I AM BORED

p3sty

2[H]4U
Rig in the sig best bang for the buck upgrade options? I was thinking mb since I cant really get it to oc well "options suk" but still is a good stable stock board.

Rig in the sig best bang for the buck upgrade options?

For what? Increased gaming performance? Video encoding performance? etc

Also, are you sure that you explored the Gigabyte's BIOs well? IT does have plenty of options to overclock.

I love that board, I can get to 4.0GHz+ with it....why the issues? Post in the OC subsection for some help. You should be able to hit at least 400FSB without additional cooling or voltage on the northbridge.

As for upgrades, maybe a faster hard drive? Not much to do now but wait and see what new GPUs come out before the holidays.

If you must, grab a nice P45 board. But that board should be good for 450FSB which is good for 4GHZ on your 8400 provided you have decent cooling.

the gigabyte board is a very decent overclocker.

if you are truly bored then you should go read up on how others with the same motherboard were able to overclock thier cpu's successfully.

The DS3R is a great OC'er... it took my E6750 to 4Ghz! The max FSB I could reach on mine was 531Mhz. :) As someone above mentioned, going above 400-425Mhz will require additional cooling on the NB heatsink.

Back