How Not To Handle LN2 101

Wow that guy is really lucky. I hope he learned his lesson. Normally I have to burn my hand to learn to not stick it into the fire, if he's the same way, we might get another video next week!

You can, if only briefly. You can even "drink" small amounts and then blow the evaporated N2 out your nose.

Pics or videos or it didn't happen. :D

Wow. Holy Crap! That was incredibly irresponsible and foolish of him... Good thing it was not a glass jar.

someone needs to send this guy glass/metal bottle instead of plastic once. send him bigger size i'll chip in for additional shipping.

I enjoy the further backup of your horrible safety advice while totally ignoring my previous post. And to make sure no one thinks drinking LN2 is safe, remember that the human mouth is much closer to 37C than your hands and allows for this brief demonstration. However do note that the person in the video expelled the LN2 almost as quickly as it was taken in.

Just a friendly reminder on safety from your hyper paranoid/ seen people get really fucked up doing stupid shit fellow forum member. :(

I enjoy the further backup of your horrible safety advice while totally ignoring my previous post. And to make sure no one thinks drinking LN2 is safe, remember that the human mouth is much closer to 37C than your hands and allows for this brief demonstration. However do note that the person in the video expelled the LN2 almost as quickly as it was taken in.

Just a friendly reminder on safety from your hyper paranoid/ seen people get really fucked up doing stupid shit fellow forum member. :(

Horrible safety advice? I never gave anyone any sort of safety advice on this topic or anything like it. The person I quoted and told was wrong was arguing with someone ELSE (not me), saying that you cannot put the stuff in your hand or even quickly dip your hand in a container full of LN2. He was given proof that it can be done and was in denial about it. It can be done - but nowhere did I EVER condone it or say it was safe or try to give ANY advice on it at all, in any shape or form.

As for the drinking of LN2 - someone ELSE (not me) stated it could be poured in the mouth and spit out without harm. Someone ELSE asked for "pics or video or it didn't happen". Remembering that I had watched a YouTube video a while back of LN2 spitting in action, I posted a link to the video showing exactly what they were looking for. Nowhere did I say it was safe or did I condone doing it or anything even remotely close to that, so I have no idea where you're getting that from :confused:

Perhaps you're confusing me for the other people who brought up such topics.

...and as for the guy in the video - I'm really surprised that someone with access to such a potentially dangerous substance either ignored or didn't realize the risks. I don't condone this type of thing, nor do I think it's safe.

Those aren't surgical gloves. They're about as far away from surgical gloves as it's possible to be and still contain some semblance of being something you wear over your hand.

I think the current safety trend is to try to avoid wearing gloves. It's better for a splash to roll off your arm and hand, then it is to roll off your arm and into your glove.

The entire point about the fingers comment is referring to the EXPLOSIVE FORCE in such close proximity to his digits and shrapnel. The liquid itself is completely secondary.

I think "disposable gloves" is what was intended - but the amount of protection either would provide vs LN2 is the same (zero).

Those are not "disposable gloves" either. Watch the video in 720p.

The gloves are woven-fabric insulating gloves with a pale yellow rubber coating on the inner palms and fingers.

All I ca say is "what a dumb fuck".
Please tell me this accident resulted in him losing the ability to procreate.
Humanity as a whole is already dumb enough. We don't need this idiot's progeny dragging the average IQ down tens of points.

Back