• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to update a 3112 bios?

Craz_3

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
84
I just bought my 74GB raptor and was hoping to get a few extra ponies out of it.
I've read quite a bit that the sil chip sucks, so I guess thats what I have to deal with.

Is there newer bioses out there that will enhance the performance?

I also have 2 other hard drives on a single channel will they affect the performance of this drive? I haven't found any good tutorials on how to really get the most out of your raptor(yes i did search)
 
The 3112 does not suck.... A new BIOS probably will not help the performance, but you can try it. If it's onboard, it's probably contained in your normal BIOS. If not, then you can use the control panel utility that the SiI drivers install to update it.
 
yeh i thought that the sil chips were supose to be the best, with naitive command queing and does not bridge sata to pata internally iirc. i think sil was the first to have a full featured sata controller.

what problems are you having? and where did you read that they suck? they are supose to be bad ass in linux.
 
He probably read a review on the ide sil controllers, which, consequently, are some of the worst that I've used.
 
Back
Top