I am so bored. All these games suck.

BallerX

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it just me? None of these new crap games have me excited at all. I have a minor fascination with Bullet Storm, but Cliffy B is a D-bag and his prior statements don't exactly fill me with confidence.

I remember having so much fun playing Hitman, but I stopped buying them a while ago when I bought one that was nothing but the same missions over again. That was a total waste of my money. I remember how the game actually made you do the things instead of just some cut scene when you sneak up on a person. You had to choke the guy and hide the body and take his clothes...all with no cut scene to get in the way.

I have enjoyed most of the COD games, but I didn't buy into that last crapsterpiece. I really liked BF2142 but that was the last BF game I will ever buy. They dropped the support on that game faster than than any other in history.

At this point, I am just waiting for Crysis to go on sale for like $2.99 so I can add the Living Legends Mech mod and play a decent game for a while. GTA4 is lame. JC2 was fun. I still make mods for it and have a decent time blowing crap up with my new creations. Even that gets old after a while.

Right now, the only thing keeping me going is TF2. I am thinking the only cure for my problem is to just build a cockpit and get DCS BlackShark. I could get lost in just the hardware setup in that game. I like building my own controls. That could be a fun adventure.

What games are you guys looking forward to? :confused:

Well I've been playing Starcraft 2, and the next game I'm looking forward to is Civ 5, followed by Fallout New Vegas. Maybe you should consider a non fps? Actually of all the games you listed, the only one I liked was TF2, though I haven't tried or looked into Just Cause 2 much. Battlefield 2 was the last one I played, waiting for BF3.

Mafia 2 also out soon, might get that. There's a host of games (like Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Natural Selection 2 and etc.), but those seem like further off next year, so not really looking at them yet.

Are you telling us you haven't played Bad Company 2? :eek:

No, and I never will. Not unless they release some massive patch for 2142 that makes that game playable. I'm sure it will be a cold day in hell.;)

It's not just you, they all suck.

Gaming went mainstream, now its all console trash, it will never be the same. It's all about autoaim, auto health regeneration, quick time events, one button one kill, press X not to die, collecting points and xp from kills to level up and get your online achievements.

:/

Although I'm not a fan of a lot of the crap that is spewed out these days, I think your problem is that video games aren't your thing. If there isn't a single game out there that entertains you, then you likely won't be entertained by any other game in the foreseeable future.

That on top of your refusal to even try certain games that currently are hits spells certain disappointment and I think you should probably be moving on to other hobbies. Like, building stuff.

To be honest... I agree with you.

I recently "donated" my gaming PC to a good cause, and am in need of a new one. However, with an Xbox 360 to keep me in check and no terribly interesting games beyond StarCraft II available now, I have almost zero motivation to start buying components for a new rig. I was replaying Prey at the time when I gave my PC up.

I'm going to pick up Braid for my 360, and might buy a PS3, seeing as how I own a friggin controller and two PS3 games despite not ever actually owning one of the consoles :p

With that being said, you owe it to yourself to at least TRY Crysis / Crysis Warhead, and you should definitely take a look at Bad Company 2.

Although I'm not a fan of a lot of the crap that is spewed out these days, I think your problem is that video games aren't your thing. If there isn't a single game out there that entertains you, then you likely won't be entertained by any other game in the foreseeable future.

That on top of your refusal to even try certain games that currently are hits spells certain disappointment and I think you should probably be moving on to other hobbies. Like, building stuff.

Kinda reminds me of my GF. Only played WoW. I would ask her every so often to try one of the other games I had, ps3, 360, pc, whatever. Never wanted to try them. She played fable II a bit but that was it.

So finally out of sheer boredom she started playing Dead Space, loves it. I had bought her TF2 a long time ago when it was on sale and she's picked that up a bit here and there but enjoys it for the most part.

I think a down-right hatred towards anything out there is a red flag. You probably won't be happy with ANYTHING.

^^^ THIS

Can't even help you if you're not willing to try things because... well, because you don't wanna.

There are lots of good games, even some great games, out there right now! Open your eyes man!!! ;)

Kinda reminds me of my GF. Only played WoW. I would ask her every so often to try one of the other games I had, ps3, 360, pc, whatever. Never wanted to try them. She played fable II a bit but that was it.

LOL my wife *only* plays wow. That's it. Plays it a ton, and I can't get her to touch another game.

LOL my wife *only* plays wow. That's it. Plays it a ton, and I can't get her to touch another game.

I just hope this has opened her up to trying other stuff. I know she would have fun with other games. It's not like she even does that much on WoW anymore. She has raids but they don't last that long ya know.

I think you guy's standards are slipping. I still have UT99 on my PC. I still play it as well. Plenty of Online matches available. My eyes are open. My money is going to DCS Black Shark and I will probably pic up Crysis and play through it and then install the Mechwarrior mod. I refuse to grind away in some MMORPG or continue to give money to companies that have burned me. Like they need a reward to do it again. I have a lot of games folks. I have only mentioned a few. I did the Red Faction:Guerrilla thing. I did FEAR. I have Batman AA for PS3 and Prototype and GT and all that crap too. Metal Gear is still in the cellophane.

You're starting to seem like you've fallen into the phase of an old school purist who sees nothing good in the way of gaming...

Baller, I think you're done with gaming. It's not up your alley anymore, that's all. Time to find a different hobby or lower the importance of gaming satisfaction in your life to casual enjoyment.

I think you guy's standards are slipping. I still have UT99 on my PC. I still play it as well. Plenty of Online matches available. My eyes are open. My money is going to DCS Black Shark and I will probably pic up Crysis and play through it and then install the Mechwarrior mod. I refuse to grind away in some MMORPG or continue to give money to companies that have burned me. Like they need a reward to do it again. I have a lot of games folks. I have only mentioned a few. I did the Red Faction:Guerrilla thing. I did FEAR. I have Batman AA for PS3 and Prototype and GT and all that crap too. Metal Gear is still in the cellophane.

There are a ton of great games out there. For all platforms. RF: Guerrilla and FEAR (while a good game) aren't really scratching the surface. And honestly Red Faction fails in a lot of areas.

Games like Batman AA and Uncharted, Infamous pick up the slack.

About 2 years ago I pretty much felt the same way as the OP. I didn't play anything except maybe a few flash or card games for at least 6 months. They one day out of the blue I got back into it again. Sometimes things go in cycles.

I've had the same thing happen before. The cure for me has been playing a different genre that I don't normally play. I think the last time this kind of lull took place I started playing Defense Grid: The Awakening, an awesome tower defense game. That got me started on Sol Survivor, and by that time, other games became fun and interesting again.

It happens to more people than you think. Just take a break, or mix it up and try a different genre that you normally wouldn't try.

"I am so bored. All these games suck."....

ThreadFail.jpg

I would suggest a new past time is you can't find anything worth playing. To me there is plenty of choice out there and so little time to play

I would suggest a new past time is you can't find anything worth playing. To me there is plenty of choice out there and so little time to play

That's my problem. I only play WoW and BFBC2 (both on PC) and invest my time heavily into just those 2. I don't even have enough time to try other games!

I did try Batman AA on the 360 and I didn't like it. I tried my hardest to love it but nope... no dice. Wolverine and Force Unleashed are the best games I've played on the 360. Can't wait until Force Unleashed 2.... *drool*

Take a break and find something else to do for awhile. I thought I'd game forever, however, I got bored, bought a boat and now do nothing but fish in my free time. Life is grand.

Seriously, if games are boring don't waste your time playing them and pick up another hobby. Learn to play an instrument, go fishing, ride a bike, brew some beer - those are mine but there are others out there.

With that said if you like fps games but refuse to play BC2 you are doing this yo yourself. It's the best shooter out at the moment - you owe it yourself to play it.

Well, let's see...there are some fantastic downloadable titles on XBLA and PSN. 'Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Cuboid, Deathspank, Braid, Limbo...you just have to look for them. I also VERY VERY highly recommend Trine...beautiful game, a lot of fun, and just the right amount of challenge-to-frustration ratio.

!!!WARNING INCOMING SELF-PROMOTION!!!

If you want games with reviews, here is a list of some games linked to their respective reviews on my website:

Greed: Black Border (excellent cross between Diablo and the Crusader series)
Limbo (very atmospheric puzzler)
Trine (absolutely beautiful sidescroller remniscent of The Lost Vikings)
Etrian Odyssey (old-school styled first-person dungeon crawler for the DS...I lost many, many hours to this series.)
Penumbra (super scary low budget FPS. Play in dark with headphones)
Robot City (Classic point-and-click adventure game from the mid-90's, with a storyline based on Asimov's Laws of Robotics)
Infinite Space (Strategy game for the DS. The interface takes some time to get used to, but this one is super addictive.)

There are many more that I've reviewed, if you want to check them out. Let me know if you want more suggestions...I always have some :)

BC2 is no replacement for 2142....

2142 is extremely overrated (bash all you want but this is my opinion).

I played it and didn't like it. BC2 on the other hand is addictive as hell and a awesome game!

2142 is extremely overrated (bash all you want but this is my opinion).

I played it and didn't like it. BC2 on the other hand is addictive as hell and a awesome game!

I agree. I put a few hours into BF2142 and got bored and gave up. Put a few more hours into BC2, though admittedly after a while I got bored of the same old map rotations and gave up on that too :p

I agree. I put a few hours into BF2142 and got bored and gave up. Put a few more hours into BC2, though admittedly after a while I got bored of the same old map rotations and gave up on that too :p

imo all the battlefield games are overrated, lol.

Ghostbuster: The Video Game. Really fun, and different then all you've mentioned.

You will be disapointed with Crysis. The graphics are pretty in a lot of ways, but the story is very dull. Based on what you've said, I doubt you'll like it.

You will be disapointed with Crysis. The graphics are pretty in a lot of ways, but the story is very dull. Based on what you've said, I doubt you'll like it.

I just got a i7-920 with dual GTX 480s SLIed, and can finally run Crysis at very high settings @ 2560x1600.

My thought by the time I got back out of the alien cave? That I can now clearly see what a turd this game was...

Once you can get beyond the whoop-de-do of the graphics done all the way, it leaves you bored. I have Warhead and haven't even played it yet, but after Crysis in its full glory, I'm not thrilled anymore for my first ride on Warhead, even though I know it'll look as good as it can get...

BC2 is clunky garbage compared to 1942.

No mention of Mass Effect anywhere in this thread. You played ME 1 & 2?

Back