How long until PS prices return to normal?

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I get that there was a shortage of power supplies months ago, and I read about how the cost to transport goods has increased with COVID due to many factors. My local Micro Center is absolutely packed with power supplies; literally hundreds upon hundreds of every make and size with the shelves completely full. Now that supply has returned, are we just waiting on the cost of transportation to get back to normal before power supply prices return to normal?

I get that there was a shortage of power supplies months ago, and I read about how the cost to transport goods has increased with COVID due to many factors. My local Micro Center is absolutely packed with power supplies; literally hundreds upon hundreds of every make and size with the shelves completely full. Now that supply has returned, are we just waiting on the cost of transportation to get back to normal before power supply prices return to normal?

without wading into politics, if it’s from China there may be some tariffs??? Not sure

Normal price for one hour and then back to scalpers $300 mark up. It's not a supply problem.

We may never see $50 Seasonic 750w Gold like we used to.

Cost of materials, scalpers, "desirable" tier gpus slowly needing more capacity than the 650w era.

If the next couple gens can push 3080 equivalent performance into the 2070 wattage area then something else hungry would have replaced it everyone will be looking at.

I was just doing my build a month ago and was researching various PSUs and prices, they all seemed normal (Amazon and Micro Center).. a number were OOS but the ones in stock the prices were fine, I didn't see anything like we're seeing with GPUs and CPUs, myself.

Back