Hyper 212+ with SP120

nertil1

Limp Gawd
Just wanted to know you guys' experience if anyone has done this. I plan on putting two high performance sp120 on the hyper 212+ with push pull config. I'm taking the fan that come with the 212+ and putting it in the back.

I plan on doing some overclocking but not at first so I'll be using the voltage regulators that come with the fans.

As far as noise, I'm not really too concerned even at full speed. Plus I have the fractal r4 which should minimize the noise.

I used the stock fan (Blademaster) and bought a 2nd one for push/pull. It seemed to knock a few degrees off of the temps, but I got a PWM splitter and let the board control speed.

212+ is a great bang/buck cooler. $20AR is a pretty normal price. I think the 212 Evo is $25 AR now...different fan and base.

I used the stock fan (Blademaster) and bought a 2nd one for push/pull. It seemed to knock a few degrees off of the temps, but I got a PWM splitter and let the board control speed.

212+ is a great bang/buck cooler. $20AR is a pretty normal price. I think the 212 Evo is $25 AR now...different fan and base.

Yeah I'm gonna see how the SP120 do with it first. I'll go full speed and run Prime95 then back them down to 7V and watch temperature. That's what I got it for based on the reviews, $20 from newegg.

So I just installed the 212+. Is it normal for the heat sink to move just a little bit? I've tightened down the 4 screws but I can still nudge it a bit by hand. Just wondering if this was normal.

well i have R4 and hyper 212+ i have to say it is still very loud how is your experience with SP120 with hyper 212+?

well i have R4 and hyper 212+ i have to say it is still very loud how is your experience with SP120 with hyper 212+?

Mine's pretty quiet. I am not overclocking currently so what I have done is shut off the pull fan on the hyper 212 and the back fan on the case. They only come on during high load and I have done the same for the bottom fan that I installed. The stock fan that came with the case is always running at 5v with the fan controller.

When the fans ramp up, it does get a little load but thats when I'm typically playing games and can't hear them.

well turns out my sp120 is defective have weird noise come out of it after 2hr running so i return it and got the Fractal Design Silent Series R2 FD-FAN-SSR2-120 it is so quite even on full speed and i can barely hear it with only half of the price of sp120 it moves more air and more quite than sp120 just lost 0.22 on air pressure, SP120 have 1.29 and Fractal Design R2 have 1.07 but temp shows everything is alright.

Back