How much power do i need?

the pcpower&cooling 610is on sale for 85.00 with rebate and also the 750 is too...either would more than do your system

However many you can afford, so long as you get them from a good brand.

ANY of the corsairs will do you well, (I suggest the 620HX for upgradeability) as will the PCPnCs listed earlier.

Item has been deactivated. Do you know the name of your power supply?

@ minimum id get the corsair vx450, stay away from raidmax PS if you value your computer hardware.

That link doesn't work: Item has been deactivated.

But I'd avoid any and all Raidmax PSUs. Not a good choice.

And it is possible for a PSU to not be good enough for overclocking.

which brands of psu should I choose?

I think that most can agree that PPC and Corsair units are good choices. As long as you stay with a single GPU solution this Corsair unit would do fine but for future upgradeability the 620HX (running $120 after MIR at Newegg currently) might be a better choice. This being said the VX units are good choices too though not modular like their HX kin.

Finally I expect that others can answer any questions concerning the PPC units, my only "current" PSU experience is with Corsair units.

Is it possible for me to put the psu upside down for a better air flow for the psu since my case have some holes on top?

What case do you have?

Yes it is possible but I don't think you'll get better airflow that way.

The best way is to do a rough calculation of the power drawn by the system with a virtual PSU wattage calculator.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Using the free version of that calculator would be useless. The reason being one that they even point out for you: that you should also be looking at amperage and not just sheer wattage. Spending $2 to use the Pro version to find how much amperage you need would be a waste of money. Getting just about any PSU from some of the brands previously recommended will be perfectly fine and you don't need a fancy PSU calculator to tell you that.

For the corsair 450vx, it only have one rail for 12v. Is it to get a psu withe 2 12v rails?

For the corsair 450vx, it only have one rail for 12v. Is it to get a psu withe 2 12v rails?

Single or dual rail or multiple rails don't really matter.

The Corsair 450VX is one of the better choices in that price range.

If I want to get Modular Power Supply, which one should i get? (recommendation?)

Back