• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much is my system worth?

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,188
Specs:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2
CPU AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Retail
512MB Ram 256MB x2 Micron
Maxtor 6Y160P0 DiamondMax Plus 9 7200RPM 160GB ATA133
Panasonic 1.44MB 3.5"
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Pioneer DVD-106S/2 16X DVD/40X CD
CD-R/RW LITEON SOHR-5238S 52X Write X 32X Rewrite X 52 X Read
DVD Burner NEC ND-2500A Attached to a Maxter/Promise Ultra133 TX2 IDE ATA133 PCI Card
NIC Buit In To Motherboard Using Nvidia Nic
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DDR AGP 8X Graphics Card
Logitech Z-560
Keyboard Generic Windows 98 Keyboard
Mouse Logitech MX510 Blue
Case ANTEC Performance Plus Metallic Gray PlusView1000AMG With 350 Watt Antec Power Supply
OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

just want to know not thinking of selling
 
depends on who u sell it too. i would take about 40% off price of everything you have new (for a friend) if for a person whom doesnt know to much and u offer them tech support 15% off price
 
I didn't know you could attach a CD-Rom to a TX2 (I think my manual tells me it won't work). Shows what I know :).
 
How does $750-800 sound? Depends on how used it is. If it's older than a year, that will probably be the max you'll get.

One odd thing: No monitor? If you have an LCD that's < 15", you can bump the price $150. A CRT <17", $100.

If this system is pretty brand new, you MIGHT be able to get $900 out of it, but $850 is probably the max.
 
Depends on the buyer...

from my standpoint the system has too little ram, too wimpy a vid card and way too many optical drives.

And from what I can see no sound card.

So I wouldnt buy it or even recommend it to anyone the way its configured.

500 bucks max
 
I bought All of the part when they were top of the line so probably more that a year old and my monitor is a Samsung 753DF Flat 17" CRT
 
Format _C: said:
I bought All of the part when they were top of the line so probably more that a year old and my monitor is a Samsung 753DF Flat 17" CRT


A 9600 was never top of the line....

9800 pro or 9800XT would have been top of the line when that card was current I believe.

Dont get me wrong I am sure you like it just fine and its far from the junk some people run..

Just about a year ago though 512 ram was not getting it done for a gaming rig....

BF1942 for me made the jump to 1 gb imperative.

Personally I could have 3 optical drives in my rig (shelf's full of them)
But I have found one DVDRW/CDRW combo rig is all I need.....

(saves power for more useful things like overclocking!)

too bad you didnt see into the future far enough and maybe had bought one stick of 512 ....then your ram upgrade situation wouldnt be so grave...
 
I like my system just fine and I'm not into games that much so my card works fine
 
Format _C: said:
I like my system just fine and I'm not into games that much so my card works fine

If you like it just fine, then why ask for a price quote like you were going to sell it? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay more then $500, but there are others who will.
 
Back
Top