HP R3000Z laptop $399.99 AR at Office Depot. Starts SUNDAY

pxc said:
There's a new deal starting Sunday the 20th (as seen on FW in quotes):
Presario R3000z
AXP-M 2800+
256MB
40GB
32MB go 440
CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo (upgrade from last deal)
WinXP Home
15" XGA LCD
12-cell battery (upgrade from last deal)
free HP 3847 inkjet printer (upgrade from last deal)

"Configuration code will be 03018562"

"$859.99 - $30.00 compaq MIR - $50.00 HP Printer MIR - $100.00 OD MIR - $100.00 OD MIR - $50.00 instant savings - $30.00 printer instant savings = $499.99"AR

Not as great of a deal, but if you need a printer, CD burner/DVD-ROM and the larger battery this is just as good as the last one. I might buy this on Sunday with the Athlon64 3000+ (plus 64MB Go 440 & firewire since it's required with that option), DVD burner and WiFi ($662AR) and dump the printer. I always wanted an Athlon 64 laptop with decent battery life. This review said the 12 cell battery lasted 3 hours 40 minutes with the A64 3000+ R3000z model.

Geez, I just bought an Inspiron 1150 for $297AC from the Dell outlet that's being delivered today.

Depending on the cost of the printer, it WOULD be identical with the original offer, EXCEPT...

The 12 Cell was extra, as was the base 440 Go (if you didn't upgrade the CPU, you didn't need the 440 Go; it added $25 plus the upgrade cost of the CPU, a hidden gotcha), as was the Combo Drive.... I went for all three options.
Darn.

I'm thinking that if I cancel my current, I can pick this up $100 cheaper than the first deal. I thought the first deal was DoTD... this one beats it.

RGMBill said:
Depending on the cost of the printer, it WOULD be identical with the original offer, EXCEPT...

The 12 Cell was extra, as was the base 440 Go (if you didn't upgrade the CPU, you didn't need the 440 Go; it added $25 plus the upgrade cost of the CPU, a hidden gotcha), as was the Combo Drive.... I went for all three options.
Darn.

I'm thinking that if I cancel my current, I can pick this up $100 cheaper than the first deal. I thought the first deal was DoTD... this one beats it.
I don't think you can cancel these orders. I tried calling TechDepot a month ago to cancel my first one and they wouldn't allow it. I had to wait for the laptop to arrive, then I returned it to the store. Sorry :)

I just got back from ordering one of these. The $50 and $30 instant discounts were subtracted even though I did a custom config (unlike what others were saying on the first page):

$49.99 HP deskjet 3875 ($79.99 - $30 instant savings)
$10.00 MS Money/Works
$1.00 MS Windows XP Home :D
$80.00 64MB GF4 440 go + 1394
$31.00 54g Broadcom 802.11b/g
$105.00 AMD 64 3000+
$93.00 Compaq Presario R3000z "($50 Instant Savings taken off the price)"
$125.00 256MB DDR SDRAM (LOL)
$75.00 40GB 4200RPM HD
$50.00 12 cell Li-Ion battery
$150.00 DVD/CD-RW combo drive
$150.00 15" XGA LCD
$45.00 shipping charge :mad:
--------
$964.99 - $280 in rebates = $685AR :D

I'll dump the printer and have an A64 laptop for under $700 after tax. The upgrades came out $15 higher than TechDepot: $80 for A64 3000+ vs $75 @ TD, $30 for 802.11b/g vs $25 @ TD and $30 for 64MB GF4 440 go vs $25 @ TD. They wouldn't pricematch. :(

very close to what I got there, but why didn't you go for the widescreen viewbright screen? Did you see them? If you did, how did you resist?!

Golden_Salmon said:
very close to what I got there, but why didn't you go for the widescreen viewbright screen? Did you see them? If you did, how did you resist?!

I have one with the 1680x1050 screen the screen is pretty amazing.

Golden_Salmon said:
I saw it and it wasn't worth it to me. For about $125 (my limit) over the $499AR price I could either get:

screen upgrade
-or-
Athlon 64 + video card upgrade/firewire + WiFi

Simple choice. :p

RGMBill said:
<muttering under breath> Joe, you ordered one hour after me (you ordered at 11 something EST, I ordered at 10:30 EST). Mine is still processing; I got back from San Diego hoping to have a nice shiny laptop to play with... or at least drool over it as my wife takes it. Or maybe just have it on the anniversary... but the darn thing is still being built!

I thought they said I'd get it 10 Business days later... that would be... um, TODAY.

</muttering under my breath>

Hey good going Joe. Of course, I speced mine out, you went with the base... so yours they probably already had waiting and ready. One of the benefits of ordering off the shelf.

I'll post my impression of mine when it gets here... now I'm going to crank the Eagles "One of the Days"....

Well, it shipped.... TODAY. It should have BEEN here last week.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

The suspense is killing me. And my new baby's in China right now, far from her new daddy....

Ok, so I need to get a grip (on the laptop). At least, I know that it SHOULD be here in a couple days, but at $45 for shipping, they should overnight the darn thing after this long... it's been two weeks today.

RGMBill said:
Well, it shipped.... TODAY. It should have BEEN here last week.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

The suspense is killing me. And my new baby's in China right now, far from her new daddy....

Ok, so I need to get a grip (on the laptop). At least, I know that it SHOULD be here in a couple days, but at $45 for shipping, they should overnight the darn thing after this long... it's been two weeks today.

Chill out bro...once it says it shipped, you'll get it by thursday. As far as FedEx is concerned, the package is delivered overnight...once it hits the US coast.

So the ad this week says that it is $499 after rebates and you get the printer. How much is each upgrade? I am looking to get the A64 3000+, the 440/1394 video, built in wireless, 80GB 5400 RPM HDD, and BriteView screen. I am wondering what each of those upgrades cost.

FlipperBizkut said:
So the ad this week says that it is $499 after rebates and you get the printer. How much is each upgrade? I am looking to get the A64 3000+, the 440/1394 video, built in wireless, 80GB 5400 RPM HDD, and BriteView screen. I am wondering what each of those upgrades cost.
$80 A64 3000+
$30 440/1394 video
$30 built in wireless
~$45 80GB 5400 RPM HDD (approx... between $40 and $50)
$125 BrightView screen (i think)

I got the first 3, so i'm sure about those prices. The last 2 are from what I remember when configuring in-store.

edit: one cool thing about this laptop is it can be overclocked with ClockGen. One guy on FW got his R3000z/A64 3000+ (1.8GHz) to 2090MHz. :D

FlipperBizkut said:

If you go through the whole thread, a bunch of us posted configuration/price data on the last time this went through ($399, but not with the 12 Cell, Go, etc., and no printer).

The 5400rpm 80 was quite a bit of a bump from the 60 I bought though; seems to me, it was an extra $75 or so; the 4500 rpm 60 was the sweet spot then.

RGMBill said:

Darn.

You know, it took me three days to spot my error.

After the change in price and specs, the math says this is only $5 cheaper in price, except you get the printer, too.

So, no need to cancel my current; for $5, I'll suck it up, and I've got two spare printers (working) and two more I could rapidly get working, so I don't need another (have working a Cannon BJ500EX, HP Deskjet 712P Color, Minolta QMS 1000DL Color Laser w/32MB, have "semi working" Smith Corona POS (>20 years old, Daisy Wheel; I'm not sure I could even hook it up to one of the more recent computers, it's just for my ancient TI99) and an HP LaserJet IIP w/2.5MB). Why do I need yet another Inkjet? I barely use the Cannon as it is... and we only use the 712P when we take a laptop downstairs to play D&D.

Boy...my frugaltiy really got the best of me. I am in the process of looking for a mini-pci wifi card for this beast and have run into some roadblocks.

For starters, the BIOS has a whitelist for approved wifi cards. Allegedly, the only cards that work are based on the Broadcom BCM94306MP chipset. This isn't too much of a problem...it seems as if there are only two manufacturers of wifi chipsets, intel and broadcom.

Second hurdle...Compaq/HP is run by cheap bastards. Apparently, each level of screen has two part numbers...one for the screen with antennae and one for the screen alone. Some people on the net speculate that models w/o wifi preinstalled do not have the antennae integrated already. But no one seems to know for sure. I don't think anyone has actually opened these up to find out. I was going to do that last night, but fell asleep. Hopefully I can try tonight.

Does anyone know if opening voids the warranty for sure? There aren't any void-your-warranty stickers on the outside.

Yep Joe, that's probably gonna bite you in the a$$.

I haven't looked on this compaq, my my old P3-700 compaq lappy that just got retired had nasty messages in the warranty about opening the case. According to that old warranty, if you weren't an authorized service rep and you opened the case you voided the warranty. I had opened the case once just to see how it was laid out inside then while I was overseas my wife carried it to a service rep. (Stupid problem I could have fixed in 20s, but she knows ZERO about computers) The rep got all huffy with her becuase the stupid tamper-proof sticker was torn.

I guess my thought on the matter is that if they can't tell you were in there, you should be safe. But I'm betting they saved that $0.25 and sent you the panel without the antenna.

Rori said:
. But I'm betting they saved that $0.25 and sent you the panel without the antenna.

25 cents times 100s of thousands of laptops or maybe millions (not just for this sale but all sales) adds up real quick. Companies have people on staff where their sole job is to figure out how to save a penny or two per item in the production process. I bet they get a bonus if they can save a whole dollar off a product! Just think, if you save a company 25 cents by not including an antenna on systems that dont have wireless and you produce 1 million non wireless laptops, thats $250,000. Even at this low level, the company can easily afford to not take away your small crappy Christmas bonus this year.

cwt137 said:
25 cents times 100s of thousands of laptops or maybe millions (not just for this sale but all sales) adds up real quick. Companies have people on staff where their sole job is to figure out how to save a penny or two per item in the production process. I bet they get a bonus if they can save a whole dollar off a product! Just think, if you save a company 25 cents by not including an antenna on systems that dont have wireless and you produce 1 million non wireless laptops, thats $250,000. Even at this low level, the company can easily afford to not take away your small crappy Christmas bonus this year.

Think about it on the flipside...there are two part numbers for each screen. Think of all the extra shelf space required for 2 of each. Think about assembly costs for 2 different part numbers. And $.25 saved? What about the other $399.75? We're talking .0625% of their earnings saved. Bonuses my ass...they're cheap bastards. Why does Dell, with a much more profitable laptop dept, include the wires? Becuase Dell isn't run by cheap bastards.

P.S. Does anyone here have a spare wireless G card/usb adapter they would like to sell?

Boy, my wife is loving this laptop. I opted for the wireless and the 512 ram on hers and I'm glad I did. I dodn't get the Briteview but it doesn't bother her because it's still better looking than her old CRT. I think it looks quite good actually; if the briteview is an upgrade it must be pretty sweet! Anyway, sorry to hear about your wireless woes Joe, are you looking at using a pcmcia card now?

I was trying to set up a laptop at OfficeDepot today. They had the R3000Z for $499.99 AR as configured before... but when I added in the AMD64, 440 Go graphics, Widescreen (not ultra bright or whatever), wifi it wasn't $700, it was more along the tune of $800. Perhaps my OfficeDepot sucks?

On a side note, I really liked the Averatec c3000 or whatever it was.

I just got back from my Office Depot. I custom configured one with the 440 go/1394, A64 3000+, one stick of 512, 80GB 5400RPM HDD, wifi, and BriteView monitor. It was 1229 before taxes and before rebates. I don't know if shipping is included in that price or not. If not, it will be $1,000.03 after rebates, taxes, and shipping.

I think that the 80GB HDD upgrade was $60 or $80. I just really think that I would benefit from the extra speed and space since this will be my mobile DVD rig.

Booby McNipples said:
...Anyway, sorry to hear about your wireless woes Joe, are you looking at using a pcmcia card now?

Yup...either pcmcia or usb. Looks like Newegg has some USB adapters in the $25 range. Jeebus...i'm so f'in pissed.

Ordered mine on the 7th. Got it on the 21st.

My configuration:
15" xga (brightscreen glares in my house so can't use it)
windows xp home
athlon 64 3000+
geforce 4 440go upgrade
256 ram (bought 512 module at newegg and will get it this wednesday)
dvd drive
40 gig hard drive (bought 60 gig 7200 drive)
12 cell battery
no wireless (i have a wireless 54g cardbus adapter i use instead. Eventually i'll probably upgrade it to wireless pre-n)

it came to 864 out the door. I got the shipping fee waived. I could have used the 50 off 250 coupon circulating on the net but i didn't see it in time when I bought mine. My friend ordered the one with the printer and used the 30 off 150 for his laptop to reduce the strain on shipping since they won't take free shipping anymore. I even showed them my receipt and they said that they won't match it.

I formatted the drive and reinstalled windows xp professional. I didn't use the cd for the drivers and used alot of drivers suggested at r3000forums.com.

I did not run into a cpu speed problem that others were reporting. As long as you install the AMD drivers for the athlon 64 cpu, it works fine. I have undervolted/underclocked my athlon and overclocked/undervolted it. I have my lowest setting at 533mhz @ .85 volts, medium setting at 1ghz @ .90 volts, default settting at 1.8ghz @ 1.3 volts and my overclocked setting at 2.0ghz @ 1.4 volts. The samsung ram it comes with the laptop rated at pc2700 but i'm overclocking it and it runs stable!!! All custom cpu settings completely stable running games and cpu intensive apps.

I overclocked my gpu to 250/230(almost geforce 4 460go speeds) and it works fine. I can probably get the memory up more but i only had the laptop for one day so far so i'll do it later.

On directx 7 mode for CS:S, I get 30-100 framerate on a 26 person server on all maps except train and compound (these maps suck fps!) at low to medium detail 1024x768 native res when i overclock it to 2.0ghz. temps get up to 50 max after an hour of playing cs:s

Running my laptop at 533mhz and playing a dvd movie runs the dvd without dropping frames!!!! at 533mhz, it only uses 30% of my cpu power (used task manager to measure that) and temps are at 30C max after watching the dvd! I use mobilemeter to check my tempertures. I hear on the forums that in this setting, dvds last 3:10 and that's with wireless on and an optical mouse attached!

15 inch screen is fine. it's nice to have widescreen with brightview but it's not worth the glare. I rather have a smaller viewing angle than glare on my screen. My friend has that 17 inch laptop from HP and it's super nice in his house. When he brings it over to my house, I gotta shut all my blinds.

Laptop is a little heavy if you compare to those lightweighters. I don't mind bringing a 9 lb around school. I have done it and it's not that bad.

once i get my 7200 drive and my 512 ram, i'll report back to you guys.

GREAT LAPTOP!!! GO OUT AND BUY IT!!!

joecool234 said:
This isn't too much of a problem...it seems as if there are only two manufacturers of wifi chipsets, intel and broadcom.
It's a lot more complicated than that. The PCI ID varies even with just 2 chipsets. You should see this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=862043

I don't think he ever got around the whitelist on the HP. IBM doesn't compress the module that holds the valid card IDs so it's a lot easier to get around on Thinkpads.

Does anyone have any pictures of what this laptop actually looks like? You really can't tell anything by the ad, and they didn't have one in stock at my Office Depot.

joecool234 said:
Chill out bro...once it says it shipped, you'll get it by thursday. As far as FedEx is concerned, the package is delivered overnight...once it hits the US coast.

It was "In Shanghai" for a LONG time (relatively), from late Monday Afternoon, until late last night (~8:00, EST), although FedEx, using JUST the date/time stamp, says negative hours. From Anchorage to my door was just over 12 hours.

Yep, it's here. It's gorgeous; I got to go home and see it at lunch; my wife even allowed me to install the Wireless, hit Windows Update, delete some of the garbage installed, load SiSoft Sandra, and benchmark it, before she said "You have to go back to work". She did make a deal with me; as long as I allow here to use it for any client meetings she has, and if/when she ever has to overnight or travel, it's mine the rest of the time, so I guess, "It's MINE!"

SCHWEEEEEEET. That's all I can think of to say. That screen is just too sexy for someone who hasn't seen it to understand; it is without a doubt the most beautiful screen I've ever seen on a laptop, though even with the 15.4", there's a bit too much black bezel; is Compaq planning to try to fit a 16" or so in there? I can't understand how someone would like that much bezel with a 15". I don't mind the cinderblock on the floor (though I know I'll mind when I have to pack it in my APC Laptop bag). I don't mind the slight protrusion on the side where my DLink DWL-G650 card sticks out, though I CAN understand the allure of having the integrated with this particular one; I don't think I'll regret not getting the built in Broadcom wireless (after all, when I need wireless, I'll HAVE the room; it's only on Planes or in the Car where that would be an issue, and since there isn't wireless there....). I DO mind the fact there isn't a dust door on the PCI slot, though. That means I'll have to carry around that stupid blank everywhere for the times when I don't have the DWL in.

The controls are Just Right; I'm particularly pleased with the way the sound buttons are placed, and indented so that you KNOW which one you're using just by feel.. Placement of the Floppy right over the DVD/CDRW might someday be slightly awkward, but I doubt it in actual usage. I think it's more likely to be an issue for someone who elects for the Smart Digital Bay there, though, so keep that in mind. Keyboard is clean, crisp, and responsive. The touchpad is PERFECTLY sized and placed for usage, AS LONG AS you don't need to type while using it. If you're using it as a mouse, it's perfect, and I love the scroll already. If you need to type and move, it's not as good. I guess I'll miss my old IBM's Thumbstick at times because of that.

The machine has HEFT, but I really like the fit and finish; it feels even more solid, mostly, than it looks. About the only thing I'd chance is to have an honest to god Metal Casing for the Silver, vice the metalicized Plastic. But what would that do to the Wireless? And what about weight and heat dissipation?

I'm going to have to double check to see if our good Digital Camera uses the SD form factor that is built in over the PCMCIA slot. I did think this baby had two; don't know why I thought that, so when I saw just the one, I was surprised. Anyone needing two, move along, move along, unless one was for Wireless, in which case, buy the Built In Broadcom.

Who said the machine, out the gate, felt slow? What with the stuff I had to install, I had to reboot it twice. Once, I started the reboot, and turned to find all the ports and such. By the time (30 seconds?) later that I looked back at the screen, it was at the login prompt.... VERY fast reboot. Hibernates in <10 seconds, too. (I couldn't catch it on the second reboot either; this suckers FAST). I'm going to have to install Seti@Home just to see how fast she can suck data units through

I heard the machine a few times, but I didn't get a chance to really test the sound. I'll play a DVD tonight in it to try it out that way. I do have to say, the screen is going to be nice watching a widescreen DVD. On the screen front, it looks like it's locked at 60Hz? Is that right? No biggie (hey, my main machine's monitor only pumps 60 Hz at 1280x1024). I'll be trying SOMETHING out in the next day or so to strech the graphics a bit; maybe KoTOR? Considering my main machine only has a GF4Ti4200 128MB card, while it's obviously not nearly as good, it should be a world better than the old Twister graphics on the Presario 700Z. My wife's Sims will look fine, I'll bet.

Who said this thing gets hot? It got slightly warm, but I didn't feel HOT on this laptop, even while benchmarking. This weekend, when I'm laying in bed with it on my lap, I'll be able to tell for real, though.

At any rate, that's a one hour impression. Maybe I'll post pics of it at some point in the "Post your Laptop Pics" thread.

I was the one who said the laptop seemed slow out of box. I was only basing this on how quickly apps opened. There literally was a 10-15 second delay between clicking the "e" and when Internet Explorer would open. It then took another 30 seconds for the page to load (on a 1.5mbit DSL connection). That was the only program I tried before I reformatted (and I have the XP-m 2800, not the A64). After the reformat, everything was gravy. I am extremely happy so far...now to find a good deal on a wireless-G card.

On a side note, can someone explain to us XP-m users how the CPU throttling works? I found a program on the net that monitors CPU clock for notebooks and noticed something peculiar. When plugged into AC, the computer correctly throttles from 1.6GHZ down to .8GHz when not in use...but on battery its always at .8GHz. Is this normal operation? If not, where can I change the settings? I tried changing power options, but this only effects the monitor/disc drives. Are there additional drivers I need to get?

My fiancee got her laptop a couple days ago, and I noticed some major slowdowns when I was messing around with it. Windows startup took nearly 5 minutes, and there were major lags when opening programs(or doing anything). I uninstalled all that symantec horseshit and that took care of the problem! Startup is very fast and everything else is quite speedy. It seems like a great laptop for under $500.

joecool234 said:
I was the one who said the laptop seemed slow out of box. I was only basing this on how quickly apps opened. There literally was a 10-15 second delay between clicking the "e" and when Internet Explorer would open. It then took another 30 seconds for the page to load (on a 1.5mbit DSL connection). That was the only program I tried before I reformatted (and I have the XP-m 2800, not the A64). After the reformat, everything was gravy. I am extremely happy so far...now to find a good deal on a wireless-G card.

On a side note, can someone explain to us XP-m users how the CPU throttling works? I found a program on the net that monitors CPU clock for notebooks and noticed something peculiar. When plugged into AC, the computer correctly throttles from 1.6GHZ down to .8GHz when not in use...but on battery its always at .8GHz. Is this normal operation? If not, where can I change the settings? I tried changing power options, but this only effects the monitor/disc drives. Are there additional drivers I need to get?

I know DLink has a special on the DWL-G650 right now (which is what I have, but I bought those a couple months ago). Their Turbo G cards, too, if that's a plus to you. Look around and I'll bet you can find them ~$20-$25 right now, with some kind of rebate to sweeten it further.

I'd be interested in that program you found; I noticed that my A64 was throttling down to 700Mhz at times, but I wasn't able to see it throttling up or down in response to load; I just caught it a couple times reporting lower speeds. Really freaky though that it fooled SANDRA on one of the tests in thinking that it's FSB speed was faster than the CPU speed! Makes me wonder about what SANDRA actually knows about Laptops in that case.

I just got my 512 module and now this thing flys (total 768mb of ram)! Alt tabbing out of cs:s doesn't lag my computer now since it doesn't use the swapfile. Multitasking improved 10 fold.

I also got my notebook cooler from newegg (bytecc brand). It gives it a nice tilt. Also provides fan cooling which this laptop doesn't really need. i ran it on 2000 mhz and it reduced tempertures by 7 degrees celcius and almost no noise coming from those fans.

I also ran a dvd test. My laptop lasted 4 hours and 10 minutes!!! I ran this at 533 [email protected] voltage, max power saving with video card with a cardbus wireless network card on, wireless optical mouse, and full brightness on my lcd screen!

Next upgrade: 60gig 7200rpm drive~!!

I brought mine into work today to show of to one of my coworkers; after playing with it a few minutes, he's getting one nearly identical; he's intending to have the built in Broadcom wireless, but otherwise, he's even doing the BrightView screen.

He's hopping on the $499 deal.

@RGMBill

The program I used to graph the clock speed on-the-fly can be found here: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/8259/

I tried all night to figure out why my CPU stays at 800MHz on battery. No dice. The only thing I haven't tried was to uninstall the A64 driver from Compaq. Hopefully I can figure out something this weekend.

For those of you that don't know, www.r3000fourms.com is a great resource for our laptops. I really wish I had visited that site BEFORE configuring the laptop - definitely would have opted for the built-in wireless ($400 price tag tends to blind my better judgement).

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=28-102-153&depa=0

Get a Canon iP3000 printer free after rebate with any brand laptop/desktop purchase. Newegg has it for $64.95 + $7.95 shipping. The rebate states:

How the $70 offer works:
1. Purchase a new Canon PIXMA iP3000, iP4000, iP4000R, iP5000 or iP6000D Photo Printer AND any Desktop or Laptop Computer
between February 1, 2005 and May 31, 2005.
2. Completely fill out all of the information requested on this claim form.
3. Cut out the original product “Proof of Purchase” 12-digit UPC bar code from the Canon Photo Printer box (see sample above).
4. Attach a legible copy of your sales receipt(s) showing the eligible Canon PIXMA Photo Printer AND the Desktop or Laptop
Computer purchased with the date(s) of purchase and the purchase prices circled.

The printer and computer don't have be purchased at newegg, but the printer seems to be cheapest at newegg.

Thanks for the heads up Reize...I'll try this when I get home. For the life of me, I could not find those drivers on the AMD site.

Well, I just got back from ordering mine. I got the Athlon 64 3000+, 256MB ram (will buy another 512 stick for the cost of the upgrade to 512, and have 768 ;) ), 40GB HDD (will upgrade later), built-in wifi, DVD burner, 64MB GeForce 440 go, and the BriteView screen (couldn't live with myself if I didn't). Of course I got the printer too. Total came to $1209.09 with 310 in mail-in rebates, the total will be $899.09. Not too bad I don't think.

As a bonus, I got a $50 coupon for the next visit. Apparently today and tomorrow, if you spend $100, you get a $20 coupon. If you spend $200 or more, you get a coupon for $50. This coupon is good for most things in the store, and there is no minimum purchase to use the coupon. So I will go back next week (coupon valid 3-28 to 4-23) and get $50 worth of stuff free. :D

I got mine today, I am on it now :) I only have one concern. It has two fans and two exhaust areas, but the one fan and exhaust closer to the right side of the computer doesn't seem to do much. The one in back, when I put my hand over it, I feel air being drawn and I feel air comming out of the back, but with the one closer to the right, I dont feel anything. I booted a game, but the laptop still didn't get too hot. Does it only activate after a certain temperature? Is it broken? Anyone else have this?

My order finally showed up on techdepot. It is currently processing. Is there any way to find out the ETA?

Back