How NORAD Keeps Track of Santa

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to know how NORAD keeps track of Santa? If you answered “yes” to that question, this article is for you. If you answered “bah humbug” to that question, go have some cookies and eggnog and lighten up. ;)

"NORAD uses four high-tech systems to track Santa--radar, satellites, Santa Cams and fighter jets," reads the NORAD Santa Web site. "Tracking Santa starts with the NORAD radar system called the North Warning System. This powerful radar system consists of 47 installations strung across the northern border of North America. On Christmas Eve, NORAD monitors the radar systems continuously for indications that Santa Claus has left the North Pole.

I heard it's also useful for tracking inbound ICBM's. Hopefully they won't confuse the two.
Reindeer don't make good steaks.

is this whole new world order per obama to keep tabs on everyone ? even old saint nick himself :p

yeah i know its sarcasm

i've seen this a few years in a row before obama.

if you don't like being spied on you... don't forget dems and REPUBLICANS both wanted the patriot act.

Well who WROTE the Patriot Act? Eh?

Anywho.. I find it great that even the government is putting out effort to keep Santa real for those kids that still believe in him. Money will spent.

I hope everyone has their Home Defence Systems up and running, it was quite a slaughter last year, and looks to be quite a gory Xmas this year.

Isn't that racist? they aren't tracking of Hanukkah Zombie or Kwanzaa bot as well?

i prefer falling back to regular old physics and telling kids that for him to deliver presents he has to go so fast that he actually burns up in the atmosphere.

Maybe I'm just a young (27) grump, but setting up kids to believe in santa is just setting them up for a huge disappointment later. Why not just teach them to be good and nice to people without expecting financial reward?

i prefer falling back to regular old physics and telling kids that for him to deliver presents he has to go so fast that he actually burns up in the atmosphere.

Maybe I'm just a young (27) grump, but setting up kids to believe in santa is just setting them up for a huge disappointment later. Why not just teach them to be good and nice to people without expecting financial reward?

I think part of that is teaching kids to live with disappointment.

kwanza is a holiday nobody celibrates but public schools try to, to make them look more diverse as they seperate kids by skin color in classes and recess in milwaukee.

Ok, let me rephrase that, I don't think 300 year old reindeer would make good steaks ;)

I do believe reindeer make fantastic sausage as well. From what I've watched on the Food Network, there's quite a few restaurants in Alaska that makes and sell reindeer sausage.

It's a town where it's always Christmas, I forget the name. You know about this Steve?

Tough and gamey, with enough 'nog nobody would notice though

I would think flying venison would be light as a cloud. Sign me up.

Allowing children to debunk Santa/The Easter Bunny/The Great Pumpkin/The Flying Spaghetti Monster on their own helps them resist all mystical nonsense unassisted. Go ahead and do the Santa thing, just keep them away from weekly indoctrination.

It's amazing how much my four-year old already thinks is laughably funny. Santa is much easier for her to believe than the Guy in the Sky. Maybe it's how I put it...? I mean, how would you answer "Daddy, why does that building have a big 't' on it?" I do want her to be able to sleep at night.

I heard it's also useful for tracking inbound ICBM's. Hopefully they won't confuse the two.
Reindeer don't make good steaks.

Actually, my girlfriends family is from Finland, and having tried reindeer, I can tell you that it is quite tasty :)

^ This, They make awesome sausage too.

What the hell is Kwanzaa anyway?

kwanza is a holiday nobody celibrates but public schools try to, to make them look more diverse as they seperate kids by skin color in classes and recess in milwaukee.

Actually Kwanzaa is a real holiday that real Africans celebrate. Our neighbors are African and it is a fairly big deal to them. It is also sadly a holiday that some americans celebrate because it is a fad to pretend they aren't american because their great x5 relative that they never met, and know nothing about came from Africa. It really is a pretty pathetic thing to see americans pretending like they have a clue what their roots are, when thanks to my neighbor I likely know more about the culture their distant relatives came from then they ever will.

One of my good friends told his 3 year old son that Christmas was a holiday to show off the capitalistic strength of America, and santa doesn't exist

lol

[snip]
Actually Kwanzaa is a real holiday that real Africans celebrate. Our neighbors are African and it is a fairly big deal to them. It is also sadly a holiday that some americans celebrate because it is a fad to pretend they aren't american because their great x5 relative that they never met, and know nothing about came from Africa. It really is a pretty pathetic thing to see americans pretending like they have a clue what their roots are, when thanks to my neighbor I likely know more about the culture their distant relatives came from then they ever will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV04rj5QCzU

^ This, They make awesome sausage too.

Sorry, that was line from futurama. No harm intended.

One of my good friends told his 3 year old son that Christmas was a holiday to show off the capitalistic strength of America, and santa doesn't exist

lol

my gf's aunt did the same thing and so did one of my friends who had a kid a few years ago.

i will be sure to continue that trend as well.

Yet they couldn't track two rogue airliners in and around New York city.

I would think flying venison would be light as a cloud. Sign me up.

Allowing children to debunk Santa/The Easter Bunny/The Great Pumpkin/The Flying Spaghetti Monster on their own helps them resist all mystical nonsense unassisted. Go ahead and do the Santa thing, just keep them away from weekly indoctrination.

It's amazing how much my four-year old already thinks is laughably funny. Santa is much easier for her to believe than the Guy in the Sky. Maybe it's how I put it...? I mean, how would you answer "Daddy, why does that building have a big 't' on it?" I do want her to be able to sleep at night.

I feel sorry for your Children.

I feel sorry for your Children.

No need - happiest children on the block.

Nice sig, by the way. I prefer this passage on the Memorial (emphasis mine):

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

Back