HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

newegg has probably seen the chaos involved with putting these at 99 bucks and doesnt want to bring down their entire site just so someone can get a cheap tablet. i dont blame them they probably make more money in 20 minutes than they would selling 4000 touchpads at 99 bucks.

Please do not jinx OnSale.com, as far as I'm aware they only sold out this morning and I bought mine yesterday. Estimated shipping date is August 22-23 and estimated delivery is August 25-30 (you can see more details on your invoice). The payment is pending on my cc.

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread but has anyone ordered from HP received cancellation issues on the 32GB due to depleted inventory?

At this point I really hope Newegg smartens up and lowers the price like everyone else has. Something tells me they're not really out of stock but rather have set the item that way to stop people from ordering and trying to "price match" which is something all their CSR's have been saying they won't do but plenty of people were ordering anyway with that idea in mind.

I've got an order in at CostCentral but they've been swamped all day and my order status has not changed which isn't a good sign. Last I heard in the Slickdeals thread, they brought in their whole staff just to process all the orders on a first ordered first served basis and that they might not be through shipping orders out until Thursday. That's a long time to be uncertain as to whether my order would make the cutoff or not.

I got one in my cart at Tigerdirect within like a minute of them putting the sale price up earlier but couldn't make it through checkout before the site got throttled.I was a couple steps from completing the order when it refused to continue. In fact it still says I have one item in my cart at $99.99 but when I click the cart there's nothing actually there :(.

One of these and a subscription to Hulu would be perfect for my mom. I really hope I'm able to get one for her.

If you guys are looking for a quality leather case to put your new TouchPad in I ordered a couple of these rooCASE's from PCMicroStore. The brand gets high reviews on Amazon.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/SearchResult.aspx?kbid=1030&q=kw:HP+Touchpad+case&SSAID=101512

Use coupon 20OFFTABLET for 20% off.

Thanks for the headsup on a good quality case. The one that was bundled at Fry's is a complete and total pice of shit. It is only two pieces of plastic enveloped by some cheap chinese fabric.

Anyone's HP EPP order still "item being processed"? Placed the order Friday night, hasn't updated since.

Thanks for the headsup on a good quality case. The one that was bundled at Fry's is a complete and total pice of shit. It is only two pieces of plastic enveloped by some cheap chinese fabric.

Yea thx in for one.

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread but has anyone ordered from HP received cancellation issues on the 32GB due to depleted inventory?

They're honoring orders. If it's on backorder, they are receiving additional units and you're first in line before they put it back up on their store.

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,

Your HP Business Promotions Team

Anyone's HP EPP order still "item being processed"? Placed the order Friday night, hasn't updated since.

Mine's still on "item being processed". A buddy at work ordered his a few minutes before I did and his was shipped. We both ordered on Friday night.

Has anyone been shopping around on eBay for a budget TouchPad case? I was, and price-gouging is in full swing. Some Chinese sellers had foldable leather case/stand cases, the cheapest ones with slow shipping were $9, then standard shipping was $11, and expedited shipping was ~$14. Now, the cheapest one with economy shipping (2 weeks +) is $12.50.

:mad: :(

The people who dont Facespace whats it say?

The person who posted right before me quoted them already, basically order from the weekend will begin shipping soon. No mention or threat of cancellations.

My HPA just got shipped out today and I ordered at 9:30 EST on Friday. I had item being processed the whole time too. Did you ever get a confirmation email?

Woot, Onsale updated everyone on Facebook a little while ago,

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002792631622&sk=wall&closeTheater=1

Looks like no cancellations from the weekend!

(EDIT:Guess I'm a little slow today)

got the BN cancel notice a few min ago.:(
Ordered 1215pm est Sunday night

I lost 3 from the same BN news, I just a cancellation email and I bought about 1am est Sunday night.

I did however order 2 from OpenShop so those are still up in there.

If I don't get these two I will be really let down.. I'm excited to play with WebOS, and of course Android seems to be coming along.

http://www.touch-droid.com/

Should've jumped on this. If anyone finds some let me know please.

just got two from Amazon (if they don't cancel) but they are out again. just keep looking around and you will find some. still a lot to clear out of inventory. (I would keep up with slickdeals, that is how I found mine)

To everyone who ordered from onSale, I found this on the Amazon discussion, and I'm transcribing it verbatim:

:D:D:D

However now this

Thank you for calling to inquire about the status of your HP Touchpad order. When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers, were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad. We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill. Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory. At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner. If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience as we deal with this unprecedented event.

- OnSale

I'm concerned now :(

I had two orders in with B&N that I placed within minutes of the deal going live last night. The first one changed immediately to 'unable to process order' so I placed the second using a cc and order status today showed it on track to ship the 24th. About an hour ago I got two copies of the B&N cancellation email and logged into their site expecting the worst. Surprisingly however, only the 'unable to process order' item was cancelled and the other still shows active.

I wonder what the odds are I'll see that tablet...

Also the onsale orders apparently had a limit of 2 per memory config, so if you placed quantities less than that I would hope you have a higher chance of getting your order than the resellers will.

The way discussions are going on Amazon and SlickDeals, its almost like people are trying to egg people into cancelling their orders by posting fake information, a lot of it being contradicted on official channels. Fact is, until the order is either shipped or is cancelled we know nothing.

Out of what I ordered

B&N - Got the cancellation email, but of course paypal funds still on hold
CostCentral- Order confirmation at 8/21 6:40PM EST, it read 7116 in stock as of 6:40PM (you believe it?)
onSale- 8/21 5:05PM EST, same del. est. as everyone, they were live for about 4hrs, not holding my breath on this one either
HP SMB store- 8/22 just after 12AM, was having trouble getting the order in so accidentally made 2 orders, 3:42PM today got this "assured that your order has been captured" could this one be the best bet? I got a weird feeling none of these are coming through

Back