HWBOT World Tour at 7GHz

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett HardOCP MasterChef Editor Staff Member

While overclocking with liquid nitrogen does little to impact the actual everyday enthusiast's desktop experience, it is surely fun to see. The HWBOT World Tour recently stopped by CES last week and they were nice enough to share some event photos with us as well as results. As you know, a little LN2 can go a long ways, and last week it went far enough to push Intel's Core i7-7700K to a very cool 7.026GHz.

You can read up on our 7700K Instruction Per Clock Preview that compares it to the previous Skylake architecture at comparable clocks. Also worth mentioning is that we are putting the final touches on a 7700K Kaby Lake vs 2600K Sandy Bridge IPC review.

2. Sailindawg

Sailindawg [H]Lite

LN2 is always fun, but thanks for the upcoming Lake vs Sandy Bridge review. Still kicking my SB that was purchased when they first came out, what 5 years ago. Quite amazed by that cpu. Aside from storage options, I haven't seen a real reason to buy a new cpu. Looking forward to your review.

CaptNumbNutz and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  3. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett HardOCP MasterChef Editor Staff Member

Just found this 8GHz from 5 years ago with AMD. :)

4. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz Bulls[H]it Master

INB4 all the haters asking "Why?" and talking about how its not practical.

5. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney [H]ard|Gawd

Any man who asks "Why freeze that?" is not the sort of friend you want.

You marry people who tell you not to do stupid things. You hang out with people who will laugh with (at) you while you wait for the ambulance.

6. Insula Gilliganis

Insula Gilliganis [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]

7. SonicTron

SonicTron [H]ardness Supreme

I love it how sandy bridge is still relevant and worth testing against a full SIX YEARS LATER.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.