Votes: 83 66.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Rarely or never

Votes: 19 15.2%

• Total voters

petertew

Gawd
Just curious: how often do you all play your 360's? I've been following a similar poll about the Wii, and I would like to see what people think of their 360's after having owned them a bit now.

HG3 just came out, so that's 6 hours today, and probably about the same tomorrow.;)

I voted often. Probably at least 4 times a week for about an hour each time. Would be more if I had the time.

I used to play hours a day of COD2 and Gears of War, then Halo 3 the first couple weeks but not so much anymore. When COD4 comes out and my homework fades I expect to be back in full gaming mode.

as soon as i get mine replaced. all the time with GH3 :D

for now, i play my friends constantly... lmao

sold mine, I have a free one that is supposed to get here tomorrow, will play halo 3 a bit i guess, but nothing is really that great. I prefer the pc, I just wish guitar hero 3 was coming out at the same time as the consoles.

sold mine, I have a free one that is supposed to get here tomorrow, will play halo 3 a bit i guess, but nothing is really that great. I prefer the pc, I just wish guitar hero 3 was coming out at the same time as the consoles.

no you dont. the PC version is getting the explorer... *shudders* hate that guitar with a passion... get it for 360, the les paul is amazing (or test a les paul with the MS wireless USB thingy )

I've been playing it a fair bit recently. A lot of good games coming out now and in the future... H3, AC6, mass effect, assassins creed... So yeah, it'll be played a lot for quite some time.

I play quite often. Especially in the past couple months, going from APF to Halo 3. I still have to get Ace Combat 6 (was out shopping Saturday and couldn't find it), and I have to get Eternal Sonata.

At most a few hours a week, but that's only cause I play when bros come over and stuff, might change if I get GH3.

I play my Xbox 360 almost every day. I try to get in a few hours of Gears of War, Halo 3, or Rainbow Six Vegas every night. It's a great way to catch up with friends and family and helps relieve stress after a long day at school and/or work.

ive been playing often after a long time of never/occasionally. halo 3 did that to me i guess. the last game i really played was GH2 eariler this year.

I voted for never. I am predominately a PC gamer and will most likely always be one. I bought my 360 for the PC game drought which has been pretty much the whole year ad since I am stuck on dial up my gaming is very limited.

I tried Gamefly but that didn't last long since I just didn't see any games that interested me. Plus they would often not mail me a game but say they did and that would add another week for delivery.

I bought Gears of War but got kind of bored with it. So my 360 became my dvd player and that is about it. I know if I could actually use Live it would get much more use but broadband development sucks in this country imho.

In August I upgraded my PC for the oncoming barrage of new games coming for PC and now my 360 will continue to be set aside. I haven't bought Halo 3 yet and I definitely want to pick up Mass Effect but that will have to wait till the off season. Assassin's Creed is another game that I would love to play asap but even though it hits consoles first I always give my PC the privilege of a new game over my 360.

you left out the I don't own an X360 option

I did leave out "don't own an X360," but I did that on purpose. I'm only really concerned with answering the question: Of those people that purchased an Xbox 360 how often do they use the console? Then we can see how good an investment the 360 turned out to be. If everyone who purchases the 360 ends up never using it, it would be just like one of those ab machines :rolleyes: we see on TV -- worthless. ;)

I'm not really interested in knowing who purchased or didn't purchase the console because that doesn't tell us how good a return we get by buying the 360. Know what I mean?

Everyday; not always for gaming though. I often stream my recorded videos through WMP11, recorded with my PC TV tuner. The xbox360 also allows me to easily stream my music from my PC (basement) to my TV/stereo system (family room).

The xbl arcade is great. When I only have 15-20 mins I usually play some arcade games. They are great for some quick fun. I have purchase 37 xbl arcades games.

I just picked up GH3 and thats keeping me busy, too.

To be fair, I would be playing with it more if I wasn't sucked into LOTRO at the moment.

Since I use the 360 as media center extender, it's used every day.

Media center extender isn't even the right way to describe it's use in our home. It IS the media center and the HTPC is just a back end/server that's only used occasionally to actually watch TV. We've left the 360 connected to the HDTV in the living room and moved the PC into the bedroom. The PC does all the things it needs to do with recording and processing out commercials but 95% of the actual watching is done through the 360.

It's extremely enjoyable to have one device available for all of our media and gaming functions. The 360 remote even allows you to turn it on to either the dashboard (via the power button) or into the media center (via the green button). No hiccups and no concerns about having the correct video card to handle HD content, etc.

I posted Occasionally, because I've left mine at home, along with my Wii, when I left for college. Being a focused college student is literally impossible, however it makes it much easier without those distracting me.

All the time, usually at least 15hours a week where as I play my wii about 2 hours every 4 months.

Just about every day. GH2, Halo 3, and Eternal Sonata have been keep me busy lately. It's usually turned on almost every single day to stream music from my PC or watch DVDs.

Got mine, played Crackdown for a couple months and had a ball with that. Got Soul Calibur 2 and Tony Hawk 8 then shortly after that its been kind of collecting dust. Waiting for GTA IV to come out, then I will clear out some of the dust bunnies. Unless there is something else I find worthy. I will not play FPS's on a console and unfortunately(for me) MS and other companies seem to think they need to just keep pumping more for the system.
We need more console specific games to come out. More fighters, more adventure games, some decent RPG's.
So I am playing Orange box on the PC till something else comes out that interests me.

...Stuff about media extender...

You just described me exactly. I may not game on my 360 every day, but it gets used for at least 4-6 hours every night as an extender. It's just so damn easy to use, and with Transcode360 on my MCE box, I can play any format I need to.

At least every other day. With AC and Mass Effect I'm sure my playing time will only go up.

I did leave out "don't own an X360," but I did that on purpose. I'm only really concerned with answering the question: Of those people that purchased an Xbox 360 how often do they use the console? Then we can see how good an investment the 360 turned out to be. If everyone who purchases the 360 ends up never using it, it would be just like one of those ab machines :rolleyes: we see on TV -- worthless. ;)

I'm not really interested in knowing who purchased or didn't purchase the console because that doesn't tell us how good a return we get by buying the 360. Know what I mean?

I see you made that comment in the Wii vote :p good point.
My X360 probably gets played as far as games are concerned the most, PS3 comes in at second and the Wii is in 3rd

Now if you could get a sample group of 500+ or so it may be some good information. But I fear with such small sample sizes in all 3 voting threads and with the already filtered crowd that reads these forums your results are already skewed.

From daily to once a month - it just depends on much WoW I play. I usually get into a game, beat it, then go back to WoW and the 360 sits for awhile.

I see you made that comment in the Wii vote :p good point.
My X360 probably gets played as far as games are concerned the most, PS3 comes in at second and the Wii is in 3rd

Now if you could get a sample group of 500+ or so it may be some good information. But I fear with such small sample sizes in all 3 voting threads and with the already filtered crowd that reads these forums your results are already skewed.

Yeah, I made the same point in the Wii voting thread :D . I have to agree with you about the results being skewed simply by taking the poll here in Hard forum. But, it's a good poll of the Hardocp demographic (FPS playing, hardcore gamers).

Often, althought less than I once did. I upgraded my PC and have been gaming more on it recently.

I voted for often.

I love my 360. Love it. It's the most fun console I've owned in my adult years, rivaling how much I enjoyed the Dreamcast (or PS2, grudgingly admitted)

It really helps that it has Live and all my friends scattered across the US also have 360's. It pulls double duty as entertainment machine, as well as VoIP box most of the time. I will load up a single player game, and if one of my buds is on I will chat with them as we play different games.

I also like the movement it has spurred for co-op gameplay, that truly is my favorite way to play through anything: with a friend.

personally I get on the exercise bike when I play, so thats 3-5 times a week for about an hour or so...I dont often play without being on the bike or get on the bike without playing, so I suppose that is occasionally? work and other stuff take precedence I guess....

I purchased my 360 a month ago and I have been playing whenever I get a chance. I purchased Gears of War and Halo 3 and both games are amazing. I am very tempted to get Eternal Sonata, but I may just wait until Mass Effect comes out. Blacksite: Area 51 also looks interesting.

Mine is boxed up in the closet until mass effect comes out. No worthwhile exclusives out right now.

I've had it since launch and play it all the time. I have all 3 current gen consoles and use the X360 the most and have the most games for it. I have about 30 games for X360.

Back