• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to install windows with srt (msata cache)?

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
13,027
This new laptop for the workplace has a msata drive.

It is setup to use intel srt however I am trying to format the computer.


I am getting confused on how should I do the format.


It sees the first drive with a single partition and only 8gb when it is 32gb cache drive

it sees the other drive with the normal windows partition.


I am guessing I will delete all the partitions and just install on the main drive and maybe after installing the intel drivers in windows, it will use the other as the cache drive and see all the space?
 
For SRT, Windows must be installed with the SATA controller set to RAID mode.
 
well i also found out that there is a feature called intel rapid start technology too.

that requires diskpart and setting some raw to have a unique id in order to install
 
Intel® Smart Response Technology
Your Ultrabook™ just got a lot more responsive. Intel® Smart Response Technology2 quickly recognizes and stores your most frequently used files and applications where you can access them right away. You’ll save time and power with faster access to the content you use and love the most.

.Intel® Smart Response Technology accelerates the system response experience by putting frequently-used blocks of disk data on a solid-state drive (SSD), providing dramatically faster access to user data than the hard disk alone can provide. The user sees the full capacity of the hard drive with the traditional single drive letter (i.e. C:\) with overall system responsiveness similar to what an SSD-only system provides.

First time I've heard of it.
 
Back
Top