HP 24" W2408H (refurbished) $200 shipped

I got mine yesterday and it turns out that it is a LG panel. It looks like brand new and no dead pixels. The viewing angles take some time to get adjusted to. I'm not sure if the viewing angles are better with the samsung panel or not, but oh well, I got what I got.

I got an LG panel and I think I got very lucky. 1 backlight hour, minimal backlight bleed, zero dead pixels, no color banding, and above average viewing angles for a TN.

I think the reason they're back in stock is because the [H] members found out they had a LPL and returned it just because it wasn't samsung
:p

^ haha probably. I was still close to returning mine which came with a LG panel too.

Mine has developed a stuck pixel over the past 24 hours. I can either use software or the massage method to get rid of it but it keeps coming back. It's annoying because it's in the middle of the screen and it's red. I got scared for a moment while doing the massage method the first time because the entire pixel column from top to bottom went red (had a single red line from top to bottom), but this went away pretty quick.

I just can't get the darned thing to completely go away without it coming back after a few minutes. Does anybody have any suggestions or should I rma?

so i ordered one from mwave and one from geek, planning to use both if all works out, one dvi one hdmi.

someone posted that the panel is different between the dvi and hdmi version, how is that?

anyways, will let you guys know of results.

I hate to re-hash an old thread, but is this still a good deal at $200 shipped for the HDMI version? I just ordered from pcConnection.com (CA resident no tax) and was hoping I didn't make a mistake... Ordered yesterday and already got UPS tracking to arrive this coming Thursday... :confused:

BTW, I avoided the other 23" - 24" deals this week because I wanted to avoid tax & disposal in CA, or the other monitors were not 1900 x 1200.

It is still a very good monitor and I haven't seen one of like quality in that price range.

I'm thinking of biting as well.. I know it's a refurb, but like EazyM3 said I haven't seen a lot of 24" with the 1920x1200 since everyone seems to be switching to the 1080p panels...

Back