Humble Origin Bundle 2

Is a complete play through of ME1 necessary to enjoy ME2? I only got to the halfway mark in ME2 before getting bored but loved the demo of ME2 and all of the choices that you could make.

Some very good stuff in there. Bought

Yes, I was pretty excited about Peggle and Bejeweled also :p

Overall, great package, though probably not quite as great for me as the first Origin Bundle which contained Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 3, Red Alert 3, etc. That one was pretty epic.

Still, this one's no slouch and will help fill in some gaps in my collection (I didn't have Generals or ME2...heard DA II was pretty meh, though).

Is a complete play through of ME1 necessary to enjoy ME2? I only got to the halfway mark in ME2 before getting bored but loved the demo of ME2 and all of the choices that you could make.

I wouldn't say "necessary" to enjoy, but ME is one of those franchises where you do want to play each game in series because they intertwine so heavily. You could play the second or third one alone and still like them, because they are very high quality games, but you would appreciate them far more IMO if you played them in order.

Dead Space 2, on the other hand...not being a story-driven game, did not carry over many characters from the first game and your choices in the first game had no bearing on what happened in the sequel (granted, there weren't many choices as it was pretty linear). But they referenced some things from the first game, and I wouldn't have appreciated that as much had I not played the prequel first.

If you buy it now do you get the games they release later in the bundle?

Lord no. ME2 is actually pretty light on filler. If you got bored halfway through ME2 you'll probably last a couple hours max in ME1. Unless you got bored because you felt a lack of flavor NPC interactions and aimlessly wandering around, which ME1 has in spades.

Lord no. ME2 is actually pretty light on filler. If you got bored halfway through ME2 you'll probably last a couple hours max in ME1. Unless you got bored because you felt a lack of flavor NPC interactions and aimlessly wandering around, which ME1 has in spades.

That was a mistype. I m,eant to write I only managed to get halfway through ME1. Thanks for your input though!

How are the moral choices in ME2? Are there a ton of meaningful choices to be made? I've been getting bored with most modern RPG's because most of the dialog choices are not meaningful or if they are meaningful play only a minor role in the outcome of any one event.

I have pretty much everything else, but I picked it up for the pvz:gw which I had my eye on a few months back.

Anyone have an opinion on it nowadays?

That was a mistype. I m,eant to write I only managed to get halfway through ME1. Thanks for your input though!

How are the moral choices in ME2? Are there a ton of meaningful choices to be made? I've been getting bored with most modern RPG's because most of the dialog choices are not meaningful or if they are meaningful play only a minor role in the outcome of any one event.

Depends what you consider meaningful. There's plenty of flags to toggle for who lives and dies, for both party members and NPCs, but revisiting the consequences of your actions usually happens between games in the ME series and rarely within the same game. The split between life/death choices and "choose your cutscene" is pretty good (though there is necessarily far more of the latter) but major story branches aren't really on the menu in ME games.

Got it, although I already own dragon age origins, dead space 2, and mass effect 2. Of course I haven't played dead space 2 or mass effect 2 yet either. These bundle are killing me.

Speculation is one of the BTA games will be Simcity as it is in one of the background mashup images.

Some of those games have been in the "On Us" (free) from Origin in the near past.

Edit.. at least according to the screenshot in a previous post.

Last edited:
I've never played dragon age. I guess for .50 a game I can't really be disappointed.

I've never played dragon age. I guess for .50 a game I can't really be disappointed.

It's great. I'm just remembering that I sunk maybe 30 hours into it and never beat it. Looks like I get to play it from the beginning again.

Mass effect 2 seems amazing, shame I couldn't get into ME1 due to all of the boring mining side missions.

Thanks, picked it up for PvZ:GW also!

The game is very fun, but the servers, at least on Xbox one are absolutely terrible. And considering you have to connect to the server just to get to main menu. I have come very close to mailing the disc to EA and telling them to go to hell.

The game is very fun, but the servers, at least on Xbox one are absolutely terrible. And considering you have to connect to the server just to get to main menu. I have come very close to mailing the disc to EA and telling them to go to hell.

I hear you... I tried a few games on PC and very smooth. That was A LOT of fun, bought a few more bundles for friends! Great game!

Man, I was hoping on of the Battlefield Bad Company 2 games would be added, otherwise I prob would have stuck with the reg bundle just for Dead Space 2 :(

And, as predicted, the 4 extra games are Wing Commander III & IV, SimCity 2000 and Ultima VII.

Got to your HB account.
The new added games have a different code than the first one for Origin.

Back