• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to understand batch codes?

Deluded

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
1,376
I have a i7-860 here.

I don't actually care too much about it being a good overclocker or not, but I'm curious to understand what the batch code means.

Mine is a L004B548 SLBJJ. I found plenty of information about SLBJJ, but none describing the batch code. For example, I can tell that this particular processor is from B batch, but I don't understand the numbers. What is L? Which one is the week/year? Which one is the slab placement number?

Any help is appreciated.
 
Thanks a lot!

Do you know what the 548 correspond to? The 5 would be the number of batch, and the 48 is the distance from the center of the wafer? From what I understand, for i7 920 batch code, if the last two digit is 15 or lower, it has better overclockability because it's so close to the center of wafer... Does this principle apply?
 
1st letter or digit = plant code

0 = San Jose, Costa Rica
1 = Cavite, Philippines
3 = .............., Costa Rica
6 = Chandler, Arizona
7 = .........., Philippines
8 = Leixlip, Ireland
9 = Penang, Malaysia
L = ............, Malaysia
Q = ..........., Malaysia
R = Manila, Philippines
Y = Leixlip, Ireland

2nd digit = Year of production

3rd & 4th digits = week

5th - 8th digits= lot number

10th - 13th digits = serialization code
 
Back
Top