HTC Touch Pro (aka AT&T Fuze)

It never had HDMI. It has composite video output through the extUSB port, but you do need an adapter for that (only an audio adapter is bundled).

This is my first windows mobile phone. My last phone was a SE w810i. The amount of software available for this is amazing, it certainly blows away what was available for download on my last phone.

And with things like coreplayer, livesearch, total commander, and RDP installed this thing's now basically replaced my divx player, laptop, and gps device.

It never had HDMI. It has composite video output through the extUSB port, but you do need an adapter for that (only an audio adapter is bundled).

That's correct. I got it confused with the Nvidia phone that was being compared in the article I read. But, glad to hear it *does* still have the video out function. Good for road-trips.

I can't bring myself to justify the Fuze though. It's essentially the Tilt with some slightly upgraded specs and the video drivers that should have been included with said Tilt. They really should have increased the screen size to 3.2". The increased res is sorta silly when the screen size stays the same :)

They actually give you an audio-adapter now? How very generous of them *condescending tone towards HTC/AT&T*. My Wizard and Tilt never came with one of those.

Well, I'm quite happy with my upgrade. I went from the Tilt to a Fuze. I care more about resolution than screen size, so it really doesn't bother me too much. Browsing the web works well (I never was a big fan of Skyfire). I also use it at work and use RDC quite effectively. I was going to wait for the Xperia X1, but I wasn't prepared to pay nearly twice as much.

The adapter is rather big, but it is nice that it did come with one. Though I am not 100% sure I will end up using ever though, will see though.

I just have it sitting in my car. Neat thing about it is that if you have the adapter plugged in, you can turn off the screen, and if you pull out the adapter, it pauses music, so when I'm getting out of my car, I just pull off the adapter and that's it.

Cool! Congrats dude! Seems you're in the same boat as me. I don't think Sprint will give me a problem activating it over the phone and forcing a data plan on me since I didn't buy the phone from them or sign a new contract. I'm eligible for the $150 off + rebate thingy with a new 2-year agreement, but I don't want to be locked in for another 2 years just in case I decide to quit.

I'm not sure about the GPS, but I think it should work without a data plan if you download TomTom software or another third party app. The phone doesnt come with GPS software out of the box, IIRC. If you use Google maps, you could obviously only use wi-fi to update your position if you don't have a data plan.

By the way, which seller did you get yours from? I got mine from MobilTele.

Some guy with low feedback, but I messaged one of his earlier buyers and they were quite happy, so I went with that. lkcarter812 I believe.

you can set google maps to only use a wifi connection. Just be a little cautious with what you do. email and all of that will update no matter what connection you are on, so you might get pinned by that

Yeah, I'm thinking of investigating the 3rd party GPS app route - it IS a WinMo phone after all, and why not take advantage of one of Windows' core principles - apps can be developed by anyone!

GPS works great, having a data plan to download map data through Google Maps is nice though. Third party mapping apps work as well, once you get a fix through the internal GPS.

I dont think I will get the video cable until I go on vacation or something and have a use for it hehe. Very happy with the phone still. Great resolution and capabilities.

i was gonna pick up the touch pro later in the week to replace my iPhone, but i was wondering, how does it compare on AT&T and Sprint?

i was personally siding with Sprint, since 3G isnt in my area, and Sprint's data should be around speed anyway (right?). I also liked Sprint's since the plans for what i would use the phone for are cheaper, and i also like the keyboard on Sprint's better.

So without 3G for AT&T, is Sprint's better?

I have used my sprint internet access from my mogul onto my pc a few times, I get about 150-170k a sec downloads and 100 pings.. so pretty good. evdo rev a connection.

well i just picked up mine from Sprint :) already noticeably faster than my iPhone, well i guess ill try it out more after my homework... :p

I had issues w/ my Diamond so I got the Pro today!! I am using the Sprint device.. I dont mind the chrome edges/finish and green keyboard accents.. Looks kinda spiffy to me.. :D

what codecs are available for the touch pro? can it actually play vga res video files?

has anyone tried orb w/ it yet?

Orb works GREAT on 3G! With Bluetooth headphones I can watch any TV or any of the movies/shows in my terabytes at home. I upgraded from a Tilt and the video drivers for the Fuze are far superior (better framerate).

I can also download and manage Torrents on my phone using wmTorrent. Divx Player works well to play off my storage card.

The only thing I am having problems with is RDP. Every time I close it errors with the "Send to Microsoft." I have tried Remote Touch but it does not play well with screen switching. I'd also like an RDP client that I could zoom in with like the ones bought for iPhone. Anyone know of a program like that?

I'm using core player and dont resize any video when I put it to my memory card. Most files play without any issues, a few studder a little bit every now and then but I have not finished setting up the buffer.

My gripe now is trying to get remote desktop to work. Have not had much time to mess with it yet though.

using core player as well to play, also the optional tv out is awesome...kinda nice to be able to load up some movies and play them wherever there is a tv

Garmin Mobile XT on my Sprint Diamond using the internal GPS.

Balllllaaaaaaaaa' ! Works pretty damn good, almost as good as a Nuvi.

Yeah, got Garmin XT working on mine as well - hella cool!

Not cool however - $75.00 charge appearing on bill for the Diamond initially connecting and grabbing a 2MB update. Apparently a data addon is "only" $10/mo (Data Premier), which seems...too low, but I'm going to ask them to toss that in there for pulling a bait-and-switch 'download update...NOW PAY US 75.00'.

Does it come with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? I saw an unboxing and it came with an adapter for one so I'm guessing not. No plug and go for headphones? :(

It comes with an adapter, but at this point I am looking for a decent blue tooth headset for music and such so I can just keep my phone elsewhere without cords.

I have yet to use the adapter. Keeping that on top of the phone and the wire in my pocket sounds annoying. Not for functionality but comfort. With my last phone which was just slightly thicker washing my car using the included headset the phone pulled out of my pocket a few times.

Loving the phone though :)

n33302811_33886369_2356.jpg
comes with that guy. 2.5, 3.5, htc usb headphone jack, and standard usb-mini for data/charging. It's a bit big, but at least it lets you do everything at once.

Yah I'm definitely picking one up. Cept I'm going to grab the Sprint version, hoping I can get it with the SERO plan. Only wish Sprint kept the Diamond-esque background that ATT kept, but I guess the silver backing makes it less fingerprint/smear resistant.

I hated the Diamond due to the non-landscape qwerty but went to the Sprint store the other day and played with the Pro. The slide out QWERTY felt amazing and typing was natural and quick. Don't think I made any errors in typing 3-4 messages. And yah it's kinda bulky but seriously, it has everything packed inside of it, so ya give up pocket size but you get an all-in-one device.

Well after much internal debating over upgrading my 2G iPhone to the 3G or going back to Windows Mobile, I finally decided to get the ATT Fuze since ATT is having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (Free phones!!). I'm getting the Fuze for free and I was able to buy it online using my Government discount. Should get it Wednesday.

Well after much internal debating over upgrading my 2G iPhone to the 3G or going back to Windows Mobile, I finally decided to get the ATT Fuze since ATT is having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (Free phones!!). I'm getting the Fuze for free and I was able to buy it online using my Government discount. Should get it Wednesday.

You got it for free? Oh, how I hate you. ;)
I had to take mine back to the AT&T store and get a replacement, email stopped working, phone kept randomly shutting off, and the screen would randomly turn on then off after a second. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but after having it for this long and do a much of different things to fix it and I finally took it back and got a new one. So far things are working better, phone seems a bit snappier and more fluid it its movements.

Holy Crap! Thanks for the heads up!

I was trying to get Sprint (my carrier since '01) to haggle on the Touch Pro, but they wouldn't go lower than $200, especially since they said it was on backorder. I've been wanting to go with AT&T since the coverage is a bit better and they installed a signal booster at work. I get full signal with my AT&T pre-pay tester, but barely one bar with Sprint. The thing that has been holding me back is the $75/mo vs. $55/mo promised by Sprint. With the work discount I get with AT&T it's still $70, but by checking through the business site I can get the "Fuze" free plus a one time credit of $39.99.

I didn't want to jump in quite yet, but at least the next 30 days with holiday travel should be a good test run with the phone and AT&T service. Even after that I come out way ahead if I pay the $175 early termination fee and keep the $350 phone.

The sale ends midnight PST 12/01 if anyone can purchase through a business account (premier site) within the next hour or so.

I jumped on this deal as well for the Fuze. I almost bit on Amazon last week for 175$ good thing i decided to wait till after this weekend. Luckily i still have my old college email address, which as it turns out has a premier account. Can't wait for it to get here.

Back