HTC Touch Pro for Verizon... finally, my dream phone comes true!

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
So the leaks just came out about the HTC Touch Pro coming to Verizon soon... I've been wanting a phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, VGA touchscreen, Windows Mobile, quick CPU, etc. for awhile but never saw one that looked like it would fit the bill. Now I'm dying waiting for the HTC Touch Pro to come at long last. I just don't get why it took soooooooooooo long for a phone like this to come to market. I remember several years ago wanting a device like Dell's Axim X51v with a phone built into it, but none ever came until now.

Anyone else out there waiting for this to come? Any thoughts on what a 2-year contract price for an existing customer might be (I'm guessing $349-399 personally)? Has there been any newer rumor on the release date than I've seen (I heard "much earlier" than September/October, but not much else)?

Can't... wait...!! :)

I love my touch diamond. Just had to update it and change some ram to make it run alittle better. Kinda wish it had a slide out keyboard but im getting better with it.

I just noticed Expansys has the Touch Diamond in-stock... will this work with Verizon's data plans for PDA phones, or is it the wrong frequency type/etc.? I'm tempted by the supposedly thinner size of it over the Touch Pro, and it's available now. Anyone know :)? My google-fu failed me.

Are there any other CDMA-compatible (Verizon) phones that have a VGA touchscreen, run Windows Mobile, and a QWERTY keyboard? Basically all I want is something like the XV6800 but with a VGA screen. The Touch Pro looks like what I want, but I was wondering if there's just something out there I'm not aware of already? I heard a lot of people at XDA Developers are having issues with their Touch Diamonds, so I'm kind of thinking if there's even any alternatives out there and am coming up empty.

By the end of the year is pretty much all we know as far as release so far :(.

Back