How to scan a single file in AVG 7.1?

CyByte

Gawd
This is the first time I'm using AVG as a virus scanner. I now have version 7.1 but how do I scan a single file? I put the file into a folder and told it to scan that but do I have to make a new folder just to scan a single file?

go to windows explorer and find the file, then right mouse click and there should be an option to scan file with avg.

CyByte said:
I'm in explorer, but I'm still not seeing a way to scan a file

I'm not on a system with AVG at the moment but from what I remember, all you have to do is go to the file, right click on it and there should be an option in the menu to scan the file. It's the same as scanning a whole folder.

check to make sure that "shell extensions" are enabled for AVG. you can do this from the AVG control center. click just once on the button/entry with the header of "shell extension". now, make sure that it is active and has a blue header (not a red header). you may need to click the button saying "activate" to turn this feature on. you may even need to edit the "settings" of the shell extensions (not "properties").

i was able to reproduce this problem and solution on my machine running AVG v7.1.

Back