Hutzy XS — Ultra Compact Gaming Case (<4L)

I would have to agree with QuantumBraced as heat and noise would be big issues. It does not make too much sense to make this standard decently available for the DIY market. ITX sized gpus already run decently hot and run somewhat noisy, so MXM desktop graphics cards does not sound all too practical and cost effective.

I think the SFF community should strive more towards pushing for more ITX gpus especially a GTX 1080. Not that many buy the TI, but I am sure that quite a few DIY ers would pounce at the idea of a 4-5L system if an ITX version of GTX 1080 level gpus were to be released to the market.

Hopefully, Hahutzy's project may interest and push for more 500w Flex-ATX psus. Honestly, other than maybe graphic/video encoding, virtualization work, overclocking is becoming more and more for just bragging rights. A under-volted stock 4.0 GHz i7 6700K is already plenty powerful enough for gaming.

the reason is always sale
there's little to no market in super SFF, that's why
we should be grateful ITX thrives strongly lately and they even gave us ITX 1060/1070
the amount of ppl who wants to build super small beasts is insignificant in their eyes, our only choice is to wait
couple years back there aren't even ITX cards, look where we are today

the reason is always sale
there's little to no market in super SFF, that's why
we should be grateful ITX thrives strongly lately and they even gave us ITX 1060/1070
the amount of ppl who wants to build super small beasts is insignificant in their eyes, our only choice is to wait
couple years back there aren't even ITX cards, look where we are today
High-end ITX cards started with ASUS' DirectCU Mini GTX 670. Other companies followed suit, and it became a trend spanning (so far) three gpu generations. AMD saw fit to compete in that space with the nano. There's obviously a market for it, because they wouldn't keep releasing the same itx designs if they didn't sell well the previous time, and it would stand to reason that people specifically buying itx (x)x70s are only doing so because they can't have better yet. The first company to release an itx xx80 is going to be very successful with it (assuming they do it right) and it'll become a trend just like the DirectCU Mini started for the (x)x70s.

I think that the GTX 1080 is possible, but with probably limited overclocking. It may be only possible to just have reference GTX 1080 clock speeds, which I honestly would not mind.

Reactions: Boil
like this
I agree that there is definitely a rapidly growing SFF market. I think more and more people are realizing that ITX is a zero compromise solution unless you are in the minuscule minority that wants to go SLI/Crossfire. Heck, you can even go X99 now, courtesy of ASRock who deserves an ocean of credit for their awesome board (proud owner here). I'd bet that at least 90% of consumer machines out there could be shrunk to ITX with zero sacrifice. You could build a small town with all the unused PCIe slots sitting in machines around the world. External DACs are superior to internal sound cards and have been the choice of audiophiles for a while, and that's the only expansion other than a graphics card that anyone might want to put in their PC anymore. And the SLI/Crossfire trend is in decline, as we've seen with the GeForce 10 series. So I think it's only a matter of time before we see a short 1080. It's clearly a thermal issue... An MXM card is less than half the size of an ITX graphics card! So it's not PCB real estate. You could probably fit a Titan X in less than the size of an R9 Nano. You'd just have to cool it. 1080 would definitely work. A desktop MXM 980 works in laptops, only cooled by a few heat pipes and a small fan running at an obscene RPM. So you could have a moderately loud ITX 1080, or a loud 1080 with a bit of an overclock. I think that would be more than reasonable for a 4L case.

Now, I don't completely agree that overclocking is overrated as we've seen expressed in SFF forums. I have a 6800K in ASRock's X99 board, overclocked to 4.2GHz (from a 3.4GHz stock) with a 120mm AIO, that I will be putting in an NCase M1. I also have a FE 1070 with a slight OC, and I wouldn't swap it for a short one. My system is expensive and I'm willing to trade a extra few liters for the ability to push it to its full potential and have it run quietly. However, for some people the tradeoff may not be worth it. I think it's fair to say, very few people are that space constrained that they need to get Hutzy's case over an NCase M1 because they don't have enough space on their desks. That being said, Hutzy's case is ideal for people who travel, who move their PC around a lot and take it to different places e.g. LAN parties, and also for people who want to build a budget/low-power system that doesn't require much cooling. So it is a very real and practical use case. Also, for some people noise is not a big consideration at all, or not as big as size. Heck, I know people who own and use white noise machines... Some people like fan noise. Honestly, I see the Hutzy case competing with gaming laptops more than it does with desktops. You can fit a ton more power for a fraction of the cost, and if an ITX 1080 existed you could fit all the available consumer desktop power in 4L, cool it better than any laptop could, and comfortably throw it in a backpack. That's what makes this such a revolutionary and industry-shifting product. Again, I'd love to see some kind of a superslim 17" external monitor+keyboard combo, like a laptop but without the computer part, then I think a 4L case would really give gaming laptops a run for their money.

I've derailed the conversation here a little, I apologize. Thanks for indulging me in a bit of SFF philosophy.

Hey guys, been a slow couple of weeks as I'm still waiting for PCIE cables to come in for me to test.
I skimmed through some of the high-level talks that went on. Very cool to hear the perspectives from different voices.

re: MXM
There's no demand to push for MXM until Intel introduces a mobo form factor smaller than mITX and supports add-in GPU. Considering the direction they took with mSTX, this will most likely never happen

re: SFF market
I think it's growing. As far as I see it, the laptop market is being eaten up by the phone/tablet market for consumers, leaving an increasing gap to fill for mobile prosumer/power user solutions

Now a little design update, mostly done to improve the usability for end-users:

- Removed as much of the 3D printed parts as possible. They were good, but felt too "bits and pieces". Instead I'm trying to make the middle board 1-piece.
- Moved the PCIE slot lower so that more tall cards will be compatible in the future. Exact height is to be determined after I test the PCIE ribbons coming in
- Moved the power button up, so it no longer interlocks with the middleboard
- Added more vent holes to the back of the chassis to promote pushing air out the back

idhQJdRm.jpg
eZ74ui9m.jpg

Reactions: eggDK
like this
Considering Nvidia just announced 1080, 1070, and 1060 mxm cards, I'd say things are looking promising for mxm. While that seems somewhat irrelevant for this case, I think it has good implications for itx gpus. Maybe we'll see a short 1080. I like the changes, especially moving the gpu down a bit considering the height of gigabyte's itx 1070.

like this
Any testing done on M.2 SSD temps…? SATA III and/or NVMe versions…?

Worst case (synthetic) scenario with both CPU & GPU at full load…?

Also curious as to the same with the dust filters installed on each side…

Looking forward to reports on thermals & performance & all that good stuff…!

And any headway on the PCIe riser cable hunt…?

I could swear I read something in the PCIe riser cable thread about LiHeat offering custom length shielded PCIe 3.0 x16 capable cables…?

I dunno, I need to go to sleep…!

Last edited:
My first inclination when I saw this case was to automatically dismiss it because of the power supply and short GPU requirements, but this case is just so smexy that I had to keep reading about it. The more I look at this case, the more I think about how I usually use headphones whenever I am stressing my machine, and how I probably won't ever make the jump from the GTX x70 cards to the GTX x80 cards, so there really is no more reason for me to go with full sized components anymore.

Hahutzy, you sir are a genius!

Questions:
how will the filters be attached?
will we be able to use our own filters? (I have really been pleased with the demci filters on my M1)

My first inclination when I saw this case was to automatically dismiss it because of the power supply and short GPU requirements, but this case is just so smexy that I had to keep reading about it. The more I look at this case, the more I think about how I usually use headphones whenever I am stressing my machine, and how I probably won't ever make the jump from the GTX x70 cards to the GTX x80 cards, so there really is no more reason for me to go with full sized components anymore.

Hahutzy, you sir are a genius!

Questions:
how will the filters be attached?
will we be able to use our own filters? (I have really been pleased with the demci filters on my M1)

Thanks! The PSU noise issue should be alleviated with the FSP 500W and hardware being more efficient between generations. So it'll only get better :)

The filters I tried were taped on the back.
I can't recommend using filters currently, because my testing showed a 10 degrees C delta at load between having filters and not having filters.
But if that doesn't deter you, the vent area was designed to fit the deciflex 140mm perfectly.

Last edited:
Thanks! The PSU noise issue should be alleviated with the FSP 500W and hardware being more efficient between generations. So it'll only get better :)

The filters I tried were taped on the back.
I can't recommend using filters currently, because my testing showed a 10 degrees C delta at load between having filters and not having filters.
But if that doesn't deter you, the vent area was designed to fit the deciflex 140mm perfectly.

Filters are nice, but this chassis is SO small that it would probably take more time removing & replacing the outer housing than actually blowing the dust out with a can of, well, canned air…!

Although, the filters DO hide the "look at this 'coffee & cream' aka two shades of baby poop brown fan on my Noctua NH-L9i"…!

Maybe some judicious application of paint to the offending fan…? Anyone have any real success with 'fixing' the color palette on their 'traditionally colored' Noctua fan(s)…?!?

Anyone have any real success with 'fixing' the color palette on their 'traditionally colored' Noctua fan(s)…?!?

Project Orthrus' maker LukeD uses a Noctua NH-L9i and replaces the fan with a Scythe Kaze Jyu Slim 100mm -- a 100mm fan that has mount holes for the 92mm. It's all black.

Oh also re: M.2, no I haven't tested it yet. I'm both waiting for PCIE cables to come in, and waiting for SM961 / 960 Pro to be available where I am.
Imo SM951 and 950 Pro weren't thermally designed properly in the context of mini-ITX's behind-the-board socket.

like this
Project Orthrus' maker LukeD uses a Noctua NH-L9i and replaces the fan with a Scythe Kaze Jyu Slim 100mm -- a 100mm fan that has mount holes for the 92mm. It's all black.

OH…!

I will have to look for that one…!

LOL, I do remember reading in that thread that he had replaced the fan, but the part that stuck with me is that he replaced it because he offed up the stock Noctua 92mm slim fan whilst trying to, wait for it, paint it black…!

Oh also re: M.2, no I haven't tested it yet. I'm both waiting for PCIE cables to come in, and waiting for SM961 / 960 Pro to be available where I am.
Imo SM951 and 950 Pro weren't thermally designed properly in the context of mini-ITX's behind-the-board socket.

Samsung 950 Pro is that Good Good NVMe action…

I would test that and a 'standard' Samsung 850 Evo SATA III M.2 SSD…

With the extremely compactness of this chassis, keeping it to a quality M.2 SSD helps eliminate one more cable run…!

Any news towards Proto #2…? ;^p

Alrighty…

LukeD must be using the 2000rpm model, as the 1000rpm model has some shitty reviews…

(paraphrasing) "Moves virtually zero air"

But the 2000rpm model has about 0.5 cf/m less air movement than the NF-A9x14, and covers those extra 8mm…!

Wonder if this would fit in the bottom of the MI-6 chassis…?!?

Gonna have to do some cross-posting here…

Another interesting review on the 2000rpm model has the user pulling the shroud on his GPU and strapping said model to the GPU heat sink…

Interesting; matching fans for each side of the chassis…?!?

Now I DO have to cross post & mention the thought I had in the MI-6 chassis thread…

Brackets that install to the inner shell of the chassis, with ducting to the side vents (for a perfect seal to only allow air IN thru the side venting), each fan is attached to the appropriate fan header, be it CPU or GPU… The fans are blowing directly onto the naked heat sinks of the respective devices, creating nothing but positive pressure, FORCING all the air to exit the top venting on the chassis…!

Stink about it…

Last edited:
The problem with (rigid) ducting is that different mobos have the CPU located differently, and GPUs also locate their fans differently.

Also GPUs like the Gigabyte 970 and 1070 have horizontal fins, so they actually vent out the back (and front, but not much so for Hutzy XS and MI-6)

How tall is that all together? I was thinking about that for the A4 SFX :)

[dickmode]

Let me google that for you

Hint: The fan in question is 2mm slimmer than the already slim Noctua NF-A9x14 it replaces in the above example…

[/dickmode]

Well, yeah..sorry! I just moved, and can only acces internet from a crappy phone, where even googling things is a pita..
But thanks anyway :)

like this
Well, yeah..sorry! I just moved, and can only acces internet from a crappy phone, where even googling things is a pita..
But thanks anyway :)

Fair enough…

The Noctua NH-L9i comes in at 37mm total height, including the NF-A9x14 fan (which is 14mm thick)…

The Scythe Kaze Jyu Slim 100mm fan is 12mm thick; so the combination the NH-L9i heat sink & the Scythe fan would come in at 35mm total package height…

The limit for a HSF (aka - CPU cooler) in the A4-SFX is 47mm in height…

Now, the Cryorig C7 IS 47mm tall, and is supposed to edge out the Noctua NH-L9x65 in overall performance…

The aforementioned unit is the same Noctua fan on a taller heat sink (too tall for the A4-SFX, BTW)…

If I were getting into an A4-SFX, I would lean towards the C7, but that is just me…

Last edited:
Reactions: Jspr
like this
How awesome would it be if there was a 13-14" cheap Chromebook with an HDMI in, so you could connect a Hutzy XS machine to it. And somehow send the keyboard and trackpad signal thru as well. Kind of like a reverse Razer Core. Doesn't even have to be HDMI, could be USB Type-C. Why there isn't a single laptop with a video in, I have no idea. It would be so useful, you could use it as a primary or a secondary screen. Someone should do it.

How awesome would it be if there was a 13-14" cheap Chromebook with an HDMI in, so you could connect a Hutzy XS machine to it. And somehow send the keyboard and trackpad signal thru as well. Kind of like a reverse Razer Core. Doesn't even have to be HDMI, could be USB Type-C. Why there isn't a single laptop with a video in, I have no idea. It would be so useful, you could use it as a primary or a secondary screen. Someone should do it.

How about this? Doesn't even need HDMI, just a single USB connector. Not sure whether the display would be handled by the dedicated GPU or the iGPU, though, I don't know enough about DisplayLink.

How about this? Doesn't even need HDMI, just a single USB connector. Not sure whether the display would be handled by the dedicated GPU or the iGPU, though, I don't know enough about DisplayLink.

Whoaa, this is exactly what I've been dreaming about! (some dream, others actually do it). I've been trying to cobble together a solution with an external portable monitor and a foldable bluetooth keyboard. There are a number of external USB-powered monitors on the market, it makes so much sense to just slap a keyboard on it to make it much more functional + give it a cover and a bit of battery. Their solution is great. You don't even need the app, maybe just a custom launcher. I'll be super happy with something like this to use with phones, and with super portable desktop computers, like a NUC or a Raspberry Pi, or the dream - Hutzy XS. Just make it bigger, give it a high-res IPS display, an HDMI/external power option for more desktop-oriented use, and I'm in. Hopefully we'll see more of these pop up.

Last edited:

That is almost the right idea, but I don't think you could plug your computer in to it and see the same kind of performance as plugging your computer into a regular monitor. I have also been thinking it would be great to have a more portable monitor, one that folds up like a laptop so the screen will be protected if you put it in a bag. Having a built in keyboard or track pad would just be icing on the cake. I think what I want is a much more niche product, one for those who want to take their powerful desktop computer on the go instead of a laptop.

Filters are nice, but this chassis is SO small that it would probably take more time removing & replacing the outer housing than actually blowing the dust out with a can of, well, canned air…!

Or you could just keep the filters on the outside. It's what I did with my SilverStone SG13 and it was very effective and easy. I didn't even take them out for cleaning most of the time, just blew off the dust... They barely let anything through. You will see an increase in temperature, but to me it's still well below the red zone and it's worth keeping your components in pristine condition. I wish Demciflex would make filters with more matte and flat/low profile borders. They are unmatched in quality, but I really dislike the shiny and bulky frames.

That is almost the right idea, but I don't think you could plug your computer in to it and see the same kind of performance as plugging your computer into a regular monitor. I have also been thinking it would be great to have a more portable monitor, one that folds up like a laptop so the screen will be protected if you put it in a bag. Having a built in keyboard or track pad would just be icing on the cake. I think what I want is a much more niche product, one for those who want to take their powerful desktop computer on the go instead of a laptop.

Indeed, external monitors that work over a single USB 3.0 connection for both power and data have a lower refresh rate and lower brightness. For 1080p at 60Hz, USB 3.0 offers enough bandwidth. However I'm not sure if that bandwidth is used as efficiently as HDMI or DP, since those specs don't officially support USB 3.0. USB Type-C, however, is compliant with DisplayPort 1.3, so you should see identical transfer. And Type-C is much better for power. I'm not sure if it's possible to fully power a bright 14" 1080p gaming-class monitor over a motherboard Type-C port - if anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know. But this is why they should have multiple ports so you have the option to connect external power (Type C supports 100W). And indeed, the market for people with super tiny form factor desktops looking for something like this is tiny, but it's super functional for a phone, so we can latch onto that market haha.

Last edited:
I'll be super happy with something like this to use with phones, and with super portable desktop computers, like a NUC or a Raspberry Pi, or the dream - Hutzy XS. Just make it bigger, give it a high-res IPS display, an HDMI/external power option for more desktop-oriented use, and I'm in. Hopefully we'll see more of these pop up.

There's some coming out like the NexDock(technically released but not currently available), the Acer Liquid Extend, the HP Elite x3 Lap Dock. There's also the original concept, the Motorola Atrix Lapdock. If Windows Mobile and Continuum get more popular there will probably be more.

Any news regarding the second prototype please?
Thanks a lot.

That's been put on hold while I was testing PCI risers.
But now I'm leaning towards using the generic risers I have been using all along.

I'm also making some physical design changes.
Believe me, these design changes will make the delay worth it. ;)

Last edited:
But now I'm leaning towards using the generic risers I have been using all along.

You sir are a tease. :p

You sir are a tease. :p

I agree, you are being a bit of a tease…!

Clue us in, Sir, enquiring minds want to know…!!

Instant gratification demanded…!!!

Also - temp results for M.2 drives…? Any action on this front…?

The extremely compact size of this chassis almost demands one use a M.2 SSD as the primary drive…

(…just my opinion…)

Been eyeballing that new Intel M.2 SSD; seems like a mix of SATA III speeds for the write & PCIe 3.0 x4 (NVMe protocol) speeds for the read, so this might prevent the thermal throttling seen in the 950 Pro SSD…?

I dunno, the read is the more important spec for me (loading apps & games), and the price on the new Intel M.2 SSDs is much easier on the wallet than the Samsung 950 Pro…

Also - temp results for M.2 drives…? Any action on this front…?

The extremely compact size of this chassis almost demands one use a M.2 SSD as the primary drive…

(…just my opinion…)

Been eyeballing that new Intel M.2 SSD; seems like a mix of SATA III speeds for the write & PCIe 3.0 x4 (NVMe protocol) speeds for the read, so this might prevent the thermal throttling seen in the 950 Pro SSD…?

I dunno, the read is the more important spec for me (loading apps & games), and the price on the new Intel M.2 SSDs is much easier on the wallet than the Samsung 950 Pro…

The Intel 600p series is great news for consumers. I hope its thermals design takes behind-the-mobo sockets into consideration.

The 950 Pro is really no good unless you're going to go the extra mile and put your own heatsinks on the memory chips. Even Samsung themselves know; the SM961 and 960 Pro coming soon have a drastically lower throttling temp.

Last edited:
like this
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

So I received my XS prototype v1 just over a month ago.
Since then, I've shown it to you guys fully built. I also showed it to dozens of friends and family, and there's always one recurring "the thing is though.."
Which is that it looks too "boxy", "blocky", "like a toaster", "is that a heater?"

I thought about this for a while, and decided I really wanted to make XS stand out in some ways and look less "big rectangle prism-y", while still keeping it minimalistic looking.

Over the past two weeks, I explored different designs, and finally decided on going with one and started drawing it out fully.
The major design element compared to proto v1 is changing the parts arrangement to allow the front panel to have large, rounded corners going into the sides. This allows the front and top of the case to look more smoothed out instead of the current blocky edges.

Important aside: To all those that took the time to review my vent designs and voted on the polls, I am truly sorry!!
Moving forward, I will be using a vent design that my current manufacturer can cut without warping the metal sheets.

"Wait Hahutzy, what happened to finding a new manu for that sweet, sweet Hexagon vent?"
For those of you who have followed my thread(blog?) for long enough, you've heard me say before that the manufacturers in my area have been terrible at responding to low-volume projects such as the XS.
Over the past month, I've been tirelessly looking for manufacturers with waterjet capabilities (one of the few ways to cut those hexagons without warping the alu), and long story short -- either there's no response, or the quote given back to me for price per unit is ridiculous, and way past what I want end-users to pay.

At this point, I really don't want to delay indefinitely to try to find another manufacturer anymore.
So, I decided to buckle down and just make the most out of the capabilities of my current manufacturer.
With that in mind, here is what I'm throwing at my manu this coming Monday to see if the design is a "go" or "needs a few minor adjustments"

Bonus: an advantage of the new design is it could make for really nice 2-tone color setups. There's no plans for that currently, but I am keeping it in mind.

So this is where I stand today. How much will the design change due to manufacturing processes? I'm not sure. I expect very minimal, if at all. I am sending in the design files to my manufacturer and will be working with them in the coming weeks to produce prototype v2. Really looking forward to seeing the results, because I am quite satisfied with the revamped look of Hutzy XS :)

-Hahutzy

Last edited:
The Intel 600p series is great news for consumers. I hope its thermals design takes behind-the-mobo sockets into consideration.

The 950 Pro is really no good unless you're going to go the extra mile and put your own heatsinks on the memory chips. Even Samsung themselves know; the SM961 and 960 Pro coming soon have a drastically lower throttling temp.

Yes…! The Intel 600P is the drive I was looking at, just couldn't remember the actual model designation…

I figure by the time your chassis is actually available, Intel will have their 1TB model also available, which would be the perfect system drive for the Hutzy XS…!

And that 1TB drive should come in at the price of the 512GB version of the 950 Pro…

You can see why I am so interested in the thermals on M.2 drives in this chassis…

Hoping for the best…!

"the thing is though.."

The cutouts for the PSU fan area, might that hinder airflow as it looks like it will cover some of the PSU fan openings…?

…I am quite satisfied with the revamped look of Hutzy XS…

Looks really good…! When can we order one, and what is the price again…? ;^p

Also, projected costs WITH the FSP 500w PSU…?

Noise tests are also a thought, don't want a jet plane sitting on the desk next to me…!

Planned build for this chassis would be an Intel i5 6500 CPU paired with an EVGA GTX 1060 & the Intel 600P M.2 SSD for the only system drive; total max power draw should be just under 250 watts, but in real world day-to-day usage I would probably never see that…

So I would hope the lower draw components would help keep the PSU quiet, and the overall chassis temps down; just mainly concerned about the 600P on the backside of the MB…

I know, I am beating that horse near to death now…!

Keep up the good work, this is a seriously good looking chassis & the ultra compact form factor is a huge plus…!

Oh yeah, thanks for al the new desktop wallpapers…!

I do believe my poor laptop is sensing its imminent replacement…!

The cutouts for the PSU fan area, might that hinder airflow as it looks like it will cover some of the PSU fan openings…?

It could, but doesn't seem to change much. The current prototype covers the some of the fan as well.

Also, projected costs WITH the FSP 500w PSU…?

Noise tests are also a thought, don't want a jet plane sitting on the desk next to me…!

The idea is that the 500W should stay at low noise/heat because the system should be using <250W total.

About the price, it's tricky because I don't know what the final price on the FSP 500 is going to be. It's a 80+ Platinum, and that comes at a cost.

I really want users to be able to build a decent VR-capable machine into Hutzy XS in under $1000 though.

like this
It could, but doesn't seem to change much. The current prototype covers the some of the fan as well.

The idea is that the 500W should stay at low noise/heat because the system should be using <250W total.

About the price, it's tricky because I don't know what the final price on the FSP 500 is going to be. It's a 80+ Platinum, and that comes at a cost.

I really want users to be able to build a decent VR-capable machine into Hutzy XS in under $1000 though.

I am looking at $850.00 (NOT including license for Windows 10) for the following to go into the Hutzy XS chassis:

MSI H170i Pro AC mITX motherboard
Intel i5-6500 Quad-core 3.2GHz 65w CPU
Noctua NH-L9i CPU cooler
G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB DIMMs) DDR4 2133 SDRAM
Intel 600p Series 512GB PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 SSD
EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming (6GB GDDR5 RAM) ACX 2.0 GPU

I feel this would be a very nice & VERY compact gaming rig suitable for my needs. I mainly play World of Warcraft (and my current laptop CANNOT run the latest patch/expansion, so I am sidelined at this point), and I want to play a few games I have not been able to at this point (current laptop is a 6+ year old MacBook); games like Watchdogs, The Division, GTA V, The Assassins Creed series & Elite: Dangerous…

Last edited:
I really like the rounded front edge design. The edges where the front met the side panels in the prototype didn't look like they were quite flush, this new design definitely looks more sung and secure, and again, the rounded edges really add a pleasing touch to the aesthetics.

The look of the two tone renderings for some reason made me think the material was made of steel. Did the material change? Also, what are the new dimensions of the case? (was the front extended to round the corners, or were the corners "shaved off" from the old dimensions?)

Back