• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much higher can I go?

Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
40
I have had this current OC for a while, and have started thinking about OCing higher.

My current settings are:
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Intel Q6700 @3.6GHz(360x10)
Core Voltage(cpuz) 1.440V idle/1.408V p95
Core Voltage(bios) 1.494V
Corsair xms2 ddr2 800 @ 720 w/ 2.1V
FSB overvolt +.1V
North Bridge overvolt +.1V
I am using a TRUE for cooling.

It stays around 56C during p95 maybe a little higher if my room is warm.

I guess my question is how much higher can I go without drastically reducing the life of the cpu? How high have others gotten their Q6700/6600s?
 
Max vCore: 1.5V
Max Temps: ~65C under load

So as long as you can stay within these parameters, go for the highest OC your system can handle.
 
Man up. go for 3.8!!! lol. But seriously, at 56C peak, I'd say you have some wiggle room for pumping it up a bit but that's just me.
 
Max vCore: 1.5V
Max Temps: ~65C under load

So as long as you can stay within these parameters, go for the highest OC your system can handle.
Are these settings alright if it spends most of its time folding?
For the Max VCore should I go by the bios, or by CPUZ?

I have booted up at 3.8, but core1 gets an error in p95 after about 2 minutes.
 
Back
Top