Hyperloop One Had Its First Full-System Test

monkeymagick

[H]News
On May 12th, Hyperloop One completed the first full system test of its hyperloop technology in a vacuum. The company released a video showing its successful test. The hyperloop vehicle reached speeds of 70mph pulling in 2G's along the first-portion of the Nevada test track much longer than the open-air test last year which lasted about two seconds . The 28 feet long pod is built with structural aluminum and carbon fiber uses electromagnetic propulsion and mag-lev technology.

Check out the video with a congratulatory bottle.

In October, Hyperloop One began construction of its 500-meter-long "DevLoop" test track, which became operational last April. The company says it will continue to run tests at DevLoop in the coming months to "validate its next-generation components and software." The next phase of testing will showcase the Pod gliding along a longer track at faster speeds.

Last edited:
"Hyperloop One, previously known as Hyperloop Technologies,[2] is a company in Los Angeles, California, that is working to commercialize the Hyperloop for moving passengers and/or cargo at airline speeds at a fraction of the cost of air travel. The concept of Hyperloop transportation was introduced and named by Elon Musk in August 2013, although he is not involved with Hyperloop One." Source

Because I didn't know this was a thing. Maybe someone else won't either.

yay! They managed to move a cart 70mph over what, 100 feet? in a tube where they pulled air out of it? Hurray for accomplishments?

Have they actually built any scale model version of this to see how absolutely batshit insane it would be to vacuum out 100s of miles of tubing that is 10+ feet in diameter?

And damnit, but those "owners" of the product look like schwarmy venture capitalists that are just trying to pimp a product before dumping it on the unsuspecting public... "Monorail, monorail, monorail"

Reactions: bbf
like this
"The concept of Hyperloop transportation was introduced...by Elon Musk"

He must have been really progressive all the way back in the 50's.

LOL... wow

i had to watch it twice because the first time i thought i had missed something with all the high fives going on, only to realize.. NO, infact i had not

the daily logistics of such a system tell you just how improbable such a system is.

Back