• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to set the CPU usage on a Service

Hades12

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
291
I need to turn down the cpu usage on a Service I am about to install. I have never seen the option to change it.


So How do I change it? As I install the Service or after it is running?

thanks

I looked through the FAQ but did not find what I was looking for.
 
It's in the advanced options when you are setting up folding. Just select a precentage to meet your needs.
 
i know during the setup that can be adjusted (under the "advanced options), however i'm not sure how to edit that once the service as been installed

you *could* just delete the .ini file (or whatever) and start over

 
If it is already installed, you can create a shortcut to folding and use the -configonly flag and change the usage. The change would take affect on the next reboot.
 
find the console version and make a shortcut. right click the shortcut and select properities. in the target field, add
-configonly
to the end and click ok.
Run the shortcut, and you will be asked those questions again. Just be carful, the "install as a service" question might be changed to not use the service. Just read all the questions. At some point (maybe even in the advanced options), it will ask for a CPU usage percent, with 100 as default.

~Hope this helps
 
Here is a link to the guide on hardfolding.com. You will need to look at steps 8 and 10 in particular. :D

 
Dude, why make the shortcut? basically, open a DOS prompt, navigate to the directory FAH is in, and type "FAH502-console.exe -configonly" without quotes, run it, and it should work. Although, I feel I should check that at some point, but if my memory serves well from before my tower died and I lost my *nix (Poor Penguin, I miss you already), it's the proper syntax.
 
Shadowchild said:
Dude, why make the shortcut? basically, open a DOS prompt, navigate to the directory FAH is in, and type "FAH502-console.exe -configonly" without quotes, run it, and it should work. Although, I feel I should check that at some point, but if my memory serves well from before my tower died and I lost my *nix (Poor Penguin, I miss you already), it's the proper syntax.
Because MS-DOS is hard and confusing. I get lost in the world of MS-DOS all the time.

NO, but really, if you create a shortcut, it will remain there for as long as you want it. That way if you ever have to config it again, you don't have to go into the command prompt, you just click a icon.
 
towert7 said:
if you create a shortcut, it will remain there for as long as you want it. That way if you ever have to config it again, you don't have to go into the command prompt, you just click a icon.

QFT, its mostly a convenience issue, but incredibly handy to have in case you want to make changes. I don't doubt that most people config it once, and let it run, but some people like to make changes, CPU usage, or what WU's they are getting.


 
Shadowchild said:
Dude, why make the shortcut? basically, open a DOS prompt, navigate to the directory FAH is in, and type "FAH502-console.exe -configonly" without quotes, run it, and it should work. Although, I feel I should check that at some point, but if my memory serves well from before my tower died and I lost my *nix (Poor Penguin, I miss you already), it's the proper syntax.

I feel much the same way. I prefer to just use a DOS prompt since that is what I started using way back when. However, this is not always convenient. In some cases, the folding folder is buried in a bit of a directory tree mess. In cases like this, it's usually quicker and easier for most people to just create the shortcut and have it sitting there. I have a shortcut created on a couple of boxen because of where the folding directory is located. I do not feel like typing in the whole path every time I want to re-config the client when a little shortcut will work.

 
Back
Top