HTC 10

The VM app, the Unlock app, the "My T-Mobile" app, the T-Mobile TV stuff... I have the unlocked, but those are the traditional crap that they put on the phones. No, it's nowhere near AT&T or Verizon, but why have it at all?

Yeah, that's the thing -- the subsidized plans were illusory. You were paying for the phone through your bill the entire time, even if you held on to your phone for more than 2 years. So long as your carrier actually drops the monthly rate accordingly, you're not paying more than you were before. And if you were already a fan of unlocked phones, you're finally saving money.

That's the thing they never do. They only drop the monthly like 5 or 10 bucks if you lease/finance. I did the numbers on my plan and I would pay like $400 over a 2 year span. Of course I lose out if I don't get another phone every contract period. Lucky for me, my phones either die or I drop em. The only way I would consider paying outright for a phone would be like if the phone cost $350 and the monthly dropped from 80$ to something like $35 for the same service.

Not trying to necro this thread but give an HTC experience update.

This phone was for my wife, whom loves HTC for whatever unknown reason. She's had the HTC M7, M8, A9 and now the HTC10. I bought it for her at launch unlocked from HTC. Paid full price. A few weeks shy of the 1 year warranty going out the home button quits working so she sends it in. They keep it for a few weeks and return it with a replaced main-board, only to find out that the speaker no longer works. Off it goes again and two weeks later it returns this time missing the SIM card tray. We call them up and they state "we're sold out of replacement SIM card trays" and questioned us on why we would "send the SIM tray in with the phone for repairs"? Are you Fn kidding me?

The issue has been escalated to their supervisors but I have little hope of a resolution. HTC customer service is god awful - in my experience at least. Their devices are nothing special. I really tried to talk her out of an HTC but... here we are. Won't buy another one.

Back