Hyundai Reveals Smart Fingerprint Technology to Unlock and Start Cars

My car has the ability for two different key fobs that have a his/her settings if you will. Also on the door is a three memory option. This adjusts the seat, steering wheel, and I believe the mirrors.

Yes, thats a different system than the one I posted about, but does yours not operate like this one?

Operates like that but putting the key in does nothing. It won't turn. Apparently they fixed it in 2012, but the 2011 version sucks.

th1RI1MAFC.jpg

It's like having an Uber in your pocket.

And you just know it will keep failing until you get your finger in the absolute correct position, unless they reduce the point count for convenience, (others can fudge their own way in). I hate finger print tech, pretty much all biometrics are a huge pita. Stick with my key with non key self powered induction loop chip thanks.

So instead of them breaking in to steal your fob or use signal repeaters they'll kidnap you instead. Nice. Just because you can doesn't mean tech implementation is not a dumb idea.

This system is stupid for many reasons. Still better than the one that allows you to start the vehicle with a screwdriver though...

Back