HP ZR24w

Why would there be a delay for this monitor? It ain't like the Chinese new year varies. I've only heard about new plants being opened, which are able to better produce larger displays. Shouldn't this make 24" panels easier to get?

Seems less likely the delay is from availability and more from market economics stopping new technology from immerging until consumers start shunning the old.

I was hoping to have this sitting on my desk by now.

I'm holding off on buying the U2410 aswell, seeing as this promises sRGB and lower price, but if they delay for much longer I just might bite the bullet and fork out that 560€ they're asking for the Dell.

This is very interesting, I really wanna see reviews of this as I'm currently trying to decide on what to buy.. Now to calm that itchy buying finger down a bit....

So any more news as far as release or retail price? I'm looking into getting this if the price is around $425.

lol guys, if theres new itll be posted. if it hasnt been posted, it probably hasnt come out yet.

End of February is already knocking on the door and still no sign of a ZR24w... I'm afraid this monitor won't be available in Europe anytime soon... :(

...I may be wrong, but if I remember well, the 2475 had appeared end of summer, or early September of 2008.

oh well, I gave up. I bought the Dell U2410 rev a01 (guaranteed) and it should be arriving in a few days.
I needed a new monitor really bad and cannot wait for this one any longer.

I know I'll regret the decision but I've been waiting for 2 months now. And besides even if it's announced this week or next week it will still take some time till I have it on my desk.

The U2410 seems very nice (my friend has one), but the main turnoff is the price. If the ZR24w is indeed between $400-$450 then I'm sold. I really do hope they release soon.

When my patience flies away, the U2410 comes to the rescue :D
I have been waiting since the first week of January, and I am bored of waiting... I have purchased the U2410 two hours ago.

Also, I have seen that the 2475w will not be discontinued, there will be two models, the "entry level" zr24w and the "advanced" 2475w...

I will receive the dell in 4 or 5 days, so HP has little time to launch the ZR24w...

I know no one has experience with the ZR24w yet, but in anyone's opinion if I found a really good deal on a U2410 should I pull the trigger or continue to wait for the ZR24w? I don't want to be kicking myself down the road. I would be gaming and light/moderate photo editing.

Since you've asked for an opinion, here is mine: If you can wait, wait. If not, get the U2410. I would not expect the ZR24w to hit stores within the next month (though i really can't tell). If you are not in urgent need of a new display, the ZR24w might get you the decent 24" real-sRGB IPS display we're all waiting for.

I, for one, couldn't wait any longer and ordered the U2410 today. Now I'm praying for 0 defective pixels and no visible tints...

Hrm...I'm sort of conflicted. Though I may end up buying a U2410 within the next few days. I have to find a good price, though. If anyone knows an online retailer with a good price, please let me know.

You can find them on eBay new with A01 firmware for $450 with 8% Bing cashback if that helps?

The $450 does sound tempting, but I'd rather have warranty in case something goes wrong. Thanks though.

Come on HP release the screen already! How hard can it be.
They lose customers every day when it's delayed.
I hope they read this thread and see that they lose customers because of the delay..

Not so fast there Erasmus, the few I saw all had a 3 year warranty. ;)

Not so fast there Bladestorm, Dell will not honor the warranty because you are not the original purchaser. Go read the U2410 thread...

The Ebay seller can say whatever they want, it doesn't make Dell take the thing back when it breaks.

Not so fast there Bladestorm, Dell will not honor the warranty because you are not the original purchaser. Go read the U2410 thread...

The Ebay seller can say whatever they want, it doesn't make Dell take the thing back when it breaks.

That might be true outside of the US. Is there a particular page on the U2410 thread I should be looking at? I perused it and cannot find mention of anyone being turned down from Dell just because they purchased their monitor from eBay.

if you read some of the seller feedbacks from in ebay, it looks like dell was still giving ebay buyers their warranty.

Come on HP release the screen already! How hard can it be.
They lose customers every day when it's delayed.
I hope they read this thread and see that they lose customers because of the delay..

Meh, they'll get more customers later on anyways.

That might be true outside of the US. Is there a particular page on the U2410 thread I should be looking at? I perused it and cannot find mention of anyone being turned down from Dell just because they purchased their monitor from eBay.

That's exactly what I saw from one seller I was looking at. If you read further it says that while they do accept foreign orders, the warranty is not valid for anyone outside the US. So if you're buying from outside the US, you're SOL with regards to warranty.

if you read some of the seller feedbacks from in ebay, it looks like dell was still giving ebay buyers their warranty.

Not always...

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19263699/19447561.aspx

Reseller monitor warranty policy (Ebay)
Contact the reseller and get his Dell order number for the monitor. That order number will tell us the start and end date of the warranty. If he paid for the warranty, we can transfer the monitor warranty into your name. If he cannot provide a Dell order number, he most likely did not buy the warranty coverage and bought them from us in as is condition.

That is Dell's official policy. So unless you can get info from the Ebay seller, and assuming they actually bought monitors with a warranty you are SOL.

Thats true, so make sure the seller will have the order numbers of the monitor. The ebay seller I've been talking too guarantees order numbers with your order....

Not to get OT but,,
If you have a Dell Premier account you can get it for $449 and free shipping ;)
2410.jpg

Thats true, so make sure the seller will have the order numbers of the monitor. The ebay seller I've been talking too guarantees order numbers with your order....

I've read through the comments on the seller I've been looking at and it seems that the seller is very good with the warranty stuff and helping out with anything needed.

@ZoSo: Is the Dell Premier account for businesses only? How does that work?

Yes Premier is for businesses, you can get some pretty awesome discounts on stuff. I had to configure a $5,000+ laptop (had to be over 5000) and it was hard to do. The regular website had the laptop at 9,000 and with the discount it was brought down to like 5,179.

Back