HTC One Watch Thread

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
The newly released HTC One looks promising. To date there have been several reviews from sites that are promising a more in-depth review once it officially hits the streets around March 14th.

There is a concern with it being programmed with a home page that is defaulted to run a data stream of text and images, HTC is calling this feature BlinkFeed.
PC World has issued an article claiming that BlinkFeed cannot be removed from your home screen.
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/454484/htc_blinkfeed_can_t_removed_from_your_home_screen/

Some reviews have claimed that while you cannot 'disable it' one can at least unsubscribe from any, if not all of the feeds. And yet another review has claimed that you can select an alternate home page other than the BlinkFeed feeds.

Concerned users want to have the option to disable BlinkFeed entirely instead of pushing it away. Their reasoning is that carriers charge extra for data that exceeds your contract threshold, and BlinkFeed, while running in the foreground or background, may be consuming data. Others who are concerned with battery usage may not wish to have BlinkFeed running in background.

Edited: March 12, 2013

HTC One has now been officially presented and is soon be officially released.
This thread is now open to all comments relating to the HTC One and it's reviews.

Last edited:
Pretty sure HTC came out and said that you can tell it to not pull any data feeds at all, even if it is running still ....

I don't think RSS feeds require much data. But if your phone is getting to your carrier mandated data limit, shouldn't you be turning all mobile data off? And like Feather said, HTC said that you have to unsubscribe to feeds to get no data usage, cause it's a background task.

Pretty sure HTC came out and said that you can tell it to not pull any data feeds at all, even if it is running still ....
Yes, we are being told that we can unsubscribe to any or all of the data feeds.
After doing so it is said (by reviewers) that one will be viewing blank tiles on the BlinkFeed screen. Haven't yet seen any screenshots of this avoidance workaround yet.

I don't think RSS feeds require much data. But if your phone is getting to your carrier mandated data limit, shouldn't you be turning all mobile data off? And like Feather said, HTC said that you have to unsubscribe to feeds to get no data usage, cause it's a background task.

BlinkFeed may possibly be pulling in more data then vanilla RSS feeds if one factors in the photos it will be pulling in.

PC World did write that HTC's BlinkFeed can't be removed from your home screen.

By contrast EndGadget wrote:
Now, BlinkFeed. This is simply a Flipboard-like tile interface that sits permanently on the main home page. Created in collaboration with Mobiles Republic, this tool pulls in content from various publications and social networks (Twitter, Plurk, LinkedIn, Flickr, Zoe Share and more), as well as your calendar and TV shows from the TV app (more on that later). You won't be seeing emails here, as HTC positions BlinkFeed as a place for more ambient info rather than critical updates. Regardless, the feed can be customized to suit your needs, though the first version won't let you add custom RSS feeds just yet. On a related note, an SDK will be provided for developers to let their apps publish to the BlinkFeed. As you'd expect, fresh content automatically comes in from the top, and it does so every two hours over mobile data, but more frequently over WiFi. Either way, HTC's conducted many tests and is pretty confident that battery life won't be a big issue here. The good news is that should you eventually find this feature slightly stale, you can disable BlinkFeed altogether and just have the plain old Android home screens. [End of Quote]

Bottom line may be that if one wants to curtail the data usage then one will have to unsubscribe from the feeds. I'll be satisfied with that. Will await more hands on reviews on this issue.

Last edited:
Why not just use something other than HTC Sense as the launcher.....Apex for instance, wont require the bank tile feeds, and looks better to boot (IMO)

Why not just use something other than HTC Sense as the launcher.....Apex for instance, wont require the bank tile feeds, and looks better to boot (IMO)
unless you install a custom rom, the blinkfeed will continue to run in background if you are still subscribed to feeds. This is from what I understand about it.

My point is, remove the feeds, install new launcher that is actually good, and then you dont have to look at a blank feed, or worry about data usage.

I'm more concerned about it's 32 gigs of ram. For a 1080p mobile seems too little.

Android Central today answered the question:

1. Do I have to use BlinkFeed? Can I uninstall it?

You absolutely do not have to use it if you don't want to. Just don't add any feeds to it, and it won't do anything. You might be able to hack it out of there, but we wouldn't bother. Just thumb over to the home screen and pretend that BlinkFeed never happened.

(Though we'd recommend giving it a shot. It's not bad.)

The remaining nine questions they answered were:
http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-ten-frequently-asked-questions

2. Wait - there's only one home screen? Can I add more?
3. That app drawer seems a little funny. What's up with it?
4. What does the HTC button on the bottom of the phone do?
5. So how do I get to the list of recent apps? (aka multitasking)
6. And what about Google Now?
7. I miss that iconic HTC clock widget. Can I get it back?
8. Is there a notification light?
9. Can I customize the lock screen?
10. Are the speakers that good?

Last edited:
Wow, you have to double-tap the home key to get to the recent apps? Why wouldn't it be a long press like every other phone? Sounds a bit awkward and I think they would have been better off with a dedicated menu/search button.

Two things that seem to set the phone apart from others though are the front facing stereo speakers and the IR Blaster on the top of the phone. I've dreamed of having an IR blaster on my previous phones, it would make using everything in my living room so much easier to use, though now most of my stuff (TV, speaker bar, DVR, 360 and PS3) can be controlled over LAN anyways, but using IR would be much more reliable and easier to set-up and use. I hope future phones start incorporating that too, but I doubt they will.

TheVerge's HTC One Review is out and is controversial. The reviewer claims that the battery life is horrible without any statistics to back it up, and one of the reasons is the blinkfeed; what is controversial is that he loved the similar battery sized Xperia Z. There are other reviews in the works that contest the battery life. So I'm just going to wait till we see other reviews.

However, why can't HTC just put a 3000 mAH like the RAZR Maxx HD?!?

TheVerge's HTC One Review is out and is controversial. The reviewer claims that the battery life is horrible without any statistics to back it up, and one of the reasons is the blinkfeed; what is controversial is that he loved the similar battery sized Xperia Z. There are other reviews in the works that contest the battery life. So I'm just going to wait till we see other reviews.

However, why can't HTC just put a 3000 mAH like the RAZR Maxx HD?!?

Battery life statistics and a graph were posted yesterday on Android Authority and they wrote:

A lot of HTC smartphone users have had complaints about the poor battery life of their devices, a concern compounded with the fact the recent HTC devices feature uni-body designs, making the batteries non-removable. If you were considering picking up a HTC One, but were worried about the battery performance, fear no more!

According to battery endurance tests done by Expert Reviews, the 2,300 mAh battery of the HTC One managed close to 17 hours of 3G talk-time, and more notably, lasted an amazing 8 hours and 32 minutes in video playback!

With numbers like these, getting a full day of usage with one charge, which has become increasingly difficult, should not be a problem anymore. The review does state that the review unit did not feature the final software version, but assuming that the final release will only make things more efficient, the battery test results are great.

To put these numbers in perspective, a recent battery test of the Sony Xperia Z, which features a slightly larger battery at 2,330 mAh, showed that while the Xperia Z lasted for 16 hours of 3G talk-time, the video playback test gave a result of just 5 hours and 39 minutes. Granted, the Xperia Z does feature a larger display, but that shouldn’t result in a difference of more than 3 hours.

We’ll be looking at a lot of other battery tests once the HTC One is officially released later this month, but for now, the initial results are certainly impressive. Battery life could well become one of the many reasons to buy the HTC One.
[End]

Ref: http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-battery-life-168420/

Last edited:
Battery life statistics and a graph were posted yesterday on Android Authority and they wrote:

A lot of HTC smartphone users have had complaints about the poor battery life of their devices, a concern compounded with the fact the recent HTC devices feature uni-body designs, making the batteries non-removable. If you were considering picking up a HTC One, but were worried about the battery performance, fear no more!

According to battery endurance tests done by Expert Reviews, the 2,300 mAh battery of the HTC One managed close to 17 hours of 3G talk-time, and more notably, lasted an amazing 8 hours and 32 minutes in video playback!

With numbers like these, getting a full day of usage with one charge, which has become increasingly difficult, should not be a problem anymore. The review does state that the review unit did not feature the final software version, but assuming that the final release will only make things more efficient, the battery test results are great.

To put these numbers in perspective, a recent battery test of the Sony Xperia Z, which features a slightly larger battery at 2,330 mAh, showed that while the Xperia Z lasted for 16 hours of 3G talk-time, the video playback test gave a result of just 5 hours and 39 minutes. Granted, the Xperia Z does feature a larger display, but that shouldn’t result in a difference of more than 3 hours.

We’ll be looking at a lot of other battery tests once the HTC One is officially released later this month, but for now, the initial results are certainly impressive. Battery life could well become one of the many reasons to buy the HTC One.
[End]

Ref: http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-battery-life-168420/
I think that TheVerge will have a lot of questions to answer to now... LOL.

The reviews that in works that I'm hearing about aren't even from Android Authority.

Stupid fanbois...

Well. It's no doubt that this is the best of all HTC phones.

ZDNet review playing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven using the HTC One front speakers and no head phone.
The recording device is another smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 920. The video processing and formatting was done on the reviewer's Surface Pro, and then YouTube hosting, the true-life sound is likely better than what you see in the video.

http://www.zdnet.com/leave-the-port...tc-boomsound-on-the-htc-one-video-7000012360/

EDIT
This time however, Thomas von Welt - a music composer in Germany - avoids using another smartphone to record the sound, and instead recorded the HTC One' speaker output using pro audio gear.....2 condenser mics. The improvement in sound presentation is striking. WithIn the video the uploader also provides you with a link to the original recording so that you can compare the sound.

Here is the link to view and listen to the HTC One do the playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0bTm5B6Hok

Last edited:
Phil Nickinson Editor in Chief of Android Central wrote:

Some folks want BlinkFeed -- HTC's home screen news reader -- to die in a fire. They don't like the idea of BlinkFeed. They think it's a bad idea (never mind not having actually used it), and they don't ever want to see it.

We can grant that wish.

It's perfectly possible to use the HTC One without BlinkFeed being in the way.

The secret? Just don't use it.

You don't actually have to set up BlinkFeed. You can ignore it to your heart's content. It won't use data. It won't use your battery. And it won't be in the way.

The trick is to set up your home screens like normal and just never thumb all the way to the left to the BlinkFeed screen. OK, that's not much of a trick. Out of sight, out of mind.

Or, of course, you could just use a custom launcher, which a good many folks likely will do anyway.

Chances are someone will hack BlinkFeed out of Sense 5 while leaving the rest of the ROM intact. And that's cool. But that's also more work than not actually using BlinkFeed in the first place.

The bottom line is if you don't want to use BlinkFeed, you don't have to. And it's not at all in the way.

[End]

Ref: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-htc-one-without-blinkfeed?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

If you stop his video at 1:40 you will see that the BlinkFeed page will display without the showing of any blank tiles. In their place you will simply see the following text:

NO CONTENT
Pull Down To Refresh

Last edited:
Source: HTC Blog
http://blog.htc.com/2013/03/htc-one-developer-edition/

The HTC One Developer Edition will be available in limited quantities to customers with a US Zip Code for $649 when the HTC One is released in the United States. It will have the SIM and bootloader unlocked. However, as I read into the blog I saw good news and not so good news for those intending to run with T-Mobile.

The Good News
Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
2 GB RAM
64 GB of storage
SIM and bootloader unlocked
Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
Front-facing stereo speakers
Two dual-membrane microphones for recording

The Not So Good News for Those Intending to Run With T-Mobile
Multiple frequency compatibility
HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)

Heading over to T-Mobile's support page I found this overview of HSPA+, which is the technology that T-Mobile uses for their 4G network.

HSPA+ is an enhancement of T-Mobile's 3G HSPA technology.
It offers data faster speeds but requires the necessary backhaul is in place (backhaul refers to the pipe that connects our towers to the Internet).
All 3G sites are already using HSPA+ technology but they are referred to as 3G until that backhaul is there to support the faster speeds.

- Depending on where a tower is at in the 4G life cycle, theoretical maximum download speeds range from 21 Mbps – 42 Mbps.
- T-Mobile's HSPA+ network operates on the same band as our 3G network, Band IV, which uses 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies to transmit voice and data services.
- The 1700 MHz frequency sends information to cell sites and the 2100 MHz frequency receives information.
* As with our 3G network, both 1700 MHz frequency and 2100 MHz frequency are required for a device to function. If a device only has one of these frequencies, it cannot use T-Mobile’s 3G and 4G networks.
- T-Mobile is switching some 1900 MHz frequency from EDGE to HSPA+. This will allow devices that work on 1900 MHz, such as AT&T devices, to use our 4G network.

=== > Engadget's take on this is "Due to arrive in the US at the same time as the standard carrier versions, it will keep the same powerful specs and slick design....(that) we loved in our review, but without the restrictions. One thing it's missing? AWS HSPA/WCDMA access, which should limit its opportunities on T-Mobile until it rolls out LTE service."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/htc-one-developer-edition-unlocked-sim-bootloader-649/

EDIT
Here is a T-Mobile enabling HSPA + / LTE 4G workaround that I employed when I was about to purchase an unlocked AT&T HTC One X. If AT&T sells an unlocked HTC One as it was and is doing for the HTC One X then consider purchasing your unlocked HTC One from AT&T. Last year I contacted AT&T National and verified that their unlocked HTC One X will accept a T-Mobile Sim and the AT&T bands in the HTC One X would utilize various AT&T towers distributed among select areas within the United States that pushed both HSPA + and LTE. I contacted T-Mobile and they told me the same thing. I even purchased two AT&T HTC One X phone compatible Sims direct from T-Mobile but I held off on purchasing the HTC One X awaiting more development from HTC, how glad I am that I did that.

Now I will wait for AT&T to sell an unlocked HTC One to use with my AT&T / T-Mobile compatible SIM. I see no reason why an AT&T unlocked HTC One and T-mobile will not be again HSPA + and LTE compatible. The key variable in all this is that these unlocked HTC phones are sold by AT&T

Last edited:
Does HTC typically sell their developer editions direct?

Update: When available, they will be sold via shopamerica.htc.com

Last edited:
@supersake - to summarize, if I wanted to use this on tmobile with 3g/4g I would have to buy an unlocked att branded version?

@supersake - to summarize, if I wanted to use this on tmobile with 3g/4g I would have to buy an unlocked att branded version?

Depending on your location you may be ok the device has 1900mhz HSPA+ and T-mobile has rolled that out in many markets so people can use unlocked ATT (i)phones.

Engadget's review is out too:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/12/htc-one-review/

Also loved the camera and the battery life.

Although I can't figure out why Engadget liked the camera. If you download their full size images zip and look at the daylight pictures, the HTC One's camera took some really crappy shots. The night ones weren't really any better. They just had massive amounts of noise reduction applied automatically, that was about the only difference. Less noise, sure, but a lot less detail too. That's not an improvement, and is something you can easily achieve by cranking the noise reduction slider through the roof in GIMP as well - which appears to be what HTC did in their imaging processor.

The 920's camera was also quite disappointing - the low light shots were all just overexposed. The quality itself was pretty poor, although they only included 2 shots from the 920 both of which were blurry. The 808 had easily the best shots in that zip, followed by the DNA.

Trimlock asked me...

and OCgamer666 answered Trimlock's question with..
Depending on your location you may be ok the device has 1900mhz HSPA+ and T-mobile has rolled that out in many markets so people can use unlocked ATT (i)phones.

What OCgamer666 wrote is correct. Three months ago, when I was thinking about purchasing the One X+ , I spoke to AT&T and T-Mobile. Both of them told me that I would be able to run a branded AT&T One X+ with HSPA+ and LTE within my geographical area. The One X+ and the HTC One both use the same radio frequencies.

Last edited:
Although I can't figure out why Engadget liked the camera. If you download their full size images zip and look at the daylight pictures, the HTC One's camera took some really crappy shots. The night ones weren't really any better. They just had massive amounts of noise reduction applied automatically, that was about the only difference. Less noise, sure, but a lot less detail too. That's not an improvement, and is something you can easily achieve by cranking the noise reduction slider through the roof in GIMP as well - which appears to be what HTC did in their imaging processor.

The 920's camera was also quite disappointing - the low light shots were all just overexposed. The quality itself was pretty poor, although they only included 2 shots from the 920 both of which were blurry. The 808 had easily the best shots in that zip, followed by the DNA.
that's because you are zoomed in... The One camera is 4 MP. It is enough for Facebook or instagram. You need more pixels? Get a real camera. However, HTC would truly have a killer at 8MP with "ultrapixel"

that's because you are zoomed in... The One camera is 4 MP. It is enough for Facebook or instagram. You need more pixels? Get a real camera. However, HTC would truly have a killer at 8MP with "ultrapixel"

Wrong, I did not zoom in. I looked at the pictures at 1:1. Crucially I did not zoom *OUT* which is what engadget appears to have done. Yes, you can cover up a lot of the camera's mistakes/flaws if you zoom out. That doesn't make the camera any less shit.

Or put another way the HTC One's 4MP camera only gets you ~1MP worth of usable pixels. You don't actually get 4MP worth of usable pixels since you have to downscale to cover up all the bad pixels it produced.

Wrong, I did not zoom in. I looked at the pictures at 1:1. Crucially I did not zoom *OUT* which is what engadget appears to have done.
ROFL... this is the most hilarious stuff I read in days.

ROFL... this is the most hilarious stuff I read in days.

Hilarious because of how incredibly wrong you were? Or are you just completely ignorant when it comes to cameras? Or do you normally let marketing dictate your reality?

The number of pixels purple can upload to Facebook and instagram is limited. Zooming in on one of those pictures and tell me what you see. Clearly these reviews has shown that HTC is top notch per pixel. Of course a 41MP picture would look better when crammed into a smaller space and not cropped to the same width and height.

The number of pixels purple can upload to Facebook and instagram is limited. Zooming in on one of those pictures and tell me what you see. Clearly these reviews has shown that HTC is top notch per pixel. Of course a 41MP picture would look better when crammed into a smaller space and not cropped to the same width and height.

Seriously, download the raw zip from Engadget, look at the pictures at 1:1, and try and claim with any sincerity that they look better than the other cameras at 1:1. Per pixel the HTC One's camera is crap. Does it matter for Facebook? No. Is that relevant? No. If all you want is pictures for Facebook you can get similar quality from a potato.

Here's hoping the S4's camera is better, although probably not as they are trying to do a 13MP camera which just means even more made up pixels ( for a fun read: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6777/understanding-camera-optics-smartphone-camera-trends/3 )

Seriously, download the raw zip from Engadget, look at the pictures at 1:1, and try and claim with any sincerity that they look better than the other cameras at 1:1. Per pixel the HTC One's camera is crap. Does it matter for Facebook? No. Is that relevant? No. If all you want is pictures for Facebook you can get similar quality from a potato.

Here's hoping the S4's camera is better, although probably not as they are trying to do a 13MP camera which just means even more made up pixels ( for a fun read: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6777/understanding-camera-optics-smartphone-camera-trends/3 )
comparing things "1:1" makes no sense. The 808 packs more than 10 times as many pixels per image vs the One. The argument HTC is making here is that most people uses cellphone camera for social networking purposes. If you need a pro picture, get a professional camera. I don't disagree with that argument, except that I wished it was 8MP so that people could stop complaining. What is the purpose of a cellphone camera when optical zooming isn't available?

I was intending to purchase the AT&T branded unlocked HTC One Developer edition for only one reason - to be able to avoid carrier contracts and insert a T-Mobile SIM. Now it looks like I had better not purchase the Developer Edition? I thought that this model would simply be a no-contract, open SIM phone. Was my thinking wrong? What do I do now?

(Modaco writes)
HTC One: Unlocking your bootloader? Beware!
Mar 14 2013 03:00 PM | PaulOBrien in Android

Is your HTC One arriving tomorrow? Are you planning to unlock the bootloader? Beware!

If you've ever unlocked a bootloader on a device before, you'll know that it wipes the data partition. Not normally a problem as long as you're aware of it. On the HTC One however, there are a number of applications (Calculator, Flashlight, Ringtone Trimmer and Sound Recorder) that are actually not in the main system partition, but are instead installed after a factory reset from a preload directory that lives in... the data partition!

Unfortunately, HTC haven't taken this preload directory into account in the bootloader unlock process - it gets wiped out and in turn those four system applications are gone... permanently! :blink:

Another potentially even more serious side effect is that because the OTA (over-the-air) files check the integrity of existing applications, future OTAs won't apply if you've completed the unlock. The only way back from this situation is going to be a RUU (ROM Update Utility) (when one becomes available) - which will wipe your device again.

I've raised this issue with HTC and they're looking at it with the highest priority, but until such time as we have a resolution (or indeed just a backup of those 4 APKs?) then it's probably wise to hold off on the unlock.

http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/htc-one-unlocking-your-bootloader-beware-r1010

ExpertReviews writes: "While the loss of those (four) applications is annoying, it's hardly critical: alternatives for doing all four tasks are freely available in the Google Play market. Their loss causes another issue, however: once the files are gone, no future software update released by HTC for the One handset will install - instead kicking up an error about the missing applications.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smar...-unlocking-deletes-apps-blocks-future-updates

EDIT: The negative effects of unlocked bootloader also affects the HTC OneX. For those of you who wish to delve deeper into the technical reasons and consequences see Android Revolution blogspot
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/2013/03/negative-effects-of-unlocked-bootloader.html

Last edited:
For those of you not intending to use BlinkFeed this should put the BlinkFeed data and battery usage concern finally to rest :)

"For anyone concerned about data usage, you needn’t be. Blinkfeed won’t cache articles and it won’t auto-update. It will only ever pull in new information when you manually access it, and swipe down when at the top, in a similar way to the Twitter and Facebook apps."

(KnowYourMobile)

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/htc/htc-one/19747/htc-one-review

Voila, knowing this means that anyone with data/battery usage concerns can simply ignore turning off any of the individual feeds,
as long as one doesn't manually access BlinkFeed and swipe down. And besides, BlinkFeed won't even appear as a homescreen at all it you simply set it as a secondary homescreen.

Last edited:
A report has come in from someone yesterday that he purchased the "HTC One Double Dip Hard Shell HC C840" case from the HTC Official Accessory Store. He writes "Took it out of the case last night to have a "naked" play if you like without the case, and noticed two marks on the ally back. One in the dead centre lines up with a moulding lump inside the red top cap of the case, the other to the right top corner. It is the case that has done this, and im really peed off.
have emailed HTC and await a response
Anyone else have this case? check the back of the phone at the top if you do..... "
(AV Forums)
http://www.avforums.com/forums/htc-mobile-phone-forum/1754402-htc-one-dont-use-htc-hard-shell.html

Edit
March 17, 2014
Addendum
Eleven months ago there were issues affecting the edging on the black colored, aluminum enclosed HTC One S (but not on the gray version of that aluminum smartphone). The aluminum went through a process called Micro Arc Oxidation (the aluminum was subjected to high voltage arcing) to carbonize the aluminum and take on a black color. However, the black ceramic like edgings on these particular black colored smartphones were readily susceptible to wear and expose the non-carbonized aluminum underneath. It was an issue that HTC publicly acknowledged and the company issued a return-to-be-fixed announcement.

The author of the below cited article wrote " Please note that only the black version of the One S is treated to this process (hereby referred to as MAO). The gray version should not be affected by this issue at all."

The reporting of that issue occurred eleven months ago, I haven't seen any reports of that problem since that time.
Source: http://www.connect-utb.com/2012/04/potential-design-flaw-on-the-htc-one-s/

Last edited:
A thread entitled "HTC One tiny gap between casing" has been ongoing on the xda-developers forum.

Some early purchasers of the HTC One are reporting that their smartphone's cases have strips of aluminum that are not fitted snugly against the frames of their cases, which on close inspection appear as 'gaps between the casing'.

Those affected are divided between returning the smartphone to the reseller for an exchange, or disregarding the gap and keeping the phone.

It is being reported in the thread that the HTC resellers are cooperatively accepting the phones for exchange. Others who have not yet purchased their HTC One's are posting that they are going to hold off their purchase until such time that HTC releases another batch of the phones to the resellers. The thread does have example photos posted by the owner's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2197732

Last edited:
@Trimlock....actually there is much more to the Anandtech story than just the camera.

From "Final Words".....quote.."The One is without a doubt the best Android smartphone I’ve ever used".....And More...

"For me it’s the camera performance and the highlights reel that really seal the deal. The fact that the One is an excellent looking device built out of top notch materials is just icing on the cake.

The rest of the spec list is equally fitting. I’m glad to see 802.11ac make the list. The great speakers and display are both useful and impressive.
Sense took a real step towards subtlety with 5.0, and it’s finally at a point where I don’t really mind the customizations. My preference is still for vanilla Android, but the latest iteration of Sense is far closer than it has ever been...."

Last edited:
Back