• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much memory do you have on your main pc?

How much memory do you have on your main pc?

  • 512 Mb to 999 MB

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 GB

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 GB

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • 3 GB

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 4 GB

    Votes: 25 34.2%
  • 6 GB

    Votes: 18 24.7%
  • 8 GB

    Votes: 16 21.9%
  • 9 GB and higher

    Votes: 9 12.3%

  • Total voters
    73

Neb

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 13, 2000
Messages
3,320
I know valve's survey says the majority of steam folks have either 2 or 3 gb but I'm curious to see what the general [H] populace has in comparison. If this poll has been done before then forgive me, I'll go back into my hiding hole :)

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
 
I have 12gb's only cause i got it at a good price and i also have tons of pics and videos i edit of my kids in sports :)
 
I have 4Gb cause there is no need for me to have anything more sicne all i do is game.
 
6gb, because I wanted triple channel and 3gb wasn't enough :p
 
i decided i would upgrade if/when i start editing video and stuff like that again. until then, 6 it is.
 
6 only because it was memory was really expensive when I upgraded. Now I might want to get another 6.
 
6GB since I only play games and surf web on a single 1080p screen. Just like I don't need 980X or 5970 CF.
 
12GBs. Overkill, is my middle name. Actually got it cuz it was cheap (the second 6GBs was like $85), and didn't know what type of applications I'd eventually be running, although so far I hardly ever go over 3GBs used. But it makes for a snappy system with all my files/programs loaded in superfetch.
 
Option 1: 512 Mb to 999 MB
Option 2: 1 GB

What if I have somewhere between 1000MB and 1023MB?
 
Option 1: 512 Mb to 999 MB
Option 2: 1 GB

What if I have somewhere between 1000MB and 1023MB?

Then you should sue the memory maker you bought that stick from, because you clearly got scammed! :eek: :p I copied the first few options from the valve survey, that's why it's like that.
 
Spot the triple-channel, Core i7 people :p

4 GB in my main system because I'm saving up for a big upgrade next year.
 
2Gb. Windows XP here. Not really worth it to throw in more since Windows will only recognize 3.25Gb.
 
Back
Top