HP p1230 or xl24240t

jeffxx

n00b
Decisions decisions. I currently use a sony g520 which is on its way out and I have a choice between a brand new HP p1230 and buying the new benq. What to do?

Unless you need the different connectors or have a weak desk and back, I'd take a NEW CRT if I were a hardcore gamer.

Wow, seriously? The HP P1230 is like a tank man... it's over 60 pounds LOL. I remember the days when I had a CRT. I hated them... I'd personally give up the slightly faster response (even if it really is) and take a 120hz LED backlit LCD, but that's just me. I mean I guess the major plus is that you do get 3 years warranty with the HP. But I would imagine that the inputs aren't very versatile. And the major downside in my opinion would be the huge physical presence on your desktop but then it only gives a 20" display.

The XL2420T would be my choice simply because it looks awesome, plus the design is practical for a gamer. You have all the adjustments you'd want to make the monitor flexible to your height and angle of use. Plus they made the XL2420T brighter this time at 350cd/m. But the coolest part is that they made it full 24" this time and they threw on Dual HDMI connectivity for those that thought one wasn't enough haha. I personally could never have enough HDMI ports for my displays. I find them so useful. Plus it seems that the XL2420T is a even more precise and well designed monitor compared to the XL2410T. There are some major improvements in quality and some cool added features!

Back