HP ZR24w

im in the market for a new monitor, need one soon, from the description/specs does the 24" look like it could be used as a gaming monitor only? i see the dell 24" ips panel has the gaming mode, wonder if this one might have the same. i'm still crt at home and ips at work, so im nervous of going TN way after all i've read.

It does not appear to be E-IPS. Data sheet says S-IPS (H2-IPS). H-IPS / S-IPS are a step above E-IPS.
I know what the data sheet says but it seems these can't be always trusted especially when this is first one with "H2-IPS" panel.

Last edited:
Anyone hear or see anything more yet?
I wish they would release this already. I need a monitor bad, I'm ready to just order the U2410.

I have an LP2475W with the S-IPS... it's worth a lot more than those. Is there any reason to believe this would be better? I'm thinking of getting a 3-monitor setup going and was planning on two more LP2475W's, or should I wait on this?

Vash63: Hard to tell because no one actually played with the ZR24w yet but I doesn't seem to give you huge advantages over LP2475w, no (from the specs).

Stand is the only thing I don't like the look of, but with swivel and height adjustment I can't complain too much.

This is looking more attractive to me than the LP2475 - It has 97% sRGB (i.e. normal gamut). This is also listed as S-IPS (Data sheet says S-IPS [H2-IPS]) and with 5ms G2G I'm hoping it's pretty blur-free. If the input lag is under 16ms, it should be an excellent gaming monitor in addition to being a good all around display.

Vash63: Hard to tell because no one actually played with the ZR24w yet but I doesn't seem to give you huge advantages over LP2475w, no (from the specs).

sRGB native is a big advantage to me.

I have the LP2475w and I have absolutely no regrets, wide gamut or no. Using this H-IPS based monitor is a joy in and of itself. I would expect the ZR24w to be no different.

if that $425 price is correct there will be inventory issues, with the Dell U2410 retailing at $599 the HP will blow them out of the water. of course we need some reviews first, if the panel is worse then its not even worth $425.

when you think about it though, its about time for IPS Panels to come down in price, regular LCD panels have crashed why not IPS? Tough choice now is 120hz 24" monitor or IPS 24" monitor, or both, one for games, one for photo editing :cool:

well the HP LP2475W has been discontinued as of late last week

\o/ hopefully we will see the new 24 out very very soon

Hmm, getting this now:
Code:
Sorry, we can't find that page.
The page you are looking for is no longer available or has been moved.

on the specs there, its listed as 72% sRGB. isnt that rather poor? i thought i saw someplace that it was 97%.

i emailed hp about this yesterday. the response is about what i expected.

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.

As an HP representative, I do not have any information regarding HP product release dates. Typically, HP does not announce product release dates in advance, because HP does not want to set customers' expectations and then for some unforeseen reason not be able to deliver a product on the promised date. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Frustrating indeed, one can only wonder why it has not been released yet I have been holding off also and I can tell you I am feeling just as trouble by the wait as its now the 20th.

Been delayed eh, go figure kind of disappointed that we have to wait longer not surprised but ugh.

Back