HTC Touch HD

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
looks awesome, anyone else looking forward to it?

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_h..._wvga_screen_5_mp_camera_and_all-news-588.php
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/09/11/more-htc-touch-hd-info-so-close/

* 480 x 800 pixel WVGA touchscreen display
* Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
* TouchFLO 3D UI band-aid
* 3G
* Qualcomm 7201A processor @ 528MHz
* 512MB ROM / 256MB RAM (+32MB on processor)
* 115mm x 62.8mm x 12mm
* Should be on shelves in time for the holidays (!)
* Integrated GPS
* 5 Megapixel camera (!), no flash (not !)
* No D-pad or scroll wheel, does have a stylus
* microSD slot
* 1350 mAh battery
* 3.5mm headset jack on the top!

my.php

I'm waiting on the new andriod device from t-mobile. Aka the htc dream or t-mobile g1. Similar specs to the touch hd.

Something tells me that this probably isn't coming to the US. At least you'll be able to buy it unlocked for like $800 lol

Oh well, I'm getting me a touch diamond in a few months when my sprint contract is up for renewal

Cesium, your right about it not coming to the US in its current form. T-Mobile will most likely sell a similar version, but without the 2nd camera as the US doesn't do video calls yet. I bought an HTC in Europe that came out over a year and a half ago and I'm still laughing at my iphone friends (both 3g and previous version). Once the Apple fans get the video camera and the GPS receiver I'll cut them some slack.

I look forward to it, but am not sure about not having the full keyboard. For my use the Touch Pro would work better.

Cant wait for it to hit ATT so I can dump my S730.

I do like the clear screen and size though O_O

Im actually waiting for the HTC Touch PRO as I am a fan of the slide out keyboard... makes it a bit more bulky, but i dont mind... I was a early buyer of the Cingular 8125 (HTC as well).

This phone looks very good!

Not sure if I can give up my Touch Dual yet.

Finally a device that starts to look more or less what they should have been a long time ago.
I wouldn't mind a BIGGER battery though. I wouldn't mind getting a full day out of my device on heavy use, high screen brightness and snappy performance (ie. max cpu speed).

As it is right now, the CPU scaling on these high end PDA/phones is horrible. My Athena can do 624 Mhz, but most of the times stays at 100 Mhz and it takes an awful long time to respond when you come back from idle. Forcing it to 624 Mhz all the times drains the battery quicker than <favorite analogy>.

And Microsoft should do away with the slow ass FP performance and bring back the snappy as in WM2003se. Yes, more limited, but oh so much quicker. I don't see the reason why opening the calculator should take more than 0.01 seconds....

I'd rather see the Marvell Tavor 624MHz processor that the Asus P522w has and a 1600mAh battery, but other than that is a pretty sweet phone.

HTC has come a long way, their phones have always been good, but theyre newest ones are almost godlike....if only it came with android....

this thing screams awesomeness its got double the resolution of any devicd next to it and it has a plethora memory for apps

want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want

I quite fancy one of these

Nice looking, would love to try one out and see now its virtual keyboard fares.

However I dont see ATT getting this soon, would compete with their baby the iPhone unfortunately.

I'm waiting on the new andriod device from t-mobile. Aka the htc dream or t-mobile g1. Similar specs to the touch hd.
The other thing anybody should want from the G1 is the release of android info and tools that comes along with the phones release.

And among the biggest issues with software keyboards right now is how much they cover of the screen (cant see behind the keyboard). The WVGA screen has more space to see more of the screen at the same time. THAT will be awesome. Its also a much larger screen, which is even more awesome.

Ill just say that HTC better do a damn good job of optimizing the software for responsiveness, maybe they can shut the apple worshippers up.

However I dont see ATT getting this soon, would compete with their baby the iPhone unfortunately.

You'd be surprised, their Tilt2 is the HTC Diamond Pro (the touch with the hardware keyboard). And I remember that ATT felt it got a little slighted by Apple with these exclusivity dealings. Also, not for nothing, phone product cycles are like 6 months for companies like HTC and Samsung. I dunno if Apple is expecting to be in the same tech refresh cycle...

I hope I am surprised, I would like to take a close look at this phone, if its keyboard functions properly I might hold off of the Touch Pro for this one.

Er... correction, sorry HTC has so many out now, the ATT Tilt2 is should be the Touch Pro (diamond with the keyboard) not an HD with a keyboard, though that would be awesome!

My only reservation of the Touch Pro is that its a brick compared to the 12mm size of the Diamond.

Almost every HTC phone is initially released in Europe and other areas who use different 3G networks. A US carrier will often pick up the good devices and add the NA 3G software (the Touch pro supposedly has the hardware already installed for NA 3g.)

may pick one up to replace my current HTC touch. Speaking of which,(not to thread hijack) is there a way to unlock the GPS function on mine? I have the Alltel version.

Hopefully Sprint will pounce and get exclusivity and all the Sprint haters get a big "Fuck You"

=D

1350mah!?!?! I have been wishing my 2200mah battery on a smaller screened much slower chip phone would last longer! Other than that though, it makes me drool... that screen... nice!

This. I want this. I want this now. It's screen blows the iPhone out of the water. Yeah it's WinMo, but I'm praying to somehow get Android on it...

For those of you on Blackberries thinking of swicthing to WinMo there are a few things to be aware of:

1) The TouchFlo 3D interface is geougous. It will work better on some phones than others depending on configuation and carrier. The TouchHD will be the smoothest followed by the sprint version and then the verizon and att versions.

2) The Screens are very nice and the accelerometer is pretty dope. The touching responsiveness is nowhere near that of the iPhone (shamefully) and it takes a split second for the device to interpret your gesture and than act.

3) RAM will be very important on any HTC Touch Flo device. The primary reason is sadly WinMo that has a tendency to rack up ram usage with application insallation and usage. Look for a version with a micro SDHC expansion ability. The diamonds and pros do not have these (i believe...though I could be wrong).

4) Email is probably the best and worst feature. If your exchange server (2007) supports directpush OTA than you will be loving life with contacts and calendar sync. If not, you will likely be left less-than-satisfied. If you are a business user and have grown used to the immediacy of emails, than be sure your IT dept supports it before you buys it...capice? The alternative is to use the VPN connection 24/7 but that will drain batteries in a few hours.

5) The call quality is supposed to be nice, but HTC tends to use the mini USB jack instead of the standard headphone jack (read, expsneive accessories).

6) The allure of a live mesh client for winmo is almost enough reason to get the phone. I would however wait for the touch HD. The Pro is a little too bulky and the diamond is a little to slow, small and cumbersome to be productive on.

looks sweet, I may just get the diamond pro if this one doesn't come out soon...since the pro is coming out in oct. for sprint

Back