How is this 939 mobo

If you can get it for 20$ cheaper then I'd get it just look at some reviews first
 
Owned that board for a week.. kept crashing on me constantly. Had to return it :\

dunno if I got a bad board or what..
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...+939+NVIDIA+nForce4+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+OEM
CHAINTECH VNF4 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM

you might try something like this for $32 or one of the other s939mb's they have there .

the ECS a-939 is a pretty good mb --or at least the ones i had were. i think they run like $55 new . they wern't overclocking much though.

one of the things you'll need to take into account on a open-box mb is that they are often OEM and don't have driver sisk- software backplate or manual and only a 15 day DOA warrenty .

but if you can live with not having all the stuff you can get a good deal .

i would avoid open-box mb's that have sound modules or wi-fi stuff that is seperate because it may or may not come with those critical parts .
 
Out of all the boards you put up there, I guess I'd get that Asus board or maybe the Abit KN8. Personally, I'd see if you can get an NF4 Ultra based board. That Chaintech board was a great board. I had one for a while until I sold it to a friend. Still kicking even now. $33 or so refurbished is a pretty good deal IMHO.
 
That's not a bad board. For the price, I'd say go for it. Not going to be an extreme OCer, but should get you up around 250HTT.
 
At stock speeds, or even a little above stock, I don't think you'll have any problems with that board. Good price too. There are some cheaper ones, but that strikes a good balance between price and features.
 
Back
Top