HP G6-1b60us Llano A4-330M at Staples for $371.99 after $50 MIR

The resolution is normal for a laptop in this price range. For the money this thing is pretty badass. Especially given its advertised 7 hour battery life. Probably more like 5.5 hours or so in real world use, but that is still very good.

Weird issue, I went to the store, and the staples part number is 332976, but that part number was actually the g6-1b50us. Not sure what to think now.

I mean when I got to the store, they did not have the g6-1b60us only the g6-1b50us.

Hmm, they assured me that if I ordered it online I would get the right model, but I'm starting to doubt it, plus without the extra $50 rebate I don't think I want it. Maybe I should just suck it up and get the XPS 15 with upgraded screen.

Thanks to the OP for posting. Seems like a medium hot deal for someone that needs a slightly underpowered, large-ish laptop.

Last edited:
I ordered it in store, then tried to email them to cancel it, after I figured 1 of 2 things would be wrong. Either:

1) I would get the wrong laptop (g6-1b50us instead of g6-1b60us), since staples item number 332976 in store was the g6-1b50us.

or

2) I would get the g6-1b60us but would not be able to get the $50 rebate.

It should be coming today, I'll let everyone know what model I receive, but I plan on returning it. I jumped the gun before reading all the reviews on Llano performance. I want a laptop that will last me quite a few years, and I'm not sure the cpu performance is enough. Not that I plan to fold on my laptop, I found a review that shows super pi 1M taking 53 seconds on the A8-3800 quad core. I can't imagine how slow it will be on the dual core. My desktop C2Duo does it in 16.5 seconds.

Sweet, figures, the g6-1b50us is what came. I returned it to the store and complained.

Back