How to ship a cpu

Beave

Gawd
i have 3 cpu that i am going to ship out and i want to know what is the greatest way to. i want there to be no damage to them when they are recieved.

tell me some methods that u use

Put CPU in antistatic bag. Wrap bag in bubblewrap and secure. Place wrapped CPU in strong box filled with foam peanuts. Job done :)

My retail 3500+ was just in a plastic shell in the box, so im thinking the above method should be more than good enough.

Here's what I have found to be the best method. Try to track down an old ring/earring/necklace box. Put some cotten in there and put your cpu into the box. Cover it with more cotten and pop the lid on. Tape that down to insure its safe, and from there put it in any well packing peanuted box.

I almost always use the original cpu packaging. This is the safest method imho, since the cpu maker ships using said packaging. I save my boxes and containers. :)

ShuttleLuv said:
I almost always use the original cpu packaging. This is the safest method imho, since the cpu maker ships using said packaging. I save my boxes and containers. :)

I save all my boxes, but the little plastic bugger the CPU comes in, good luck finding that

I wouldnt want to receive a proc sandwiched in cotton.
Not really, Not really at all. The earring box is dead-on though.

Just not filled with cotton ;p

Summoner and shuttleluv got it right.

here's an even better way I tried with greaet success:

take ring box. wrap cpu in anti static bag, cut the bag so it just sheaths the cpu. Wrap cpu and antistatic bag in bubble wrap. Line ring box with bubble wrap. Insert cpu into ring box and make sure the bubble wrap eliminates all space around the sides and top and bottom. Tape shut cpu box.

That cpu ain't gettin damaged :p

Summoner said:
Put CPU in antistatic bag. Wrap bag in bubblewrap and secure. Place wrapped CPU in strong box filled with foam peanuts. Job done :)

My retail 3500+ was just in a plastic shell in the box, so im thinking the above method should be more than good enough.
well this is kinda off topic, but if i want to ship a video card, do i have to put it in an antistatic bag (cause as of right now i cant find any at my house)?? if so, is there a substitute i can use for an antistatic bag?

kevin1211 said:
well this is kinda off topic, but if i want to ship a video card, do i have to put it in an antistatic bag (cause as of right now i cant find any at my house)?? if so, is there a substitute i can use for an antistatic bag?

ALWAYS SHIP COMPUTER PARTS IN ANTISTATIC BAGS.

There are NO substitutes and NO exceptions. If you don't do this, you deserve a NEGATIVE eval on whatever evaluation system you use.

Not only that, but you are liable for any static damage that is done to the item during shipping and until the very moment that the item is in use.

If you don't have any antistatic bags, drop by your local PC shop and see if they can dig some up for you, or look online for a place that sells them. Paying a few measly cents for some bags is much better than the absolute hell you deserve for not shipping items in them.

use a piece of hard fome or styrofome and stick it in there, then wrap it up and put it in a box...

but i also save all my original packaging.. maybe go down to your local computer store and ask them for those cheap little blue plastic things that OEM cpus come in...

Back