that he hasn't listened to one of them yet. Reading this thread front to back, he definately needs to pay someone else to fix this for him. Honestly you might even want them to install windows and get it setup for you. It'll make your life, and ours much easier.

Not trying to be mean but, I have to agree with the above poster. This is the fifth thread we''ve seen involving this computer. Just let someone set it up for you.
 
Guys it is not that I am not listening to you , it is more like, I can't do what you guys say.. I will mess it up .. I don't know as much about computers as you guys.. I am having someone do it for me.. One lil question.. My graphics card wasn't in all the way, so my friend pushed it in for me, but it looked like he was pressing it really hard.. Do you think it damaged anything? lol I doubt it but just wondering.. it did not snap or anything.. Just pressured pretty hard into the agp slot.. to make sure it was snugly in..
 
no its fine...dont worry if something messed up your mobo would be cracked and big fire balls would fly out of your moniter, but no nothing messed up.
 
LOL thanks man.. I'll let you know my new problems after the technician comes ;] ....
 
who is your friend that pushed the card in and gave you the advice in the beginning? can they help you? otherwise get the "technician" to set it up.. and if they are willing sit there while they are fixing your computer and have them explain what is going on so you will learn something..
 
Man, swirly, you are one confused kid.

I thought we fixed this all in the other thread we had...

You need to read up on a beginner's guide, it sounds like you are completely clueless. Now, we all started in the same place, but building an entire system by yourself isn't the best way to start, there are many things that can go wrong. Hopefully this tech can fix the system for you..
 
Lmao Yes I know , I am not completely clueless, I just forgot to set the jumpers on the harddrives and cd drives... And secondly, it is not my fault ABIT sent me the beta BIOS that can't even recognize a keyboard..
 
swirly said:
Lmao Yes I know , I am not completely clueless, I just forgot to set the jumpers on the harddrives and cd drives... And secondly, it is not my fault ABIT sent me the beta BIOS that can't even recognize a keyboard..

I highly doubt that the onboard BIOS is messed up. Reset your CMOS and it will be fine..
 
I will get back to you guys around 9:00 EST and tell you what is up.. Because a tech will come at 7 to make sure it is in tact.. =)!!!!!!!
 
K my motherboard is fried, will not turn on, plus, the IDE drive was fried because the hdd's werent being read.. I do not get this lol.. I bought the new X DREAMER II Case.. I love this man, and I will RMAA the board.. WISH ME LUCK!!
 
i hate to say this, but dude you should have bought a dell, do yourself a favor before you break anything else take it into a shop and have them set it up for you.
 
orvil01 said:
i hate to say this, but dude you should have bought a dell, do yourself a favor before you break anything else take it into a shop and have them set it up for you.

wow...I never thought I would ever recommend someone to get a Dell AND the home setup, onsite maintenance, and 4-year warranty packages.
 
Ok me and my technician were turning my computer on and off trying to solve the problem I have.. Anyways.. All of a sudden nothing came on.. Well it power LITERALLY a millisecond.. And shut off.. The cpu fana nd stuff spun for a second.. After this we concluded the motherboard fried.. If the motherboard fried does that mean EVERYTHING on it fried?? My video card, ram, cpu, and eveything else?? I don't understand.. I am scared.. Help would be appreciated..

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
 
Try turning it on again. If your psu fan dosen't spin then its toast if it does spin then continue troublshooting.
 
Take the machine down to a bare minimum and try that. Then try the components in another machine to see if they are messed up.

Lyquist
 
Could be static or shorting. Strip it down, put the mobo on a mobo tray only outside of the case and go from there. Another thing it could be is power. Some psu's need you to hook up quite a few things to even start up. Check the cpu and make sure it's 100% seated, the hs/f is in 100% contact, try clearing the cmos, etc.
 
Did you open up the case beforehand? If so, you might have shocked something. It could be the mobo or the PSU itself.
 
swirly said:
K my motherboard is fried, will not turn on, plus, the IDE drive was fried because the hdd's werent being read.. I do not get this lol.. I bought the new X DREAMER II Case.. I love this man, and I will RMAA the board.. WISH ME LUCK!!


Maybe the hdds were not being read because the motherboard was fried? Also, maybe you should stop trying to "trick out" your PC before you get it to work.
 
ok....you did not get a beat bios...its BETA for a reason....so dont blame abit...

you just messed something up and now you gotta RMA your board.........when you get a new one back bring it straight tothe shop and have them set it all up...
 
No I am not dumb, Yeah I am RMAing the board, but the technician did it.. It turned on fine , but the guy didn't know hwo to put a damn hardrive in the slot.. And he kept banging into the board.. He was a kinda fat dude and his fingers were too big.. lol .. but I know how to do it.. Especially now I am using a way bigger case than the one I have now!!!!
 
Same thing my system was doing after I shorted a PCI card in it. Turned out that the PSU was shot. I swapped it out with a different PSU and it fired right up.

So i'd troubleshoot the PSU first.
 
swirly - once again, I've merged two of your threads.

I don't know how to make this any more clear - one thread, per subject........please?

B.B.S.
 
swirly said:
No I am not dumb, Yeah I am RMAing the board, but the technician did it.. It turned on fine , but the guy didn't know hwo to put a damn hardrive in the slot.. And he kept banging into the board.. He was a kinda fat dude and his fingers were too big.. lol .. but I know how to do it.. Especially now I am using a way bigger case than the one I have now!!!!
who is this technician? where do you live? maybe you can pay someone on here to fix it right and actually teach you somehting, rather than some "fat fingered" guy who is going to break your comptuer.. i don't know though.. just at thought....
 
my computer does that second fan spin when the the jumper for clearing the cmos is not closed.....banging around might have knocked it off. this technician you are describing doesnt sound like much of a technician.......
 
Sorry B.B.S. Didn't know it was the same topic lol.. Anyways.. Man Oh MAN!!!! Yeah I settled this out for now, I am sending back my old Aspire 500 Watt PSU and they are shipping me a brand new one.. The one in my pc now is a logisys.. They are not very good.. I wanted to use the logisys just until I get the Aspire bakck.. So when I get the ASPIRE, I will try it out.. If not the board is going back!!!!

EDIT:: Thanks for all of the advice.. Keep it coming.. I will post back!!!!!
 
Hey one question.. My motherboard lights are on.. Do you think my motherboard or my cpu fried?? I sohuld be able to call tigerdirect.com and they can RMA it both bu they are being retards.. 1 second.. counting..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
actually... tell us where you live... jut what city.. someone on this board has to live near you, probably.. and guess what? i would trust them more than BB or osmething.. or they could at least reccomend a place near you..

also.. buy from newegg in the future, not tigerdirect..

third.. what kind of computer are you using now? maybe you can test parts from your " new" comptuer in the one you are using now to see what is wrong.. at the same time however, i don' t know if i want to tell you to do that.. ebcasue you might have 2 dead computers...

i really don't see how anything fried, unless your "technician" did something to the computer.. because you were getting pretty far along before....

so.. here we go...
take the motherboard out of the case.. put it on a table.. (not metal) a non-conductive table.. wood is fine.. (i have to cover my bases) carpet, and metal would both be very bad ideas..

then connect only the following things..


cpu/heatsink..
power supply
1 stick of memory
video card..
and in your case.. power button.. run the cord outside the case..

plug in the psu, hit the power button.. it should post.. if nothing happens then.. reset the cmos, try again.. if you get to that point and nothing works.. then something is fried..


so either do that.. or tell us where you live and i am sure you can pay someone on here to fix it for you and teach you what is going on at the same time..
 
YAY!! My new case came and my motherboard+CPU will be coming soon.. I think Tuesday.. In building a brand new machine.. Whar should I do first? Hardrives,Cd Drivesl motherboard, video card, and all that shit?
 
I'm serious about this: have someone that knows how to build computers build it for you. I am in Media, PA. If you want to come down and have me build it for you, I will gladly do it.
 
Back
Top