HP 1810G-24 lifetime warranty ?

balance101

Limp Gawd
so I brought a brand new HP 1810g-24 last year off ebay seller and its been acting up since last month.

web management stopped working and some computers connected on the switch would not get connection after computer cold start.

I even try updating the firmware to the latest still no good.

a week ago, when i restarted the switch it would not go thought its boot cycle. all switch led comes on and stays on... but after few more trys is boots normally and can log in to web management but after a while management is unaccessable

today when i had connection problems and did reboot on switch, it wont go thought its power cycle. like before all switch led just stays on

so about hp switch lifetime warranty how does it work, call them to get rma and ship fault device to them and they will ship me a refurbish switch? I'm located in Canada, anyone been thought this ?

thanks

Yes they will likely ship you a refurb. You may have an issue with teh warranty since you didn't purchase it through an authorized retailer.

I've warrantied quite a few HP switches over the years with no issue.

I had an 1800-24g repaired a few years ago. They didn't ask ANYTHING about where or when I bought it. In fact, I had purchased it on Ebay. No problems having it repaired. I won't touch most HP products, but ProCurve is an exception... good stuff.

I THINK they gave me an advance RMA, but I could be remembering wrong. I know I didn't lose connectivity to wait for a new switch, but I might have used an alternate switch and just don't remember having set the alternate up during that time.

call them today :D they are shipping a switch to me for replacement. maybe I will get a free shipping label to ship it back :D

call them today :D they are shipping a switch to me for replacement. maybe I will get a free shipping label to ship it back :D

Mine did include a label to send the old one back (though again this was a few years ago so the process could be different).

got my switch and its been up and running both image on the new switch is p2.10 :D didn't even need to update it. new switch doesn't have the nice hp procurve networking logo on the top of the switch =( but it works :D

very happy with hp lifetime warranty will buy hp switch again :D

Back