I finally got the courage to try out the Verizon version of HTC's Hero last night and boy am I glad I did. The phone is slower than the DROID and a bit too small as far as the screens concerned, but overall its a great device and definitely my favorite Droid so far. Here are my thoughts comparing the 2.
First off HTC's Sense UI is spectacular. The massive clock widget that shows time, date, day, and temp has been very helpful.
The keyboard used is far superior to the one on DROID. Auto correction does its job and I found hitting the right key happens more frequently.
The browser supports pinch to zoom with no annoying +- icon to get in my way. Every swipe and tap has met with success and I've yet to run into any wild scroll or connectivity issues. When looking at windows open, they are full pages instead of a list.
Unlike the DROID, the screen actually goes dim enough for my eyes to comfortably read in the dark. It's also much more accurately detecting my finger jabs.
Call qualitys fine, although I've not had it long enough to render a final opinion here. Signal strength is better than all of my DROID's.
The charger/usb port is much easier to insert and remove and doesn't fight me like the DROID did.
I'm sure there's more, but if the Eris is an indication of what the Passion will be like, only faster and larger, it will be my next phone.
Anyone else pick up a little hero?
First off HTC's Sense UI is spectacular. The massive clock widget that shows time, date, day, and temp has been very helpful.
The keyboard used is far superior to the one on DROID. Auto correction does its job and I found hitting the right key happens more frequently.
The browser supports pinch to zoom with no annoying +- icon to get in my way. Every swipe and tap has met with success and I've yet to run into any wild scroll or connectivity issues. When looking at windows open, they are full pages instead of a list.
Unlike the DROID, the screen actually goes dim enough for my eyes to comfortably read in the dark. It's also much more accurately detecting my finger jabs.
Call qualitys fine, although I've not had it long enough to render a final opinion here. Signal strength is better than all of my DROID's.
The charger/usb port is much easier to insert and remove and doesn't fight me like the DROID did.
I'm sure there's more, but if the Eris is an indication of what the Passion will be like, only faster and larger, it will be my next phone.
Anyone else pick up a little hero?
Last edited: