Huge issues with SSD's and my needs.

mwroobel,

I have one more question for you if you don't mind.

I've been using a replacement AC cord for like over 1½ years ever since the other one wore down, the cord that connects from the AC to the power supply. The label on it says 13A - 125v. Additionally I have another AC cord lying around that says 10A - 125v. I don't understand if this makes a difference or not, unfortunately engineering wasn't my strong suit. I couldn't find any info on the HDX manual about the AC cord, so was hoping some of you could shed some light here. The specs on my power supply are as follows:

Input Voltage: 100V-240V 50/60hz
Output Voltage: 19V
Output Amperage: 9.5A
Plug Size: 7.4mm X 5.0mm (Centre Pin)

Here's a link with full specs

http://www.laptoppartsexpert.com/i-4272928-ac-adapter-180w-smart.html

The cord won't make any difference.
 
mwroobel,

I have one more question for you if you don't mind.

I've been using a replacement AC cord for like over 1½ years ever since the other one wore down, the cord that connects from the AC to the power supply. The label on it says 13A - 125v. Additionally I have another AC cord lying around that says 10A - 125v. I don't understand if this makes a difference or not, unfortunately engineering wasn't my strong suit. I couldn't find any info on the HDX manual about the AC cord, so was hoping some of you could shed some light here. The specs on my power supply are as follows:

Input Voltage: 100V-240V 50/60hz
Output Voltage: 19V
Output Amperage: 9.5A
Plug Size: 7.4mm X 5.0mm (Centre Pin)

Here's a link with full specs

http://www.laptoppartsexpert.com/i-4272928-ac-adapter-180w-smart.html

There is no real difference between the two power cords. If they are both the same length, one is likely 18g wire and one is likely 14g (or some other likely division per the ratings). For all intents and purposes for a computer power cord there is zero difference. Like I said before, this is likely a motherboard problem.
 
Back
Top