HyperX Heatspreader TIMs (insulators?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by computerpro3
I can understand that perfectly, but just be aware that the way that the question about XS (www.xtremesystems.org/forums) came accross was a negative one, almost disparagingly towards XS. Mabe you didn't intend that, but thats how it sounded to me, and judging from the responses, most of the others as well. You DID mean, however, for this to come accross just as it did, and this was stupid.

Aren't we the hotshot.........NOT LOL

And for the most part, they ARE the final word in overclocking. Pretty much everyone will acknowledge that.

One thing no one that has responded to my remark "Aren't we the hotshot" has brought up is his reply that generated it in the first place. Hmmmm, why's that? Buddy, understand that a computer is a shitty device to communicate with other people. If you don't know that you should. It's pretty easy to communicate something and have it taken with a whole different flavor than you intended. That's why at work when I send an important intraoffice letter I usually read it several times for content before I hit the "send"so I can try my best to make sure it's going to be taken the way I meant it. I don't and assume most don't do that same thing here because of the less serious nature of this forum and the time that's involved. As far as XS being the final word in overclocking by everyone, wouldn't that involve like polling a statistically correct population size and evaluating the results or would that make me "stupid" for suggesting such a thing?:D

no it wouldn't make you stupid, but it would be stupid to expend that energy when the results are already so clear:D

Originally posted by computerpro3
no it wouldn't make you stupid, but it would be stupid to expend that energy when the results are already so clear:D

It's tough to dicuss with those that are immature and defy logic:rolleyes:

i concur, and from the looks of it (other peoples comments to you) they are finding it the same.:rolleyes:

My logic makes perfect sense. I am saying that it would be stupid to conduct a poll when the results would be obvious. For example, I propose a poll.....

Do the majority of people posting on this forum like computers?

What do you think the majority answer would be? Surely you can guess...But if you insist, lets start a poll...all are invited to participate...

Which forum would you go to for definitive answers on extreme overclocking?

Anandtech
XtremeSystems
[H]ard OCP
Sharky Extreme
Toms:p

I would really appreciate it if you could enlighten me to how I "defy logic"? I would really like to know. Maybe you could poll a statistically correct population on the matter? Or maybe you could flame this thread some more. Or maybe, you could make more posts that are not backed up by any kind of proof whatsoever. I

Also, how am I immature? After all, you are the one that has made the hotshot comment.

My vote is for Xtreme. I love [H]ardforums...it's my home forum. But no matter how you look at it, when I posted a thread here about vmodding, it got no responses. I posted it verbatim at Xtremesystems, it got 20+. Do me a favor, visit xtremesystems. Just once. You will see what I am talking about. Hell, there was a topic here some time ago that had people wanting to add a vmodding section at [H]ardforums...that got canned. You know why? Because the general agreement was that it would wind up as a big link to Xtremesystems section. XS has threads with over 1000 views and 320 posts about single vmods. None of the other forums above do...the only one I can even think about that is remotley close (I may be forgetting some, remind me if I am) is thecrucible.ca and that is not even close to the size of XS.

Hey, something just dawned on me while typing up this big post...

It's damn hard to discuss something with someone that has hardly even heard of what he's discussing about.:rolleyes:

md...

You've been a member of this forum since July '03?

Wouldn't be a post-count whore by any chance? The

"nature" of your posting seems to prove so.

Originally posted by popcicle
md...

You've been a member of this forum since July '03?

Wouldn't be a post-count whore by any chance? The

"nature" of your posting seems to prove so.

LOL, hey popsicle you've been a member since May, 2001. By the looks of your count at 194 you wouldn't happen to be a posting retard would you?............I had to do it:D

Originally posted by md262626
Interesting timing. [Hard]ocp lists this review today regarding Kingston PC4000 memory. The reviewer even thinks Kingston's heatsinks do a good job removing heat from the memory:

http://www.1sweetpc.com/reviews/memory/hyperx.php

Looks like I'm not the only one. Here's a newsflash for you as well. Don't take people disagreeing with you as getting flamed.
I don't know you, why do you give yourself enough credit to be able to predict my motivation for commenting on your post. That's rather arrogant don't you think? I simply found your post to contain in my judgement some flawed thinking. Notice I said in my judgement. I don't pretend to be an authority on anything. Just a fellow [H]ard forum member like yourself.
rofl... as soon as some random guy doing a review just says he thinks they do a good job, its fact, but when arDAWG actually gets a better oc out of this, it cant possibly be true? Arent you supposed to be questioning this or something? Furthermore, why do you care about postcount? You think it actually means something? Macci has a postcount of.. 0.. youd call him a noob wouldnt you? He knows more than you could ever hope to. JCViggen used to post here, but he has since quit, because of people like you who dont discuss, but you argue against things for no reason. I must also vouch for XS.. its a whole different ballgame over there. Here, I help random people fix things, decide what card to buy. Over there, Im usually the one asking questions, and rarely can I help. You're posting crap, that is repetitive, circular reasoning. It cant be bad because kingston engineers wouldnt make it bad because it cant be bad. Heatspreaders dont do one bit of good.. maybe short of protecting the stick, yet I have seen multiple people getting higher ocs by removing these. This couldnt mean a thing, because hey, youre an engineer, and the people at kingston are designing the best heatspreaders for RAM, which doesnt actually produce that much heat, god forbid they put them on there to attract people who dont know theyre useless, because no big american company would ever, ever do that. But you can rest with your warranty, just in case your sticks suddenly die at rated speed, with rated voltage. Ill give it 50 years.

LOL, hey popsicle you've been a member since May, 2001. By the looks of your count at 194 you wouldn't happen to be a posting retard would you?............I had to do it:D
that makes sense.. really :confused:

Originally posted by sKiTz0
rofl... as soon as some random guy doing a review just says he thinks they do a good job, its fact, but when arDAWG actually gets a better oc out of this, it cant possibly be true? Arent you supposed to be questioning this or something? Furthermore, why do you care about postcount? You think it actually means something? Macci has a postcount of.. 0.. youd call him a noob wouldnt you? He knows more than you could ever hope to. JCViggen used to post here, but he has since quit, because of people like you who dont discuss, but you argue against things for no reason. I must also vouch for XS.. its a whole different ballgame over there. Here, I help random people fix things, decide what card to buy. Over there, Im usually the one asking questions, and rarely can I help. You're posting crap, that is repetitive, circular reasoning. It cant be bad because kingston engineers wouldnt make it bad because it cant be bad. Heatspreaders dont do one bit of good.. maybe short of protecting the stick, yet I have seen multiple people getting higher ocs by removing these. This couldnt mean a thing, because hey, youre an engineer, and the people at kingston are designing the best heatspreaders for RAM, which doesnt actually produce that much heat, god forbid they put them on there to attract people who dont know theyre useless, because no big american company would ever, ever do that. But you can rest with your warranty, just in case your sticks suddenly die at rated speed, with rated voltage. Ill give it 50 years.

lmao amen brotha!

Originally posted by sKiTz0
This couldnt mean a thing, because hey, youre an engineer, and the people at kingston are designing the best heatspreaders for RAM, which doesnt actually produce that much heat, god forbid they put them on there to attract people who dont know theyre useless, because no big american company would ever, ever do that. But you can rest with your warranty, just in case your sticks suddenly die at rated speed, with rated voltage. Ill give it 50 years.

Just a note: Kingston did not design the heatspreaders, there are other companies that do that- namely companies that produce heatsinks and other thermal devices. So pretty much every heatspreader out there is probably nearly identical, they have to be in order to fit the DDR stick specs.

Originally posted by zer0signal667
Just a note: Kingston did not design the heatspreaders, there are other companies that do that- namely companies that produce heatsinks and other thermal devices. So pretty much every heatspreader out there is probably nearly identical, they have to be in order to fit the DDR stick specs.
objection! irrelevant. :D

Well not to get in a tangent on defending my post count or title here (or elsewhere), but mine is as it is b/c I actually have posted @ several forums (amdmb, VRZone, Abit, etc). I enjoy frequenting different forums b/c you meet a wider range of ppl/ opinions. XTreme is great to find info on VMods, etc & it is as the name suggests EXtreme!!! ;)
In regards to the heatspreader issue, maybe the companies should just leave them off, let us of the opinion that they do no good (or do harm) save a few $'s per stick. Those who are hs afficionados could simply spend the extra $10 or so and install the kit from T'Take...as they offer both alum. and CU. The copper heatspreaders actually look pretty damn good, but from my understanding copper does a poorer job of thermal transfer than aluminum if there's little or no airflow (feel free to correct me if I'm off base on this...;). The coolermaster invidual sinks, that I linked above, look really k001, if nothing else.
I should also add, that once I installed the T'Take ddr heatspreader kit w/ the 40mm fan on a 512 stick of Crucial pc2700. The stick started yielding errors in MemTest & eventually would refuse to post. I thought the stick was toast, but when I removed the hs kit, the Crucial was fine. My bro (Weapon) has the same experience w/ 2 256mb stick of Crucial pc2100 (when it was the best thing going) & the TTake kit. The kits, in all instances, were installed according to instructions and still were causing problems w/ the Crucial. Idk if they shorted something out or what, but I do know that Crucial sticks do not like TTake heatspreaders... It was from these experiences that led me down the pathway to my heretical thinking in terms of the point (or lackthereof) of heatspreaders on ddr. ;)

you guys are so idiotic... even if you thought what weap and his bro are saying is faulty why dont you just say o im not sure about that or something instead of attempting to blast apart anything theyve ever done... emphasis on the trying since you have obviously not succeeded.... just felt like saying you are a gay bunch of losers who need to get a life and a girl friend instead of wanking in front of the computer all day

Apparently no one wishes to discuss heatspreaders anymore, so I guess we've said all that can be said on the matter... :p

Originally posted by HardOcpSucks
you guys are so idiotic... even if you thought what weap and his bro are saying is faulty why dont you just say o im not sure about that or something instead of attempting to blast apart anything theyve ever done... emphasis on the trying since you have obviously not succeeded.... just felt like saying you are a gay bunch of losers who need to get a life and a girl friend instead of wanking in front of the computer all day

LOL, that's really intelligent and added greatly to the discussion :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HardOcpSucks
just felt like saying you are a gay bunch of losers who need to get a life and a girl friend instead of wanking in front of the computer all day

LOL at this f*cktard...what a loser. First of all, I have a girlfriend and have had many and don't need to wank in front of the computer like him to get my thrills, and if he had thought about something for a minute before posting he would have realized that he came across this forum somehow...and it sure wasn't while he was out and about with his girl, it was while he was in front of his computer (most likely wishing he had a life)....LOL at him and his logic.

edit: Great job once again mods...way to move very quickly on this troll. Keep up the great work.

Hmmm noob,

see, this is the type of attitude that doesn't fly over at XS. md, i see your posts constantly here at [h], and the respect you have towards other members isn't very high, from what i can see.

a member, does some tests between no heatspreaders, and heatspreaders, and noticed a difference. you disagree with his results and that his reasoning is flawed. why?

obviously, something isn't doing it's job efficiently with the heatspreaders. laws in thermodynamics would state that heatspreaders in optimal conditions will help, but the insulator or conductor (the TIM) is causing an inefficiency.

and it's not just 2 people that he states have done this. i've read many users doing this at various forums and getting gains in overclockability.

this is the Overclocking & Cooling forum. [H] should be [H]ard, but it's more {S}oft because of many people like you unwilling to accept the results others have, that go against the manufacturer, and do anything to get more speed from hardware. If you really wanted to keep your warranty, you'd keep your components at stock speeds, untouched from the manufacturer, and have them installed by a certified professional. how fun is that? you overclock, you lose your warranty, even if you dont remove the heatspreaders.

Originally posted by Stang Man
see, this is the type of attitude that doesn't fly over at XS. md, i see your posts constantly here at [h], and the respect you have towards other members isn't very high, from what i can see.

this is the Overclocking & Cooling forum. [H] should be [H]ard, but it's more {S}oft because of many people like you unwilling to accept the results others have, that go against the manufacturer, and do anything to get more speed from hardware. If you really wanted to keep your warranty, you'd keep your components at stock speeds, untouched from the manufacturer, and have them installed by a certified professional. how fun is that? you overclock, you lose your warranty, even if you dont remove the heatspreaders.

quoted for absolute truth; its what I've been trying to say. You just managed to do it a lot more eloquently:p .

They may be using the thick reinforced TIMs because they are worried about the stick warping over time under stress. thick tims are a bit more fogiving and wont loose contact. That was the reasoning behind tyan using the same sort of TIM on their G9700pro i had. IIRC corsair just uses a piece of doublestick tape kinda stuff, very thin very strong.

They may just be using the thick stuff because its cheap. This is a company, they are in it for $$$. If they can reach their ratings consistently with 5cents worth of rubber times rather than 10cents of higher quality material.... you know what they are going to pick. not pretty, not bad, real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back