• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hybrid PhysX with R9 ?

They have been having some success over at with it in some games.

It still annoys me that they put a greed only driver block in that prevented me from using my 9800GT for PhysX with my 4870 for rendering. That greed only related block may be why I still am not buying Nv cards that I originally stopped buying over the greed only block of SLI on Core2 Intel chip sets.

edit. LOL, Apparently you can not link or even put that websites name here on [H]. I guess they are banned. I PMed the info to OP. Use it or don't. I don't know, or at least don't remember why they are banned.
 
Last edited:
I had no problems running hybrid PhysX with my 7950 CF, I will try and get it working tonight with my 290's. I have a 9800GT that should be able to do it. I think the key is finding the right Nvidia PhysX driver as I know they disabled the functionality at one point if AMD drivers were detected.
 
Update: I would not try this. Having the Nvidia GPU in the system (driver have been installed the entire time I've had the 290's) broke the AMD driver, only display I could get out of it in windows was the cursor. Removing and re-installing the drivers did not help, I think I'm going to have to wipe the windows installation to get the cards to display again.
 
Is that just with 290's? Or jwith the latest AMD drivers?

I recently got a 7990 after using nVidia for years, and miss hardware enabled physics. I wanted to go with a hybrid setup but if the new drivers will break it, I wont waste my money on a GPU

thanks
 
I'd assume the cause is the drivers, but I don't have any older AMD cards to try it with.
 
I have the latest AMD drivers x-fire 7970s and a gt430/gtx260 with older nvidia drivers works fine:D on metro LL Borderlands 2 batman 2,
 
I only update psyx when steam pushes it through then run hybridize. so far so good best of bolth worlds direct compute and psyx.
 
I dont think you can its a NVIDIA GPU only thing now i believe.... cause their drivers
 
Update: I would not try this. Having the Nvidia GPU in the system (driver have been installed the entire time I've had the 290's) broke the AMD driver, only display I could get out of it in windows was the cursor. Removing and re-installing the drivers did not help, I think I'm going to have to wipe the windows installation to get the cards to display again.

I have a computer using a 7970 that's had a 650ti as a secondary gpu for over a year now and never had any issues. I find it hard to believe that nvidia and amd drivers couldn't exist on the same system in 2013, soon to be 2014. Windows 98 or even XP pre SP3 I could believe it, but I think it's weird people have problems with this. It'd be like having 2 different network cards and saying it causes driver issues.
 
I have been running R9 290 + 680 Physx.
Windows 8.1 Pro
13.12 AMD Driver
314.22 Nvidia driver.

Follow directions for each game to have GPU Physx

I uninstalled all drivers in safe mode with DDU.

Run PreHybrd Physx

Installed AMD Driver-reboot
Install Nvidia Driver -reboot

Run Hybridiz

Games work fine except any game with Physx 3.0

Demo run Fluid Mark
w7l4.jpg



GPU-Z Screen
eixt.jpg
 
Back
Top