• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP Unveils First Collaboration with Voodoo PC

sladesurfer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
1,142
:) http://www.dailytech.com/HP+Unveils+First+Collaboration+with+Voodoo+PC/article8691.htm

Video review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Lu...iews/hp-blackbird-002-with-voodoo-dna-desktop

HP's new Blackbird 002 is the result of the a year's worth of collaboration with Voodoo PC

The new Blackbird 002 chassis features a completely aluminum chassis sporting a wedge-shaped design. HP’s Blackbird 002 features a hover design, where the chassis sits on a cast aluminum stand for a hovering look. The cast aluminum stand raises the chassis off the ground to provide airflow to the system’s 1100 Watt power supply mounted at the bottom of the chassis. The stand can also support up to 600 pounds, allowing users to stand on the system or set a couple concrete blocks on it.

HP touts the Blackbird 002’s superior thermal capabilities. The Blackbird 002 features a sealed, maintenance free water-cooling system. The water-cooling system cools the processor and graphics cards while keeping the system quiet. HP also touts the chassis’ isolated design, keeping every component chamber isolated and preventing hot air from contaminating the cool air stream.

The chassis also features a completely tool-less design, allowing owners to remove or replace all components without the needs of any tools. HP equips the Blackbird 002 with plenty of lighting. The chassis features accent and task lighting, according to Mark Solomon, lead designer, HP Gaming. Accent lighting highlights certain aspects of the Blackbird 002 such as the stand and front grille while task lighting highlights helpful portions of the case such as the chassis interior and rear ports.





hp-blackbird-hands-on-06.jpg


hp-blackbird-hands-on-07.jpg


hp-blackbird-hands-on-09.jpg


Review of the system http://www.hothardware.com/articles/HP_Blackbird_002_High_Performance_Gaming_System/?page=1














 
Looks pretty sweet but they mention how the parts are off the shelf. Wonder how easy it will be to change those graphics cards as they are water cooled and if HP will have mounting hardware for the graphic card coolers for newer cards.
 
I doubt you have to worry about it getting stolen. The HP website specs this at 72lbs. :eek:
 
Looks pretty cool.

;)Told you Eagle. The coolest thing is the sata backplane. No messing with sata or power cables - just slide the drives in.

All in all I think it is a polished machine for HP's first gaming rig, and it tops the XPS IMAO. Though I'd opt for better fans, 3/8" tubing, and a small reservoir.
 
wow im really impressed, especially coming from voodoo, excellent looking chassis
 
The case is nice and I like the hard drive cage but.....vesa ports on the side panel? Non matching side panels? I think it's kinda lame to put "Voodoo DNA" on it literally...It sounds good as a description, not as a badge. Also why did they put the latch on front? They could've easily hidden it.

Other than that, it's spot on what I was thinking it'd be. Basically a Dell XPS case with vertical aluminum fins instead of horizontal ones. The insides are a vast difference though. Aside from all that, I can't help but wonder what is going to happen to Voodoo PC's because HP is eating their own when they design high end cases under the HP brand and continue producing old cases for Voodoo......that is, unless they're producing new cases for the entire voodoo line as well....they'd have to top this one.
 
I think it's kinda lame to put "Voodoo DNA" on it literally...It sounds good as a description, not as a badge.

As long as they don't put "HP DNA" on VooDoo PCs. It just doesn't have the same ring to it.
 
Cooling looks horrible. Thats what a case is all about forget the looks. To heavy... Junk in my book. Though I would not mind having the hardware.
 
HP says you can stand on it. But i think i'd give up 10lbs of structure to lose 100lbs of rated weight support (you'd still be able to stand on it).
 
I love some of the design ideas, but I'm having a hard time with the "stand"
 
I can dig it. I actually dig the 'foot' too simply because its different but not tacky, and its about time we start seeing something different and functional in this industry.


However, its still not as sexy as a Voodoo Omen.... ;)

big_sideopen2resize.jpg
 
I just want the case, but it needs windowed side panels. I want to see what I have inside. I think they should have powder coated the inside black though, but those are my only complaints, oh and that PSU has to go, not interested in modular. Toss in a P C Power & Cooling 1000 watt and it would be awesome.
 
FYI for those that don't wanna read HP's site about it... the case is 100% Aluminum, there is 0 steel and very little plastic in it!!! :D
 
You know after thoroughly examining the pictures, they missed one very needed modification.....the I/O panel (for the motherboard) is not black to match! Cmon! :D
 
You know after thoroughly examining the pictures, they missed one very needed modification.....the I/O panel (for the motherboard) is not black to match! Cmon! :D

PCI slot covers should be black as well. Hell the inside should be too. Still pretty good for a big time oem.
 
Back
Top