• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to remove Cooler Master Hyper 212 fan bracket?

snowman3

n00b
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
16
I'm trying to replace the stock fan on my Cooler Master Hyper 212, but I can't figure out how to remove the mounting bracket on the stock fan so I can put it on the replacement.

Has anyone here done this before? I'd appreciate any help.
 
I'm trying to replace the stock fan on my Cooler Master Hyper 212, but I can't figure out how to remove the mounting bracket on the stock fan so I can put it on the replacement.

Has anyone here done this before? I'd appreciate any help.

Err? It's just a matter of using a screwdriver to remove the bracket as I recall. If there's something in the way (foam padding or somesuch) just carefully peel it off.
 
i've done that lot of times, you have to remove carefully the anti vibration pad, and unscrew all four screws and done.. you can check the second bracket to mount the second fan to figure how its assembled..
 
Err? It's just a matter of using a screwdriver to remove the bracket as I recall. If there's something in the way (foam padding or somesuch) just carefully peel it off.

Peel off the padding and the screws are underneath. IIRC, they are standard fan screws. Just be careful remounting it as the bracket will crack if you screw down too hard.
 
Back
Top