Hows gigabyte?

duby229

2[H]4U
Last time I dealt with them, they just sucked. Horrible tech support. Horrible buggy BIOS. Horrible RMA....

Just the whole experience sucked. There is a board they make today that I am interested in, and was wondering how the company is doing... Is it still on the edge of failure? Or has it come back?
This is the board in question....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128056

Any good? Should I consider it, or move on?

not sure bout their history man, but i've always stuck with asus. my newest build, i chose a gigabyte board. the ga-g33m-ds2r. it was awsome till... a bad bios flash, using their OWN utility and the system couldn't boot anymore. all i got was a black screen and "award bios bootblock".. tech support didn't help. So my board is where... in rma land off in california its been about 2 weeks should be getting it back soon. not a bad board, but damnit make a stable bios please.

Last time I dealt with them, they just sucked. Horrible tech support. Horrible buggy BIOS. Horrible RMA....

Just the whole experience sucked. There is a board they make today that I am interested in, and was wondering how the company is doing... Is it still on the edge of failure? Or has it come back?

I bought my last 2 boards from them, a 939 and 775 board. Can't complain.

not sure bout their history man, but i've always stuck with asus. my newest build, i chose a gigabyte board. the ga-g33m-ds2r. it was awsome till... a bad bios flash, using their OWN utility and the system couldn't boot anymore. all i got was a black screen and "award bios bootblock".. tech support didn't help. So my board is where... in rma land off in california its been about 2 weeks should be getting it back soon. not a bad board, but damnit make a stable bios please.

I agree with Gigabyte's BIOS.

The boards they make now are rock solid... when you've got the right BIOS. So, when you do find a perfectly stable BIOS - keep it! Do not upgrade your BIOS unless you absolutely have to.

I learned the hard way on my Gigabyte DS3 Rev1.0 board. The board running F7 was great. After I upgraded to F9 I believe, there was tons of instability. Going back to F7, still tons of instability. Over a few flashes I lost everything and board was dead. Now I'm running a P35-DQ6 with F4, and it runs great. Everything is rock solid, but do I dare upgrade to F5? Don't need to.

I owned Gigabyte prpducts before Motherboards and video cards. I never had to rma. I guess I was just lucky. But after a While I stuck with asus. I overall hear great things about Asus more really then I do for Gigabyte products. Id go with Asus for sure, especially if Gigabyte left you with a bad taste.

My gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 is solid. There are a few improvements I'd have liked (such as an LED indicator to see the board status, the memory slots further away from the GPU slot, sideways pointing SATA slots instead of vertical, and an onboard on/off button) but overall I'm happy with it. And no problems with the F5 BIOS. Asus is a more well known brand name, but so what?

I agree with Gigabyte's BIOS.

The boards they make now are rock solid... when you've got the right BIOS. So, when you do find a perfectly stable BIOS - keep it! Do not upgrade your BIOS unless you absolutely have to.

I learned the hard way on my Gigabyte DS3 Rev1.0 board. The board running F7 was great. After I upgraded to F9 I believe, there was tons of instability. Going back to F7, still tons of instability. Over a few flashes I lost everything and board was dead. Now I'm running a P35-DQ6 with F4, and it runs great. Everything is rock solid, but do I dare upgrade to F5? Don't need to.

LOL If, when, perhaps. LOL

JUNKABYTE!!! Don't waste your $. Hate them. I've had problems with ALL of there products minus one VC. The office has a few of their boards here and something or another is also defecdtive on all, except the newest ones. I'm sure they will go eventually within the year.

ABIT is kind of back. Really have some great products lately. DFI, even Biostar Tforce are better. Asus is not bad but over priced.

My DS3 (rev2.0) has been running 400FSB+ since this time last year. I run my computer 24/7 and its only been off for 10 days max when I was on vacation.

Seems pretty reliable to me.

I own the P965 DS3 board and it's been with me for more than a year so far. I have 0 complaints about it. Great board!

Back