HTC HD2

Yeah, I wonder if HTC will actually do it though. They might wait until they have it customized and set up for their next handset before putting out the update if they even do.

Can hope though :)

Got SPB shell running on this thing and i an very happy with it. the only problem i have now is my very heavy ROM. Hopefully in the next week i can gat a stockish ROM on and see hiw it goes.

I never liked HTC's designs or HTC at all, I think Nexus one is ugly too.

However, HD2 is beautiful! I just wish it was more symmetric like the iPhone, the same space between top and bottom parts, like this:

UMxdZ.jpg

I wonder what HD3 will be like?

Well I am a little late to the party, but I have had the phone on AT&T 3g for about a month now...I live in DFW and have the 850 band all around me, so I have been getting awesome service...

I am in love with this phone...I will admit I was a little disappointed when I first got it and how it seemed to lock up all the time, but after flashing it with a different rom and installing all my software I am in LOVE! ;)

Gamewise I have Age of Empires, Warcraft 2, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES, Guitar Hero, Super KO Boxing, Doom2Rpg... all running great without a hitch...

Software wise I am loving the TomTom I have installed on it, I have a car kit that I have and so I just put my HD2 on it and turn it sideways and I have a landscape TomTom that looks and acts just like my girlfriends...

Camera quality is awesome.

I just installed the eReader for it, so now I have some books to read...act's just like any other ereader which is great...

I have had a few problems from the phone, but a post over at XDA-Developers and I get a fix in the next day or two it seems. :)

If you have any other questions let me know...I did have to import the phone from Australia...as that is the only one that will work on AT&T's 850 band...and the price has actually gone up from when I bought it...And I bet it keeps going up even with the release of the t-mobile one because more at&t people will want it when they see it...

I guess I am not surprised. I mean WinMo7 is not due till around Christmas season. That's a long time in the tech world. Sort of like VideoCards. 9 months can mean a world of difference for hardware and next gen stuff.

If I was going to get a WinMo7 phone I would want it on the newest tech available, not an old HD2.

But my question. Why is T-Mobile even coming out with the HTC HD2 this Spring ? It will be dated very fast. Doesn't seem worth it. Why not wait for a HD3 and WinMo7 later this year ?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Let's say the HD2 will not officially get the 7 upgrade is this still a good competitor compared to the iPhone and Nexus-One ? I thought this HD2 was uber fast and with the Sense-UI was really cool ? Or maybe I'am wrong.

Yeah, I don't think I would upgrade to windows 7 if it comes out on the phone unless it does something really new...at XDA it seems it is about 50/50 on people wanting windows 7 and people like me not caring...

I bought the phone for what it is...I think the Sense UI is the best out there, and I love hacking phones so that is my big turn on for it...

Which ROM did you flash on it? Been contemplating the Telstra version myself as I dont really want T-Mobile but dropping the $$ for the import is not going to happen unless T-Mo's is within a hundred or two no contract.

Have you tried the Edge proxy fix they posted on XDA? Here in DFW with the 850 not much need but just curious.

I flashed with the Romeos rom...I tried duttys but wasnt very stable for me...

and no I havent done the edge proxy since I havent been anywhere that hasnt been getting 3g...yet

Is there any scuttlebutt of this phone, or a variant of this phone, going to the competition. Sadly, T-Mobile has no coverage in my area but I dig this phone.

Is there any scuttlebutt of this phone, or a variant of this phone, going to the competition. Sadly, T-Mobile has no coverage in my area but I dig this phone.
The Supersonic (HD2) is supposedly going to Sprint later this year.

My iPhone had a serious software crash. The only thing I could do was a full update/restore to 3.1.3 so I lost my 3.1.2 jailbreak/unlock. Now, I'm stuck with the stock iPhone and hate it. I was psyched to dump it for the HD2, but might have to hold off until more WinMo 7 info is available.

Last edited:
I love my hd2, some screens of my phone :p (Have to brag)...

Heard its going to sell at T-Mobile for $199/with contract and $449/without.... Just a FYI!!!

201003010912010003111a.jpg
201003010909540000111a.jpg

201003010912370004111a.jpg
201003010912560005111a.jpg

I love my hd2, some screens of my phone :p (Have to brag)...

Heard its going to sell at T-Mobile for $199/with contract and $449/without.... Just a FYI!!!

201003010912010003111a.jpg
201003010909540000111a.jpg

201003010912370004111a.jpg
201003010912560005111a.jpg

Lucky! Looks like a great phone.

I flashed with the Romeos rom...I tried duttys but wasnt very stable for me...

and no I havent done the edge proxy since I havent been anywhere that hasnt been getting 3g...yet

With ATT going mostly 850 the edge hack wont affect too many unless they got the 8585 euro version but thought i'd ask :p

Hmm, I had heard a lot of positive things about Dutty's rom version. Different users and uses though so who knows. Thanks for the reply and very nice screen shots :p

Who is your carrier? There's the already mentioned Incredible and the Supersonic coming, if your on ATT and dont mind the premium you can import the Telstra version. I would but I cant drop that much on a phone right now lol.

If T-Mobiles rumored price is accurate I'm going there until the next big thing comes along. Or the import one's price drops but 300 dollars.. which I doubt will happen :(

I am on Verizon. I don't think the Supersonic is an actual phone. I think it is wishful thinking. It is also my understanding that the Incredible will have a smaller Droid like screen.

If the Supersonic does not surface by June, I'm going to grab the iPhone 4G.

I am on Verizon. I don't think the Supersonic is an actual phone. I think it is wishful thinking. It is also my understanding that the Incredible will have a smaller Droid like screen.

If the Supersonic does not surface by June, I'm going to grab the iPhone 4G.

Yeah I think you may be right about the Supersonic seems like vaporware with nothing new shown since January. While tons of other upcoming phones have been leaked.

Not like WM7 will be out tomorrow for you to buy. The Supersonic and Legend or whatever they are are still coming and eh. Android is still to immature for my tastes.

Still cannot wait to pick up my HD2. With all the lock down I might enjoy WM6.5 more than WM7... Who know's.

Yeah like I said, I am glad that the HD2 won't be getting 7...I love Sense UI...and I hate that 7 is going into lockdown mode...

Hmm... I was waiting for this phone but I don't want it with WinMo 6.5. Just the fact that it is EOL turns me off of this. I would take it with Android+Sense.

I went to my regular T-Mobile store, I know the sales rep pretty well, he has had the new HD2 for 2 weeks himself for testing and showing off to customers. He currently uses a iPhone3GS on T-Mo SIM card as his standard everyday phone.

He likes this new HD2 alot he said, but not 100% enough to have him ditch is iPhone. But for videos and entertainment it blows his iPhone out of the water, it also has Mobile-TV to watch current live TV streaming.

But this phone is not enough for him

I went to my regular T-Mobile store, I know the sales rep pretty well, he has had the new HD2 for 2 weeks himself for testing and showing off to customers. He currently uses a iPhone3GS on T-Mo SIM card as his standard everyday phone.

He likes this new HD2 alot he said, but not 100% enough to have him ditch is iPhone. But for videos and entertainment it blows his iPhone out of the water, it also has Mobile-TV to watch current live TV streaming.

But this phone is not enough for him
What about the HD2 is not good enough for him to switch to it? I'll be dumping my iPhone 3GS, too.

What about the HD2 is not good enough for him to switch to it? I'll be dumping my iPhone 3GS, too.

He feels as cool as the HD2 is it does not bring anything major over his custom rooted iPhone. Sure the screen is huge and great for movies and videos but other than that not much different at all over the iPhone and he has a lot of apps he uses on his iPhone not available on the HD2.

He feels as cool as the HD2 is it does not bring anything major over his custom rooted iPhone.

He should tweak the HD2 with a lot of the fun custom stuff out there like his iPhone and he might change that tune. As he has his iPhone set to his tastes and is keeping the demo stock him wanting to hang onto the iPhone set for him makes some sense.

But I would rather have my old phone vs an iPhone lol.

He should tweak the HD2 with a lot of the fun custom stuff out there like his iPhone and he might change that tune. As he has his iPhone set to his tastes and is keeping the demo stock him wanting to hang onto the iPhone set for him makes some sense.

But I would rather have my old phone vs an iPhone lol.

Lol, I like the iPhone certainly. The mobile platform with the most amounts of usable apps and games. Other than that the iPhone is starting to just wear out on me. I would love for ppl to start getting HD2s so it can flood the ebay market and maybe ill pick one up for less than $600. The only damn thing I hated about WM is the speed, but a 1GHZ snap dragon will surely alleviate that.

I know its an unpopular thought but I am giving up on this phone after learning you wont be able to upgrade to W7...Im going to wait it out for the next generation.

I know its an unpopular thought but I am giving up on this phone after learning you wont be able to upgrade to W7...Im going to wait it out for the next generation.
Yeah, I'm with you. It sux, but I'm going to wait for the crop of WM7 phones.

Back