How long would it take you to Finish every game in your Steam Collection?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
It would take me a solid 5 years or so now that I have a total of 77 games.
I would need to quit my job or as my Boss likes get fired. Some games I could not finish like some RTS games that have no end basically and MMO games you can't really finish either.

I don't even think I have the skill to finish some games just too hard...

Neverwinter is the only game I have that you can't "win" but I did everything there was to do in a single campaign before they started passing along major updates. I guess there's the prospect of winning games like Street Fighter with every single character...which would be torture.
Other than those, probably just a few months. Unless a game full-on sucks or is broken, I tend to complete each one before I move on to something else.
I'd guess my library is about 100 games deep and I've won 60-70% of those.

I have over 200 games. If I only played games for a living.. say 8 hours a day. I could probably finish them all in 6months - 1year.

Are there stats for who has played the most games to the most completion?

Ugh, you got me thinking of the timer in WoW that used to count how much of my life that game sucked into a black hole.

Don't get me started... Before the auction area in EQ I had over a year of play, meaning that I was actually in the game playing... The only advantage now is that my ex-wife was likely persuaded to go as I was escaping her by playing... I guess it really was worth it.

Sort of depends on your definition of "finish"...for a game like Skyrim, is that just finishing the Main Quest, or doing every single non-Radiant side quest?

I don't think I can finish my games collection anymore. And yet I still buy more during sales, I guess I am a game hoarder.

Same here, I figure at some point in the future I'll have time and motivation to play some of these older games.... errrr, or maybe not :(

just the games I haven't played yet or every game in my Steam library?...if it's just the games I haven't played then maybe a few months

At this point I don't think it will be possible for me to finish all the games in my Steam library. I'm pretty sure that I am buying more games faster than I finish playing them. At one point I thought I would have time to play them all but I'm starting to think that isn't the case anymore.

If I play 8 hours a day I can finish them in 6 months. but you know resposibilities. :(

uumm I have around 340 playable games, you know stuff that isnt garbage. about a year if I had time.

It would take me an eternity. I don't have that much time for games.

If we're talking about single finish, regardless of how many 'endings' a game has, it would probably take me a year, non-stop.
Though I'd probably go crazy as my library has a lot of bad games that came in holiday package deals that I wouldn't have bought on their own.

I'm actually playing through my backlog right now, and am trying to hold off on making many new purchases at the moment until some of these are out of the way. :p

I don't think it'll take me that long, assuming I don't get distracted by playing too much multiplayer stuff ie: SF4, LoL, Dota, CS, etc.

If I played 8 hours every day for a solid 10 months I might finish off my Steam collection.

I have been intentionally playing through shorter titles to deal with this. I recently beat The Swapper and Brothers. I'm in the middle of New Vegas now, but I'm taking a break to beat Max Payne 3. It's a grind but one i happily pour a few hours into every week.

I play about 1 hour a week if I am lucky. So I may finish before I die. it doesn't help I own games like Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

If I don't do anything and play about 16 hours a day. I could possibly finish them all in about 3-6 months timeframe. I have about 535 steam games of which I must have finished more than 150. Rest there is also indie crap within the 535 that I won't give a fuck about.

I got Super Meat Boy in my library... so.. probably never. Some of the dark levels are just retarded.

This thread just highlights that steam is a brilliant scam. No one is ever going to finish their back catalogs. Not unless someone ends up incapacitated or in a hospital bed for a extended period.
Personally I like to find games that have infinate replayability and play them to death. RTS, TBS (total war series, civ, etc).

If I didn't work or have a family/kids maybe a few months. Otherwise never lol

I have 167 steam games. I have no idea how long that would take lol. Maybe a year if I gamed 8 hours a day.

I tend to replay the hell out of games I really enjoy, so I'll most likely expire from hardened arteries or something equally unpleasant before I knock out all my Steam games. And, I still have several on Origin I still need to play... and replay.

Forever , Cause even if i don't buy games their is always more free games so it's never ending. 564 games and still counting everyday!!! And the DLC doesn't help make a game shorter!

I have over 1000 games within my steam library. At this point, I pretty much only buy games when they're cheap and interesting enough to own and hopefully play, but for the most part is subconsciously to increase my e-peen. The sad truth is I will never play all the games within my library, but hopefully my steam account can be turned into a good investment in which I can sell later on or give away to my future child or something.

I'm pretty sure I would need to quit my job and abandon the wife and kids if I had any hopes of clearing out my blacklog in a anytime soon, lol.

351 games in my library.... it would probably take me a few years if I really worked at it.

At my current rate... I'll die first.

I have over 1000 games within my steam library. At this point, I pretty much only buy games when they're cheap and interesting enough to own and hopefully play, but for the most part is subconsciously to increase my e-peen. The sad truth is I will never play all the games within my library, but hopefully my steam account can be turned into a good investment in which I can sell later on or give away to my future child or something.

That is a good idea I should have some Offspring to finish games that were made 10 years before he or she was born.

There are quite a few titles in my steam library that I know I'll never finish. I just purchased them out of support for the devs. They're mostly games I used to play but never bought at the time as a student without money.

How do y'all define "finishing a game"? Beat/complete the game's main story line? 100% accomplishments? Complete all game's story lines?

I'm 95% certain the OP meant "Beat/complete the game's main story line". When people talk about 100% achievements they are usually very clear about it.

Back