HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

16 gig $105.79 shipped thru Amazon at onsale.com---phew, only took 10 hrs :)

Finally, thx to all for this thread, my daughter is going to love her bday present. Maybe now I can get my Transformer back :)

I bought a 16gb from CostCentral since i wanted to cancel the 32GB from Onsale but i was too late. So now i have a 32GB and a 16GB.

Was able to cancel a 2x32GB order from OnSale, and reorder for 2x16GB. I didn't see that they had the 16GB versions at first, but since my wife and I really won't need to store much on these it's worth saving $100. Besides, now she doesn't have to worry about messing up her laptop in the kitchen :p

Now to see if they ship!

Well, how much do you value the extra 16gb? Otherwise it's the same machine. You can get a 16gb MicroSD class10 card for cheap these days (I saw one at Costco for $24).

Nice try. The TouchPad doesn't have a media card reader or storage expansion in any way besides cloud/online.

So if you really want those Android apps or perhaps want to dual-boot or just have a reasonably large media collection on it, you will want the 32GB.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice try. The TouchPad doesn't have a media card reader or storage expansion in any way besides cloud/online.

So if you really want those Android apps or perhaps want to dual-boot or just have a reasonably large media collection on it, you will want the 32GB.

Android apps take up lots of space?

lol, that's a lie. I've seen other websites claim they had 7,000 of a hard drive and I placed an order and they never had it in stock.

Makes me think none of these orders will be fullfilled

See the problem is everyone wants one, so people are purchasing like 2-3 from different retailers hoping one of them gets cancelled then by the time they are ready to cancel the extras, its too late.

Happened to me :)

Purchased 4 from Amazon for friends at the office. Total of 6 Touchpads ordered :eek:

See the problem is everyone wants one, so people are purchasing like 2-3 from different retailers hoping one of them gets cancelled then by the time they are ready to cancel the extras, its too late.

Happened to me :)

I've ordered 2, the last from Amazon because I'm not sure the first is good, I previously posted this about it -

Got an order confirmation # during checkout, but no email yet, ordered from Hp Small Business site.

Took forever to get it to process, keep getting some error crap, I'm sure their server's are getting slammed.

See what happens...

Well, just checked my order status and:

We are unable to process your order, please contact a representative at 1-800-888-9909.

Order number: XXXXXXX
Order date: 8/21/2011

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB-Black - This unit has full warranty but does not qualify for the return policy!

Subtotal: $99.00
(Estimated) Tax: $7.86
Shipping: $21.87 (nasty shipping huh?)
Total: $128.73

Hmmm... Guess I'll try to call on Monday.

So who the @#$% knows what I'll end up with, maybe nothing...

The 16GB model is a different number than the regular 16 GB model. The normal one is FB355UA and the one in your link is FB454UT

Does anyone know the difference?

Identical specifications as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158004

HP
Model
TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB
Part#
FB454UT#ABA
Operating System
HP webOS 3.0
CPU Type
Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core
CPU Speed
APQ8060(1.2GHz)
Screen Size
9.7"
LCD Features
LED backlight
Multitouch display (capacitive)

IPS wide-viewing-angle technology

Multitouch glass display with a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance

Display Type
XGA
Resolution
1024 x 768
Graphics
GPU/VPU
Qualcomm Adreno core 220

Hard Drive
HDD
16GB Storage
Memory
1GB

Communications
WLAN
Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication
Bluetooth
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support

Ports
USB
Charger / microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Audio Ports
3.5mm stereo headset / headphone / microphone jack
Audio
Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio
Supplemental Drive
Webcam
Front-facing 1.3MP camera and digital microphone for live video calling

Power
Battery
6300mAh (typical) lithium-polymer battery

Physical spec
Dimensions
9.45" x 7.48" x 0.54"

Weight
1.6 lbs

Features
Other Features
SUPPORTED FORMATS
Audio: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV

Video: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

Documents:
- .jpg, .gif (images)
- .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
- .htm and .html (web pages)
- .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat)
- .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .txt (text)
- .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

HP Care Pack services are available for an additional fee.
Function
Internet Tablet

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157863

HP

Model
TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB

Part#
FB355UA#ABA

Operating Systems

Operating System
HP webOS 3.0

CPU

CPU Type
Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core

CPU Speed
APQ8060(1.2GHz)

Display

Screen Size
9.7"

LCD Features
LED backlight

Multitouch display (capacitive)

IPS wide-viewing-angle technology

Multitouch glass display with a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance

Display Type
XGA

Resolution
1024 x 768

Graphics

GPU/VPU
Qualcomm Adreno core 220

Hard Drive

HDD
16GB Storage

Memory

Memory
1GB

Communications

WLAN
Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication

Bluetooth
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support

Ports

USB
Charger / microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed

Audio Ports
3.5mm stereo headset / headphone / microphone jack

Audio

Audio
Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio

Supplemental Drive

Webcam
Front-facing 1.3MP camera and digital microphone for live video calling

Power

Battery
6300mAh (typical) lithium-polymer battery

Physical spec

Dimensions
9.45" x 7.48" x 0.54"

Weight
1.6 lbs

Features

Other Features
HP gloss black color

SUPPORTED FORMATS
Audio: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV

Video: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

Documents:
- .jpg, .gif (images)
- .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
- .htm and .html (web pages)
- .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat)
- .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .txt (text)
- .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

Function
Internet Tablet

Just pick up two via Amazon thanks OP and the other people with the updates :D I told my dad about it and he also bought another one for himself lol

I got in on this. Sure hope there is a good epub reader or an Android port soon.

Finally got to place an order through amazon for onsale... hope it goes through. The wife just wants something she can check email and internet on while downstairs without lugging her laptop down from the game room...

Tempted to buy one ....... or ten

I don't want to get stuck with worthless, unsupported crap tho

This is fucking nuts. I listed them on ebay less than five minutes ago and already have 73 views.

Why are there so many damn bids for these tablets on ebay? I see them going for over 200$$$ whaaat?

I think the real value of these tablets will skyrocket once Android is officially confirmed on these things.

Looks like the Onsale amazon prices are done, they jumped back up to $3-400.

I got lucky, ordered 5 about 15 minutes before the prices changed. Friend wanted one, I'm gonna be playing with one and the rest are stocking stuffers for my family lol.

Yous gets the cancelled?

I ordered 3 from Amazon. (16GB)

Not yet.

OnSale was live for like, what, 4 hours?

I watched stock go from 5000 to 200, back up to 5000 to 200, over and over again

Unless they're sitting on 300k of these, someone is getting a dildo in the butt..

In got one, looks like I'm going to be able to use that in class as a reader.

As of a couple minutes ago this link or trying to go to MacMall directly literally freezes up Firefox and sends core-0 of my triple core 720 BE through the roof. It locks Firefox right up. I have never seen that before.

I am really teed off atm. I placed an order via them and when it got to the verification page where it tells you not to reload or hit the back button it just sat and spun for a good 15 minutes. So I finally got tired of waiting and closed it. Now I can't get back to their crappy site to check the order status to see if it even went through.

And the kicker!? Their auto bot spam email system was working long enough to take my new account info and put me on their trash mailing list. I got THAT email. No order confirmation but I am now in the database and receiving their spam. What a joke.

Back