I am so bored. All these games suck.

I would suggest a new past time is you can't find anything worth playing. To me there is plenty of choice out there and so little time to play

i'm in the same boat, if i just had more free time, there's a ton of games out there for me to enjoy. i have a huge backlog of games that i just don't have time to complete.

i hate seeing the word bored. to me, bored = not trying hard enough.

I just got a i7-920 with dual GTX 480s SLIed, and can finally run Crysis at very high settings @ 2560x1600.

My thought by the time I got back out of the alien cave? That I can now clearly see what a turd this game was...

Once you can get beyond the whoop-de-do of the graphics done all the way, it leaves you bored. I have Warhead and haven't even played it yet, but after Crysis in its full glory, I'm not thrilled anymore for my first ride on Warhead, even though I know it'll look as good as it can get...

Warhead feels different & plays really well IMHO.

Warhead feels different & plays really well IMHO.

Thanks. I'll make sure to keep it on my list then, instead of just a potential complete pass... (It is already installed...)

It's just that Crysis (and Bioshock) were the first games (2007) that I was excited for since 2004 and HL2. Planned to buy both on release on play 'em right away. (I even upgraded to dual 8800GTX SLI for Crysis) But then Bioshock was released without proper WS H+ support (and amazingly I still have no played it...), and Crysis ran like complete ass regardless of what system you upgraded to. So, Crysis was returned pending some patches or something. By the time the final patch was released, it was $18.

Oh, and now that I have a quad-core: Crytek stating that Crysis was quad-core optomized is such utter, utter BS... I'm glad I didn't waste money upgrading years ago to a quad just for it... Damn near came close!

BioShock 1 & 2 are worth it after slapping on the patches, too

Don't have B2 yet, but I'll put B1 on my list, and maybe it'll cause me to quickly snag B2...

I have a backlog of like 600 games (350 games on Steam alone)... I'm considering just posting a list of what I own here on [H] and having people suggest what I need to play out of it... I just bought my new machine completely solely for gaming this time (my ol' dual-core 5870 system is now for web browsing, etc etc, so if it's not game-related, I have a machine for that, so no more excuses why I can't immediately start gaming when I wish), and if I end up not gaming, I'm probably going to finally just give up the hobby... But giving it up because I tried 20 awful games that made me go "pfft!" when real gamers here could have made a better selection of 20 first games to try, could make all the difference...

Don't have B2 yet, but I'll put B1 on my list, and maybe it'll cause me to quickly snag B2...

I have a backlog of like 600 games (350 games on Steam alone)... I'm considering just posting a list of what I own here on [H] and having people suggest what I need to play out of it... I just bought my new machine completely solely for gaming this time (my ol' dual-core 5870 system is now for web browsing, etc etc, so if it's not game-related, I have a machine for that, so no more excuses why I can't immediately start gaming when I wish), and if I end up not gaming, I'm probably going to finally just give up the hobby... But giving it up because I tried 20 awful games that made me go "pfft!" when real gamers here could have made a better selection of 20 first games to try, could make all the difference...

Go for it & make a new thread. You could request that people make a list of top 20 & then you can see which ones matter the most to you.

BC2 is clunky garbage compared to 1942.

No mention of Mass Effect anywhere in this thread. You played ME 1 & 2?

I said 2142, not 1942. :)

1942 was pretty good though the experts that always grabbed the planes kinda killed it for me. Nothing like strafing runs non-stop.

You may not like BC2 but it's definitely not clunky garbage.

Fallout: New Vegas isn't far off.
INdeed, looks pretty intrstn.
imo all the battlefield games are overrated, lol.
*gasp*

Get out!
Ghostbuster: The Video Game. Really fun, and different then all you've mentioned.

You will be disapointed with Crysis. The graphics are pretty in a lot of ways, but the story is very dull. Based on what you've said, I doubt you'll like it.
TBH, if you don't like Crysis, it's your fault.
I just got a i7-920 with dual GTX 480s SLIed, and can finally run Crysis at very high settings @ 2560x1600.

My thought by the time I got back out of the alien cave? That I can now clearly see what a turd this game was...

Once you can get beyond the whoop-de-do of the graphics done all the way, it leaves you bored. I have Warhead and haven't even played it yet, but after Crysis in its full glory, I'm not thrilled anymore for my first ride on Warhead, even though I know it'll look as good as it can get...
As above... :D

Lately, indeed a lot of the games have been consoly and that can add discouragement to playing/trying many new games in fear of having deja vu.

OP - if you aren't getting much joy from many games, just take a break. You game because you like it, right? So if for now there is not much to like, find alternative things to try. There is not much point on forcing it.

Just a sidenote - SC: Conviction: at first I did not really get it, but a few weeks later I gave it another go and liked it. May wanna try it.

It's not just you, they all suck.

Gaming went mainstream, now its all console trash, it will never be the same. It's all about autoaim, auto health regeneration, quick time events, one button one kill, press X not to die, collecting points and xp from kills to level up and get your online achievements.

:/

Just about sums it up for me too. lol

I want to know what some of you guys that think everything sucks actually play? Or do you even bother anymore?

And I hope you tell me something besides World of Warcraft and such.

No mention of Mass Effect anywhere in this thread. You played ME 1 & 2?

This. Mass Effect (and the sequel to an extent) is the most recent game that I've truly enjoyed and have played multiple times. The first one does a very good job of blending RPG elements with a shooter. Though as you progress in the game and really build your character some of the action can get pretty easy (like a laughable final boss), but in terms of game play, story and appearance, the Mass Effect games are some of my most recent favorites.

I will say this, if you do really enjoy the first one there are a lot of changes to the sequel. Some for the good (the best ending requires a very solid play through, possibly even requiring multiple play throughs) and some for the bad (very consolized and dumbed down on the rpg stat management, which was already pretty easy and watered down).

Like, building stuff.

I lol'd pretty hard at this.

I've become obsessed with CrimeCraft lately. It's like a UT3/CS/MMO. Very strange but it fits the bill perfectly for me. Free too.

You're probably "game" fatigued. Try picking up another hobby and see if something else holds your interest.

Jesus, I have the opposite problem - I have so many titles that don't suck that I don't know what to do about it. Some nights I launch steam, or open my games folder, and I just sit there looking at all the icons for all the games I own, and wonder which one I should launch.

Should I...

1) Finish Mass Effect 2.
2) Finish Bioshock 2
3) Finish Dragon Age
4) Finish Metro 2033
5) Start the Peninsular campaign in Napoleon Total War.
6) Continue my Dirt 2 campaign.
7) See if I can actually advance beyond the sword in Civ 4 (something I've never done).
8) Replay the Mafia 2 demo for the one hundredth time.
9) Race a few laps in Shift
10) Actually continue to play whichever title I bought from Steam just 5 nights ago.

The options are so overwhelming that sometimes I just sit there in a trance, like a zombie, starring at my screen.

BC2 can be a lot of fun as long as you are on a good team . I find that playing on a team full of snipers makes me want to log out. it is pretty much the only FPS out that has any realism to it, to an extent.

Jesus, I have the opposite problem - I have so many titles that don't suck that I don't know what to do about it. Some nights I launch steam, or open my games folder, and I just sit there looking at all the icons for all the games I own, and wonder which one I should launch.

Should I...

1) Finish Mass Effect 2.
2) Finish Bioshock 2
3) Finish Dragon Age
4) Finish Metro 2033
7) See if I can actually advance beyond the sword in Civ 4 (something I've never done).
10) Actually continue to play whichever title I bought from Steam just 5 nights ago.

The options are so overwhelming that sometimes I just sit there in a trance, like a zombie, starring at my screen.

LMAO, do you actually end up playing a game?

I feel your pain. I like to play one game at a time to completion. It helps with immersion factor in the story lines, and also serves to make your choice easier once that one is off the list.

Should I...

1) Finish Mass Effect 2.
2) Finish Bioshock 2
3) Finish Dragon Age
4) Finish Metro 2033

ROFL I do the same thing...just click at random things then sit there and think for a while and then meh time to go to bed for work in the morning. :D

What I want out of a game:

1. Less grind.
2. More story.

I'm done jumping through the same hoops 234972 times. The hamster wheel is now in the trash.

GW2 is pretty much my last gaming hope about now.

Should I...

1) Finish Mass Effect 2.
2) Finish Bioshock 2
3) Finish Dragon Age
4) Finish Metro 2033

I'm like that sometimes, i have a list at least that long. I tend to only install a few games at a time and force myself to either complete or abandon each game in turn, theres no point in trying to play 10 games at the same time you end up 1/3rd through all of them and overwhelmed.

Just focus on 1-2 of them for a while and shorten your list first, that will help.

I have the same problems so many great games to play and so little time. And that doesn;t even include backlog of classics from time where i was doing mmos 24/7 :)

Good games have been declining since like 2004-2005. After that the quality and addictiveness of games started to decline big time. Companies are just getting greedier now. They want more money faster so they think they can do that by pumping out more titles faster but crappier. I don't think there will be another counter strike popular game for along time. If only they improved the games from before. They always have to start over and not include the original games features. Usually the sequels of games today have less features than the original games that made it to the big time. We are in a dead period right now where nothing that interesting has came out except starcraft 2. I'm still playing older games because of their game play. Graphics get you in the door mostly. Without good game play the game will suck and you will lose interest quick. A lot of my recent games collect dust because of that.

Hardcore gaming is not dead any more than hardcore automobiling died out when we got electric starters and AC installed. Games are different now and we, as a community, have to understand that.

Hardcore gaming is not dead any more than hardcore automobiling died out when we got electric starters and AC installed. Games are different now and we, as a community, have to understand that.

Yea but electric starters and air conditioners actually work.
That said, I really want to play Red Dead Redemption even though it has some bugs. Single player is not really what I am interested in.

Is there going to be a PC version of RDR? They said there was, but I haven't heard anything about it. It took them forever for GTA4. I wasn't very impressed with it, but if RDR is just GTA4 in the West then I'm good to go. I really like the multiplayer videos I have seen of it.

EDIT: Nevermind. WTF Rockstar?
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/109/1096617p1.html

They have done the same thing with GTA IV.
They simply don't want to reduce sales of inferior console version :D

Yeah, I bet we see some announcement in October or November. Probably a release at the end of the Q1 in 2011.

you need to play starcraft 2

im looking forward to Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic.

I would get so much more done if I didn't like the games that are out now so much. I wish I had the OP's problem.

What I want out of a game:

1. Less grind.
2. More story.

I'm done jumping through the same hoops 234972 times. The hamster wheel is now in the trash.

GW2 is pretty much my last gaming hope about now.

Did you play Dragon Age?

Currently I'm working on

Plants vs Zombies
GTA IV
Starcraft 2
Mass Effect 2

Looking forward to..

COD : Black Ops
Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight 2
Civ 5
+ more

Last edited:
Yea but electric starters and air conditioners actually work.
That said, I really want to play Red Dead Redemption even though it has some bugs. Single player is not really what I am interested in.

Is there going to be a PC version of RDR? They said there was, but I haven't heard anything about it. It took them forever for GTA4. I wasn't very impressed with it, but if RDR is just GTA4 in the West then I'm good to go. I really like the multiplayer videos I have seen of it.

EDIT: Nevermind. WTF Rockstar?
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/109/1096617p1.html

Honestly, RDR is my game of the generation. No if's ands or buts.

I wanted so bad to play it I bought the 360 version and no regrets. Its utterly fantastic, GTA in the wild west with none of the bad that the GTA series has been plagued with. Some of the best story telling and character development I have ever encountered in a video game. Moreso than the Mass Effect series IMO.

The day RDR comes to PC is the day I double dip but I'll be honest here from 1 gamer to a community of gamers. This game is worth owning on even the consoles, don't neglect yourself such a rich experience because its not coming to the PC (for now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgogah1INcY

I cannot think of the last time a video game was so close to perfect on so many levels.

The OP lists like a dozen FPS games and says "I'm bored". Hello. Try playing some different kind of game! I like RPGs, but heck, if all I did was play RPGs, I'd get pretty bored, pretty quickly. Try mixing it up a little, geez.

looking forward to Civ 5 next month....

what we need:
Jedi Knight sequel
Quake 5 (done right)
X-wing/Tie Fighter sequel
Syndicate sequel
*just Moar Space Combat in general!!!*
Mechwarrior 5!!! (and done *right*... meaning no console version!)

probably others i've missed....

Back