HTC Thunderbolt

Are you guys and girls resetting your battery information when you swap kernels?

I do it every once and awhile. I don't like doing it with every ROM because that means I need the phone to be 100% charged before flashing the ROM and erasing the battery stats.

Remember to correctly reset your stats it's:

100% charged and leave plugged in
boot into CWM and reset the stats
reboot the phone
once the phone is entirely done booting you unplug it
Now use the phone until the battery dies
Fully charge again

That's a lot of work especially when you swap ROM's as often as I do at times.

I just wipe data and cache. Can you wipe battery status from CMR?

Under advanced options in ClockwordMod there is an option to wipe the battery stats.

Do I have to do that before I install a ROM, or can I do it without flashing a new ROM?

Currently I am at 88% after 7hr and 43 minutes lol. I havent used my phone much though today.

Do I have to do that before I install a ROM, or can I do it without flashing a new ROM?

Currently I am at 88% after 7hr and 43 minutes lol. I havent used my phone much though today.

You can do it anytime you want provided you do it correctly. Like I said earlier I do it every once and awhile. It's not really needed unless battery life just seems really weird.

For instance on my old Droid at one point I would hit 50% then immediately drop to 30% and sit there for awhile. After a battery stat reset I would hit 50%, then 40%, then 30%.

One complaint about folders is that when I open one and launch an app, then back out of the app to go home, the folder is still open. Wish it would close when an app from the folder was selected.

ADW Launcher can have those folders close for you. ;) I would imagine Launcher Pro does the same but I don't use LP. ADW Ex for life!

Looking around android phone forums, I guess people weren't kidding when they say the Thunderbolt's screen scratches easily. :(

I bought a holster for it but there's already a very tiny scratch on the upper left corner that I just noticed two hours ago. Granted its small and out of the way, but still really bugging me right now. I did buy screen protectors but completely and utterly failed in putting them on and had to discard all three in the 3-pack, very embarrassing. :eek:

I think if I buy screen protectors again, I'd need to go to a store and see how they put them on. :eek:

I hope if I put one, I know it'll prevent future scratches but also hide this very tiny one as well.

Looking around android phone forums, I guess people weren't kidding when they say the Thunderbolt's screen scratches easily. :(

I bought a holster for it but there's already a very tiny scratch on the upper left corner that I just noticed two hours ago. Granted its small and out of the way, but still really bugging me right now. I did buy screen protectors but completely and utterly failed in putting them on and had to discard all three in the 3-pack, very embarrassing. :eek:

I think if I buy screen protectors again, I'd need to go to a store and see how they put them on. :eek:

I hope if I put one, I know it'll prevent future scratches but also hide this very tiny one as well.

if the issues were simple bubbles.. a handly little trick is to put the protector on, then turn your dash heater on and set the phone (screen side towards the heat) for 15 - 30 sec's. the time really depends on how hot your heat is, please be careful here :p this usually gets rid of almost all bubbles.

If it's dust, work in a cleaner environment.. so hard to keep out those tiny dust particles tho!

Been seeing alot about scratches tonight, I had a verizon screen protector on mine for like 2 days what a POS. I thru it away and brought them back for a refund. No protection other than a platinum case from BB for a couple weeks, no scratches yet. I just ordered the clear coat kit they have a nice warranty and comes with 2 screen protectors for 15 bux shipped, use code 20percent and its 11.99 shipped.... hopefully these dont suck.

http://www.clear-coat.com/product.php?productid=1274&cat=51&page=1

Is the battery life truly as bad as it is claimed to be on this phone?

if the phone is rooted can it be restored to stock?

I got 12 hours yesterday and I had like 30 minutes call time and like 6 hours surfing 4g enabled the whole time. Probably dropped to 3g depending on where I was for like an hour out of 12. Played some angry birds and stuff.

Yeah u can return to stock, you can even root and stay stock everything, but rooting is the hard part.
Changing kernels and roms is quick and easy.

I think your numbers got scewed somehow. The upload speeds reported by speedtest and fcc test are confirmed inaccurate at 25m, and everybody else has been reporting 5-15m down so I highly doubt that's an accurate reading you're getting.

Most 4g places I've been have were 4-12m down which is Seattle, NYC, and Cleveland. Will be in the bay area soon and I heard theirs isn't fully deployed yet but hopefully it is.

in houston, there are multiple people who claimed to have higher and had screen shots houston has strong lte coverage. i guy in new york has a screen shot of 60 mbits down

in houston, there are multiple people who claimed to have higher and had screen shots houston has strong lte coverage. i guy in new york has a screen shot of 60 mbits down

That's about the max downlink throughput given the bandwidth (10 MHz, 50 PRB's). He must have been the absolute ONLY user on the sector though.

anyone having problems with texting? Like you text someone and 15 digit number shows up on their phone instead of your name??

I got 25mbps from a speed test on Sprint WiMax, which maxes out at 10mbps.

Spike + raw text speed test. Text can be compressed so transfer time is exaggerated. That's how people are inflating their numbers.

anyone having problems with texting? Like you text someone and 15 digit number shows up on their phone instead of your name??

This is a known issue when swapping from a 3g phone to the thunderbolt. Pull the battery to reset the phone and it will fix the issue.

I'm seeing 15/5 consistently in the strongest 4g areas around my work.

This is sick rooted and on das BAMF 1.4 REMIX Rom and kernel.

Battery life is great now 12 hours easy with moderate/ high usage easily.

So is there anything to the reports that the Blockbuster app hanging is causing the battery life issues? I'm this close to ordering but I rather not have to immediately root to keep from having it die halfway through the day when I have a 3GS that's only at 85% at the same time period.

Also do they sell armband holders for this phone as I use my current to track runs.

So is there anything to the reports that the Blockbuster app hanging is causing the battery life issues? I'm this close to ordering but I rather not have to immediately root to keep from having it die halfway through the day when I have a 3GS that's only at 85% at the same time period.

Do you see the little "HTC" logo? that means it's gonna have shitty battery life. I've learned the hard way - HTC makes AWESOME phones, however they are anything BUT power efficient.

Root and underclock/ULV kernal, etc, and/or add a double-capacity battery. Those are your only real choices with an HTC device...

CM7 FTW!

@layherdaddy: With alittle help from @toastcfh we have 3g/4g working on #CM7 for Thunderbolt! BAM Bitches!

Only things left I think are the Camera and Bluetooth. According to an earlier tweet from Slayher BT is working to a degree but cuts out or something like that.

I can't wait to get some AOSP goodness on this phone! Till then though Tesla Coil v1.5 will suffice. ;)

So whats the concensus on this device. I'm torn as I normally steer clear of any first edition technologies, but I'm dying for a change of scenery and to get away from the blackberry.

I'm thinking this device would be suitable for a long relationship as long as I can turn off the 4g to preserve battery when i'm not surfing.

I have a feeling the upcoming dual core phones will be plagued with battery life woes as well, and may end up being subject to the tiered data plans and further restrictions on rooting that are currently on the table.

My neighbor just got a TB and I must say it's a killer phone. My Incredible wept uncontrollably while it saw the lust in my eyes as I played with that TB.

Must... resist... the... upgrade... urge...

At least til the Inc 2, Bionic, and a few other new phones are released over the summer/fall. ;)

CM7 FTW!

@layherdaddy: With alittle help from @toastcfh we have 3g/4g working on #CM7 for Thunderbolt! BAM Bitches!

Only things left I think are the Camera and Bluetooth. According to an earlier tweet from Slayher BT is working to a degree but cuts out or something like that.

I can't wait to get some AOSP goodness on this phone! Till then though Tesla Coil v1.5 will suffice. ;)

Yeah man Tesla is nice, you liking those lean kernels or what?

Yeah man Tesla is nice, you liking those lean kernels or what?

Actually not a fan of the lean kernel. I went back to Adrynalyne's kernels. I find that Tesla Coil 1.5 lags a little bit for me at times. 1.2 was rock solid though. I'll probably deal with the slight lag though until Slayher lets CM7 loose on the TBolt. I just don't want to flash and set my phone up yet again... It would be easy if I didn't use Privacy Blocker to fix all my apps but it's actually quite a pain in the ass to uninstall everything then install everything I've "fixed" all over again.

Nandroids love you, I saw some lag on tesla 1.5, on lean kernel. havnt tried it with andryns kernel yet, I got a nandroid of 1.5 tesla might try it out with adryn, I'm rock bamf remix 1.4 with some tweaks I did to it and 4.4.2 adryn kernel and its AWESOME. I got AOSP lock and the launcher looks like this, which I prefer over the tesla launcher.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13765981/dasBAMF.Screenies.png

Nandroids love you, I saw some lag on tesla 1.5, on lean kernel. havnt tried it with andryns kernel yet, I got a nandroid of 1.5 tesla might try it out with adryn, I'm rock bamf remix 1.4 with some tweaks I did to it and 4.4.2 adryn kernel and its AWESOME. I got AOSP lock and the launcher looks like this, which I prefer over the tesla launcher.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13765981/dasBAMF.Screenies.png

I could nandroid restore to 1.2 but i've made changes to my phone since then. I'm being lazy right now and simply don't want to deal with the hassle of setting it up again after the restore. If the lag gets too unbearable I may restore my backup but who knows.

I'd try BAMF but I hate Sense with a passion. Here's to hoping Slayher gets CM7 sorted out because I want some AOSP goodness.

I could nandroid restore to 1.2 but i've made changes to my phone since then. I'm being lazy right now and simply don't want to deal with the hassle of setting it up again after the restore. If the lag gets too unbearable I may restore my backup but who knows.

I'd try BAMF but I hate Sense with a passion. Here's to hoping Slayher gets CM7 sorted out because I want some AOSP goodness.

Well the point with BAMF remix is its as sense as tesla is. There's even a complete desense script for it. I just like to tweak and mod lol.

Alright, Android n00b here. The Thunderbolt is my first smart phone and I am absolutely in love. I have it all stock but I am getting an issue with my wi-fi connection. It connects for a good 10 seconds, disconnects, and then settles into 3g. Now, with my rubbish D-Link DIR-825 it worked fine. Connected as soon as I was in range and all was well. But the router had to go so it was replaced with a far superior Netgear WNDR4000. But now I am having this issue. I am capable with computers and networking but I haven't a clue when it comes to Android and its predilections towards wi-fi.

Any help?

Forgot to mention I fiddled with everything I could think of like turning wi-fi on and off, reset the connection to forget then remember, power cycle, remove battery, still no solid connection.

I'd suggest giving it a static IP address, count the used IPs (i.e. if you have 5 devices) then add 10 for good measure and make that it's ip.

ex: 192.168.10.15

Make sure you go quite a few higher than the total number of devices since friend's phones, laptops, etc can connect and I've even seen on rare occasion somone drive down the road and their laptop pops in (but this was with a MIMO N router ~30' from the road)

I had to do this with my TrendNet to get my devices to work, every last WiFi device I had needed it's own static IP (including my phone and touch)

you shouldn't need to use static ip addresses for that router. i have the older brother of your router (netgear wndr3700) and my thunderbolt works just fine with it.
so for which band is your router setup? i don't think the thunderbolt will connect to the 5.0ghz a/n band. You'll need to use the 2.4ghz b/g/n band. you also might need to double check your security/wpa settings.
finally, when you enable wireless on your thunderbolt stay in the settings menu of your phone. watch the status of the wireless connect to see what it's doing. does authenticate and obtain an ip address? perhaps you typed the wpa key wrong?

Well the point with BAMF remix is its as sense as tesla is. There's even a complete desense script for it. I just like to tweak and mod lol.

With the leak of the new TBolt RUU (with battery life fixes, GPS fixes, LTE fixes, etc) I gave BAMF a try. I didn't get the Remix because I don't like some of the things he changes. However, the De-Sense script from the Remix thread works just fine on the normal BAMF.

It is a great ROM. The SmartAss governor in Adrynalyne's kernels is top notch. Battery life can't be any better. I only lost 3% in 6 hours last night while sleeping.

BAMF isn't perfect though. Even after the De-sense script there's still plenty of HTC's crap left over which was either removed or replaced by AOSP versions in Tesla Coil. So I honestly see myself going back to Tesla Coil once kejar31 get version 1.7 out the door since that's built off the new RUU.

I just pray Slayher is close to merging the TBolt code with CM's github because I want some pure AOSP goodness and I miss all the fun tweaks that CM gives you. :(

I ordered a TBolt on the last day of wirefly's $150 special deal, and the next day they announced the Droid Bionic was officially delayed, possibly Q3 release. It's supposed to arrive by Fedex today!

I'd suggest giving it a static IP address, count the used IPs (i.e. if you have 5 devices) then add 10 for good measure and make that it's ip.

ex: 192.168.10.15

Make sure you go quite a few higher than the total number of devices since friend's phones, laptops, etc can connect and I've even seen on rare occasion somone drive down the road and their laptop pops in (but this was with a MIMO N router ~30' from the road)

I had to do this with my TrendNet to get my devices to work, every last WiFi device I had needed it's own static IP (including my phone and touch)

Done, no dice. Setup the DHCP reservation, restart, nothing.

you shouldn't need to use static ip addresses for that router. i have the older brother of your router (netgear wndr3700) and my thunderbolt works just fine with it.
so for which band is your router setup? i don't think the thunderbolt will connect to the 5.0ghz a/n band. You'll need to use the 2.4ghz b/g/n band. you also might need to double check your security/wpa settings.
finally, when you enable wireless on your thunderbolt stay in the settings menu of your phone. watch the status of the wireless connect to see what it's doing. does authenticate and obtain an ip address? perhaps you typed the wpa key wrong?

I disabled the 5Ghz band altogether since I don't have anything that would run on it. With that I went into the security protocol and it was on WPA2-PSK [AES]. Well, that was strange because I thought I had left it on WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]. So I flipped that back on and voila, Thunderbolt is on wi-fi again...

Darkpark, can you confirm that you have the dual security protocol enabled? I guess we can only assume the T-Bolt doesn't like WPA2-PSK [AES] networks or at least flakes on them and is a bigger fan of the TKIP type or maybe just WPA1 networks. I am glad it works but I don't want a protocol hanging out there. Call me paranoid.

Back